Bad Company 2

Only people who preordered are able to play today. The rest get to play on Monday, when it is "officially" released.

You can buy it today. I did. Took them 3 hours to email me but I got the code from my order. Their servers are getting pounded though. You might get server errors. Not the game. The website.

I bought it from Steam a little while ago and am playing without issues.

I played through about 6 games... so far every single map is determined by whoever gets in the PBR. The PBR just absolutely rapes everything. There's no easy way to take it down. Really, really OP.

You can play today...I was just putting in the wrong code. I had to look up the cd key on my steam page. I was putting in the confirmation number. Anyways I really gotta go shopping now!

I bought it from Steam a little while ago and am playing without issues.

I played through about 6 games... so far every single map is determined by whoever gets in the PBR. The PBR just absolutely rapes everything. There's no easy way to take it down. Really, really OP.

The gunner position is super powerful. I went ~30-3 one round just strafing the hill with it. Got called out for hacking o_O. I think I only did well because nobody was actively trying to shoot me out of it for some reason. I found that when I was on the receiving end, I could burst fire the gunners down with an SMG easily enough.

vietnam is dope. The maps are way better than the standard bc2 maps IMO

I don't know the map names, but there is one where the VC are attacking (Rush) and I've never seen the attackers make it past the first set of MCOM's. For some reason there are only two very tight choke points that are extremely easy to defend. The rest of the maps are pretty tight though.

Is anyone having issues with their ranks being reset in game? I've played Vietnam all afternoon and went to play a regular BC2 map and my rank is back to 0 with none of my weapons. It shows my correct rank before I get into a game, but doesn't seem to be working once I am actually in the game. Others on several servers I have tried out are having the same issue. I am hoping this is a glitch on EA's side, but right now it's a major pain.

Is anyone having issues with their ranks being reset in game? I've played Vietnam all afternoon and went to play a regular BC2 map and my rank is back to 0 with none of my weapons. It shows my correct rank before I get into a game, but doesn't seem to be working once I am actually in the game. Others on several servers I have tried out are having the same issue. I am hoping this is a glitch on EA's side, but right now it's a major pain.

Yeah I think this is a bug right now. Hopefully they'll have it fixed soon.

I am fucking bitches up with the AK-47.

Hit registry seems to be 100x better in Vietnam.

The maps are much better.

The game seems to run a lot better, too.

Win overall.

wish i could order the DLC. one of the down sides to not having a credit card or bank account :(

The EA master servers are getting cornholioliodeedee dodad. Connections lost and ranks not right. Expect it for the next few days.

GAME IS BETTER!!! Hit reg? Check. FPS improvement in dx11? Check.

Add me to the list. I bought it from the EA store and 2hrs later i got my unlock code. This game is fun. The atmosphere is almost as great as it was in the original BF:Vietnam.

So I just ordered the game from the EA store and got my order confirmation email? You guys are experiencing two hours or so until you get the key code?

So I just ordered the game from the EA store and got my order confirmation email? You guys are experiencing two hours or so until you get the key code?

I don't know. I ordered the game last night and I got my key code at like 6AM. I think that was the initial launch, though.

If you are buying the game from the EA store I dunno why are you guys waiting for the key code via email.. it's right on your sales invoice/order confirmation sheet, upper right hand area. You get there after entering your credit card / billing info. You then write it on a piece of paper, log into BC2, click on the Vietnam tab, enter the code and voila. Now get it and go frag!

Yeah noticed that and been playing for the last hour. This game is all sorts of awesome. I hope BC2 gets a lot of the optimization this game got!!! Best moment so far, equipped with the flame thrower and torched a nest of 5 guys.

I like how there is no unlock system for the weapons, makes it much more enjoyable in just equipping whatever you want and having tons of fun on the battlefield. Good idea in at least improving your rank though.

I believe someone was claiming "Mimsy420" was a hacker, I just came from a heavy metal server and YES. He is a huuuuuge hacker. And I will tell you why there's so many hackers in this game. Everyone will bitch about something but nobody will do anything about it. This sever was equipped with a command to call the admin and report people. All you had to do was type !calladmin your text here.

It was me calling him a hacker. I didn't know that command existed but thanks. I'll remember that for the future. While I'm waiting for admin to show, I'll continue tking and griefing the S.O.B. :D

That flamethrower is arguably worse than the Gustav for uber lameness.

PLEASE tell me it's possible to shoot the fuel tank and set them ablaze! I may not buy it if you can't. :(

It also looks like any points you get with a class in Vietnam counts towards points in the vanilla BC2 class. I never really played sniper in BC2 but have been alot in Vietnam and almost have the mortar strike already.

Sup [H]-user idelible5 aka 2eB.:dizzle, gg's last night!

Man, I love piloting that heli, it's so quick and responsive. To bad it's the only map with heli's in it.

bfbc2game20101219012435.jpg

i got a question for you guys who the vietnam. did they improve the graphics at all? i cant buy mine till friggen thursday

i got a question for you guys who the vietnam. did they improve the graphics at all? i cant buy mine till friggen thursday

I don't think so but it seems to be better optimised perhaps, so you have more room to up the settings and still get a playable framerate.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1036586643 said:
Sup [H]-user idelible5 aka 2eB.:dizzle, gg's last night!

Man, I love piloting that heli, it's so quick and responsive. To bad it's the only map with heli's in it.

And the purpose of you showing us your score in a over-sized graphic is?...obvious

And the purpose of you showing us your score in a over-sized graphic is?...obvious

because he can and its not oversized since it fits perfectly on my 1920x1200 screen.. :D

figured i'd defend his bragging with my own bragging.. YAR!!!

PLEASE tell me it's possible to shoot the fuel tank and set them ablaze! I may not buy it if you can't. :(

Heh, that would be cool. I have no idea because typically the user of the flamethrower is doing a lot of pray'n'spray and it's just too damned late if you get touched by it.

I see myself looking for servers that ban it same as I look for servers that ban the Gustav.

Heh, that would be cool. I have no idea because typically the user of the flamethrower is doing a lot of pray'n'spray and it's just too damned late if you get touched by it.

I see myself looking for servers that ban it same as I look for servers that ban the Gustav.

Eh I havent notice any issues with the flamethrower. Normally theres one or two guys using them and there pretty easy to take down.

Is it just me or does it seem easier to kill in Vietnam? It's been a while since I played BC2 so I expected to get owned... but I actually maintained a decent K/D in the few rounds I played. Is this what people are saying about the hit boxes being improved? I preferred the challenge of trying to kill rather then this arcade feeling of point and click. Maybe I just had a good night. :D

Is it just me or does it seem easier to kill in Vietnam? It's been a while since I played BC2 so I expected to get owned... but I actually maintained a decent K/D in the few rounds I played. Is this what people are saying about the hit boxes being improved? I preferred the challenge of trying to kill rather then this arcade feeling of point and click. Maybe I just had a good night. :D

The hit detection is definitely improved. Yes its easier to kill people, but I think its more related that the weapons are more straight forward. Doesn't really seem theres any physics or gravity on the bullets, what you aim at is what you hit. Sniping is much easier as the bullets just go in a straight line it seems like. Overall I like it though. I think this was intentional by DICE though. Instead of a competitive atmosphere that BC2 provides, this is more laid back and straight up fun to go in and have a blast.

True enough. Could be a lot worse.

The range on them could be a lot worse which will make them annoying, but its a good balance IMO. I only used it once when I noticed a hut with one of the radios had 5+ guys inside of it guarding it. So I equipped the flame thrower and torched the building and then proceeded to set the charge.

This expansion kicks ass simply put. It really is a blast to play and the improvments to the engine are readily apparent. The game aside from using alot more gpu power across the board and having higher fps as a result just FEELS smoother. The improvments they made to the engine for MOH they obviously added to vietnam and it shows. Theres a snappiness to the engine now and I love it. Games kick ass fun. Good fucking job dice and ty. :)

Edit: For anyone still on the fence about this exp. If your any kind of a BF fan this for 15 bucks seriously is a no brainer. It's worth every penny. Makes me wanna go kick kittens when I think about the 60 bucks I wasted on Blops, that piece of shit. This for 15 blows blops away, period the end.

This expansion kicks ass simply put. It really is a blast to play and the improvments to the engine are readily apparent. The game aside from using alot more gpu power across the board and having higher fps as a result just FEELS smoother. The improvments they made to the engine for MOH they obviously added to vietnam and it shows. Theres a snappiness to the engine now and I love it. Games kick ass fun. Good fucking job dice and ty. :)

Edit: For anyone still on the fence about this exp. If your any kind of a BF fan this for 15 bucks seriously is a no brainer. It's worth every penny. Makes me wanna go kick kittens when I think about the 60 bucks I wasted on Blops, that piece of shit. This for 15 blows blops away, period the end.

Absolutely agreed.

The range on them could be a lot worse which will make them annoying, but its a good balance IMO. I only used it once when I noticed a hut with one of the radios had 5+ guys inside of it guarding it. So I equipped the flame thrower and torched the building and then proceeded to set the charge.

I had fun with it myself a couple of times although I wasn't terribly effective with it. :)

The Vietnam expansion gives me hope for more packs like this in the future.

BC2 vanilla is a great game, but if they have a pack that lets you play Vietnam style there's no reason they can't release 1943 as a pack with a few maps too in 6-8 months.

Well put. This is best feeling BF game since '42 IMO. Insane amount of fun.

Back