Bad Company 2

a team full of recons is frustrating, but some recon class players are needed for spotting and counter-sniping. on most rush maps, having 2-3 recon class players is ideal in my experience.

This is a prime example of why I stopped playing rush. Too many douches wanna be the sniper with their 6:1 K/D ratios per round. Leave one squad of 4 to attack the mcom, we all know how that ends:

<snip>

I tell you what. I'm still pretty much a noob in the game so this doesn't carry a lot of weight but I was in a game like that last night...on the wrong side.

It was a slaughter. I watched my squad mates, many of whom were considerably better and more experienced than me, not fare a whole lot better than I was.

Basically you couldn't take a leak without getting picked off in that thing. It's not fun if you're on the wrong side but damned if it doesn't get results. I quit that session after 5 minutes and when I couldn't switch teams. ;)

I figured I bring out all the OMG WE GOTTA WIN haters with my post. I love it!

It's the same people that would rather be in a game where you are absolutely stomping the other team. I prefer to play on a more balanced server. It's where my fun is (and the friends I play with).

Also, dropping all the hate so quickly makes me LOL. Not *every* sniper will continue to snipe when he sees 80% of the team doing it. I go in as medic (primarily) whenever it's needed, though sniping is where the most fun is for me... God forbid!

I usually play on a clan server (fairly large, has 20+ different gaming servers for different games; 3 servers for BF:BC2) and the team play there is awesome. We're all on teamspeak coordinating and stuff, and so is the other team. Makes for good play.

Now, when those servers are full (or empty) I'll play on a pub server and I get frustrated. Losing an attack round where I have 1000 points more than the next best player on my team isn't uncommon :( I am typically the only one to set the mcom.

As for the sniper thing... The sniper's job on an attack team is to pick off people shooting at the squad that goes in for the MCOM. Then, once it's set, mortar the $*#& out of it and then shoot people trying to defuse. K/D padding is stupid.

I don't think its JUST recon/snipers that should be limited. I find it very irritating when playing a rush map and the entire other team is playing as nothing but the medic class.

Isn't it possible for servers to now limit based on number of people playing a particular class? I could have sworn that I 'died' (my stats didn't change, but each time I spawned I 'died' and received a message stating to choose a different class) on a server the other night. At the time, I was actually trying to spawn as recon (since I'm still working to get bronze on all weapons, with sniper rifles left being the only weapons I need to bronze). I was actually kinda pleased I was told to play something else.

I prefer to play on a more balanced server. It's where my fun is (and the friends I play with).

Since I'm still pretty new...these are the kinds of game situations I want to be in. Balanced server sounds like music to my noob ears. ;)

LOL, what I saw last night sure as hell wasn't, though.

Since I'm still pretty new...these are the kinds of game situations I want to be in. Balanced server sounds like music to my noob ears. ;)

LOL, what I saw last night sure as hell wasn't, though.

The all sniper teams always lose. There needs to be a balance for sure. I like just barely winning when both sides are doing really well. Feels so satisfying when we win.

No way to implement class restrictions fairly that I can see - how are they going to determine who can and cannot play a certain class? The all sniper thing is lol worthy but the all medic revive squad is just as fricken annoying especially when those buggers can sit there and fire for like 20 seconds straight.

No way to implement class restrictions fairly that I can see - how are they going to determine who can and cannot play a certain class? The all sniper thing is lol worthy but the all medic revive squad is just as fricken annoying especially when those buggers can sit there and fire for like 20 seconds straight.

That's what kills me! The all medic revive crew. I die and get revived 10 times, each time getting re-killed because they don't clear the area first.

I'll take 10 snipers over 10 revive-whore medics.

class restrictions is a bad idea IMO, that bothered me in DOD:S. although i hate to use that example since it's still a great game, i just think it would have been better without class restrictions.

That's what kills me! The all medic revive crew. I die and get revived 10 times, each time getting re-killed because they don't clear the area first.

I'll take 10 snipers over 10 revive-whore medics.

i'm guilty of this every now and then and i'm level 46 so i know better. it's just me not using my noggin and making a bad judgment call. when it happens i usually apologize over team chat...but i still feel like a moron :D

I'm one of the asshole snipers now. I love it.

We may not win every game, but me as a sniper with at least 3:1 KD isn't hurting us.

You enjoying running in and getting slayed, I like staying out and sniping. :)

Why not just play team deathmatch then?

i'm guilty of this every now and then and i'm level 46 so i know better. it's just me not using my noggin and making a bad judgment call. when it happens i usually apologize over team chat...but i still feel like a moron :D

I'll revive them once, if they're not capable of reacting fast enough to do some damage then I'll just let them die again. Or if they're some dumb snipers I'll keep reviving them muhahaha.

Half the time they just stand there like "WUT JUST HAPPENED" and get blown away, when I was quite capable of running out there and reviving them, and getting back behind cover, they should be able to do the same when they're invulnerable for a few seconds. There have only been a few times when I got revived without expecting it, like went to grab a bite of a sandwich or something and go OH SHIT and fumble with my keyboard to try to find a place to hide.

Sniper is fun, but it's so easy to get up close and contribute more than just killing people. Motion sensors are necessary for some maps and make it so much easier. It's ridiculous that I have to pickup enemy sniper kits to throw motion sensors because the 5-6 recons on my team don't bother... IT'S FREE POINTS.

I like taking SVU + Extra Ammo + Spotting scope and go within nades throwing distance.

Very effective :D

I think I'm late to the party but the respawn times have finally been fixed. I'm back in the game immediately which keeps my reflexes sharp. Went from having an average of about 16 kills/1.1 KDR to 22 kills/1.8+ KDR. The game is a lot better to play now.

the problem with class restriction, is that not everyone who plays recon is a sniper.

My main class is vss or shotgun recon. Running in, tossing motion mines, and c4'ing the crate as I arm.

It's very aggravating when i can't play my favorite style of play just because someone wants to sit on a hill and miss for the whole game.

the problem with class restriction, is that not everyone who plays recon is a sniper.

My main class is vss or shotgun recon. Running in, tossing motion mines, and c4'ing the crate as I arm.

It's very aggravating when i can't play my favorite style of play just because someone wants to sit on a hill and miss for the whole game.

I agree, but i'd rather be forced into playing Assault/Medic than be on a team with 10 blind wookies.

ya the all sniper teams get really old when they cant friggin shoot and the other team just owns you so bad ur stuck getting base raped.

I get real annoyed when a sniper is only out to get enemy snipers, leaving that enemy medic defibbing him unscathed. *shakes fist*

The game needs some bots or a target map so the crappy snipers can learn how to shoot!
Yea I was just like them at one point since I had to get used to the bullet drop and velocity/lag but now I want to complain about them since I'm pretty good with the SV98 :D

I can't wait to try Port Valdez Conquest (I don't enjoy Rush).

What's this about an achievement with the repair tool? It's not listed as an insignia or pin?

I can't wait to try Port Valdez Conquest (I don't enjoy Rush).

What's this about an achievement with the repair tool? It's not listed as an insignia or pin?

Nope, it's just an achievement for headshotting with a repair tool

well this is BULLSHIT just bought the game cant fucking log in >.>
any one know how long its been like this and how long its going to be be for i can play the game i PAYED for?
the EA forums are useless

btw it fails after asking for the CDkey any ideas? i just says Can not connect try again later
again after logging in with my EA account and entering the cd key

Why do they keep calling these things map packs? Really? They give you game modes you already had on maps we already have. Why not give us those game modes on a completely new map?!

any one know how long its been like this and how long its going to be be for i can play the game i PAYED for?

btw it fails after asking for the CDkey any ideas? i just says Can not connect try again later

Try running the game with admin privileges. Good luck.

Atacama Rush is decent, but the colour palette and striking bloom kills it for me. I can't see a bloody thing! It's like shooting blind half the time.

Port Valdez CQ is bonkers, so many vehicles and general utter chaos. Good fun though, even though the capture points are far too far apart. Got an Ace ping first game I played on it. Engineers can dominate this map.

Atacama Rush would be good if they would get rid of that damn sun effects..That mixed with the dust storms make it impossible for me to play.

I can't tell they did anything in the Lastest patch. I had to use the overide patch to even get the Fing thing to run. Of course it wiped all my settings and stuff.
Fucking lame as company.

Then they had another to go to hell users and lied saying the patch was lost in transit in Romania or some such BS.
HOW THE F do you loose a digital patch in shipment??????

Hell at least back up your damn lies with a story
Oh we put in on a bunch of 5 1/4 disk and mailed it to headquarters and it was taken by terrorist and they want $300 so we called in the Army to help.

Last edited:

Don't click remember password; it does the same thing for me. IF I uncheck remember password it lets me login.

Then they had another to go to hell users and lied saying the patch was lost in transit in Romania or some such BS.
HOW THE F do you loose a digital patch in shipment??????

They didn't lose it. What happened was EA's only QA department is in Romania, and there was a transportation strike in Romania so the QA people couldn't get to work. And before you ask why they couldn't test it at home, that's because they have special test rigs at the office (can't imagine too many people in Romania having a PC capable of running BC2 well enough to test it properly).

P.S. Most of the DICE guys are cool and tell the truth, believe it or not. Bazajaytee and Kalms both are. It's Demize that's the idiot - just look at his Twitter page. Half his tweets are bitching about his customers.

I've been getting a weird lag that occasionally almost stops the game completely. Not rubberbanding but like super slow mo for about 5 seconds.

If anyone is interested in joining a Bad Company 2 clan, we're looking for mature, fun, outgoing, and team oriented players. Please PM me for details.

Last set of MCOM's in Atacama rush is a bear to win. 3 tanks for defenders vs 2 for attackers. Non destructible buildings for mcom's and hard to reach. Even with my CG spamming I only won 1 match as attacker.

Back