Bad Company 2

That's very much like people. And sad to say, I think the main reason that no one did anything was that they weren't honestly positive that the dude was hacking. I know there's been many times when I get slaughtered by someone repetitively, and it's irritating, but I have no idea if they are just really good, or if I really suck, or if they are hacking. I'm one of the people who gets tired of 'haxor!!!' always being cried on a server, especially when it seems fairly easy to determine they are NOT hacking.

Since I cannot definitively state that they are hacking, I choose not to say anything. Now, in your case, I'd have taken action. I sympathize with you and thank you for taking action. Hopefully the dude gets the ban, but I doubt it will stop him for long.

true but theres a difference between good people and hackers. hackers dont know how to control themselves and make the hacking very obvious.. aka sitting in the middle of the map snapping around with an m60 headshooting everyone.. running down the middle of the map and headshooting everyone.. killing some one from across the entire map where theres no possible way you could of seen that person even with the red triangle using a uzi.. going 50-2 sitting in a tank at the back of the map on the secondary gun and head shooting everyone.. yeah its endless and most hackers sucks ass at hiding it.

I've started playing again a few days ago after playing mw2 and black ops for a while and god damn you feel so sluggish compared to COD games, I also don't like the terrain because you can come across a small boulder and you have to walk around it instead of being able to step over the thing.

um you have a space bar.. jump over the damn thing..

true but theres a difference between good people and hackers. hackers dont know how to control themselves and make the hacking very obvious.. aka sitting in the middle of the map snapping around with an m60 headshooting everyone.. running down the middle of the map and headshooting everyone.. killing some one from across the entire map where theres no possible way you could of seen that person even with the red triangle using a uzi.. going 50-2 sitting in a tank at the back of the map on the secondary gun and head shooting everyone.. yeah its endless and most hackers sucks ass at hiding it.

um you have a space bar
.. jump over the damn thing..

No shit.

I would rather not be jumping around revealing my position though.

No shit.

I would rather not be jumping around revealing my position though.

It's not just that but you have to jump over every little thing. It's retarded. Anything maybe shin-high or so you should be able to just walk over. Above the knee should require jumping.

I've started playing again a few days ago after playing mw2 and black ops for a while and god damn you feel so sluggish compared to COD games, I also don't like the terrain because you can come across a small boulder and you have to walk around it instead of being able to step over the thing.

i played very shortly after the new maps were released, and like you i've been playing MW2 and BO since i stopped playing this game. you are right it feels like your character is moving through molasses. even so, i'm starting to crave some of those awesome moments i had back when i was playing BC2. think i'll pick it back up this weekend and play some...spend some time discovering the new maps.

i played very shortly after the new maps were released, and like you i've been playing MW2 and BO since i stopped playing this game. you are right it feels like your character is moving through molasses. even so, i'm starting to crave some of those awesome moments i had back when i was playing BC2. think i'll pick it back up this weekend and play some...spend some time discovering the new maps.

they really just need to stop trying to make there own engines, I'm guessing bf3 will feel like complete shit upon release.

they really just need to stop trying to make there own engines, I'm guessing bf3 will feel like complete shit upon release.

or they could of been dicks and left the game as a console exclusive like the series is suppose to be. then we could all be playing the awesome and amazing COD:BO right now.. yeah that sounds great. i'll deal with the console ported flaws in BC2 over playing any of the worthless friggin COD series games.

or they could of been dicks and left the game as a console exclusive like the series is suppose to be. then we could all be playing the awesome and amazing COD:BO right now.. yeah that sounds great. i'll deal with the console ported flaws in BC2 over playing any of the worthless friggin COD series games.

QFT

As a "console port" BC2 holds up pretty well. It looks good and for around 90% of the time plays well.

Getting tired of people assuming that BC2 is indicative of BF3's direction when 1) "Bad Company" is by DICE's admission designed for console gamers; and 2) multiplatform doesn't automatically equal lower player counts when the console currently has a game with a player limit four times bigger than BF2.

I consider myself pretty sensitive to consolitis and I think BC2 is the best semi-realistic FPS since at least the CoD4:MW, if not BF2. I think this bodes very well for BF3 as I think they'll really take advantage of the ever growing PC/console performance gap.

I still *like* TF2 more than BC2, but the realistic maps/models/weapons/damage appeals more to me in general.

I think more than anything, the destructible environments just add so much to the game. I remember day-dreaming about my ideal game having deformable terrain and destructible environments since the Day of Defeat beta. The intensity of the combat is ratcheted up so much when your cover is literally tearing up in front of you. It's also just plain cool to see a map turn from jungle to torn up, shell cratered, brown mess after 15 minutes of non-stop firefights and mortars.

Playing Vietnam right now, it's pretty cool. Just shot down my first helicopter with the RPG-7, had to lead it like 20 meters or so!

played 'Nam for 4-5 rounds, have to say I'm pretty impressed w/ the maps and gameplay.
GOOD TIMES!

Cool looking maps, played each map twice. Hella fun!

Seems like you get better performance in Vietnam maps, fps is overall higher then BC2 maps.

If you thought the blackhawk was bad, wait till you see the heli in Vietnam. It's a blast to fly...

bfbc2game20101218034238.jpg

bfbc2game20101218032147.jpg

Very intense gameplay on certain parts of the maps.
On one Rush map, the MCOM is in the middle and it turns into a real shit hole. Bodies everywhere.

The M40 is a dirty little slut. I started up Vietnam when I got my key to see what it was like. Chose the M40 to start off with, gold star in 4 maps/ 59 minutes.

I also love the damage model and hit reg. No complaints at all, 3 AK/M14 rounds to the chest to drop an enemy feels very rewarding, and the tank/huey/boat MGs are as you would think a mounted gun should be. Drops people with no trouble. Flamethrower range seems shit though, it's basically just a knife with no downtime.

Shame there are so few maps, it's going to be difficult going back to vanilla after this. And my stats appear to have been reset.

Last edited:
I don't know what's going on with the steam forum.. but I'm trying to find out how to get my key for vietnam steam version and can't.

Anyone able to play vietnam with a steam purchased copy?

Yes, when in the game press shift+tab and there should be a link called "CD Key" in white up at the top right of your screen. That will popup your BC2 cd keys. Enter the one for Vietnam and in your in.

I think more than anything, the destructible environments just add so much to the game. I remember day-dreaming about my ideal game having deformable terrain and destructible environments since the Day of Defeat beta. The intensity of the combat is ratcheted up so much when your cover is literally tearing up in front of you. It's also just plain cool to see a map turn from jungle to torn up, shell cratered, brown mess after 15 minutes of non-stop firefights and mortars.
Yea man, I am old enough to actually enjoy this dream come true like you have. I was thinking about that stuff back in the CS < 1.0 days. Now that its here and works well, I dunno. I love gaming right now.

As a "console port" BC2 holds up pretty well. It looks good and for around 90% of the time plays well.

Getting tired of people assuming that BC2 is indicative of BF3's direction when 1) "Bad Company" is by DICE's admission designed for console gamers; and 2) multiplatform doesn't automatically equal lower player counts when the console currently has a game with a player limit four times bigger than BF2.
Gamers for the most part, are jaded, un-satisfiable, cheap, and expect instant gratification. Also they are experts in game & business development, along with marketing practices. They also know whats going on behind the scenes that us normal people don't. Don't worry its in their nature.

QFT. If it wasn't for this game, I'd be playing CS Source again.

Yes, when in the game press shift+tab and there should be a link called "CD Key" in white up at the top right of your screen. That will popup your BC2 cd keys. Enter the one for Vietnam and in your in.

Thanks, what I was doing wrong is looking for "Bad company 2: Vietnam" in my game list. But I guess it's labeled as "DLC" by steam.

I paid for the vietnam but no activation code has been mailed to me. Just a receipt from paypal. Nothing on EA for me either? Um, shit!

Edit: It is ok on steam now but EA! as usual is fucking up. Delays getting the code if you get it from ea store. REALLY wish I had the game on steam instead of a retail dvd.

As always, GG EA!!

They give you the unlock code on the order completed page.

I also have not gotten the email, but was able to use the code in the redeem section of the game.

That flamethrower is arguably worse than the Gustav for uber lameness.

Played on a server that was fairly laggy despite some good ping ratings and such and hopefully if that was a "game" issue it'll be ironed out before too long.

Overall, I really liked what I saw.

I paid for the vietnam but no activation code has been mailed to me. Just a receipt from paypal. Nothing on EA for me either? Um, shit!

Edit: It is ok on steam now but EA! as usual is fucking up. Delays getting the code if you get it from ea store. REALLY wish I had the game on steam instead of a retail dvd.

As always, GG EA!!

I got it from the EA store and got it around 10am GMT. Check your junk folder.

That is if you pre-ordered it, I should mention. If you bought it after the pre-order period you have to wait until the 21st which is the official release date. The 18th is only if you pre-ordered.

They give you the unlock code on the order completed page.

I also have not gotten the email, but was able to use the code in the redeem section of the game.

Nope. I got a server error message instead. Mother,..//,,wakd!! Whatever. I'll get it eventually. Should be used to this bs by now.

Jeezsus........one word to describe BC2:Vietnam........intense.

Deff not seeing as much camping snipers anymore. It's way too much fun to rush. Shit blowing up everywhere.

Anyone else noticing way better fps in vietnam than vanilla bc2? Everything feels so much smoother now. And hit registry this morning has been spot on :O I'm loving this expansion so far.

Jeezsus........one word to describe BC2:Vietnam........intense.

Deff not seeing as much camping snipers anymore. It's way too much fun to rush. Shit blowing up everywhere.

Very intense. Well worth the money.

I bought this like 20 min ago and my code isn't working....anyone else having the same problem?

Vietnam is so much fun that I'm actually pissed that my friends are coming over later for beer, wings and movies. I just want to lock my door, turn off my phone and crank up my speakers.

Makes me wish vanilla would disable scopes for every class but recon.

Back