Bad Company 2

got it, and with it got the Elite Service Insignia and the Exemplary Combat Service Insignia since they depended on it.

dear god man it's time to branch out from the AN-94. 14,000+ kills, with the M60 being your next highest at a mere 569. variety is the spice of life :p

dear god man it's time to branch out from the AN-94. 14,000+ kills, with the M60 being your next highest at a mere 569. variety is the spice of life :p

He's going for the secret unobtainium medal for the AN-94.

Everyone has a rocket to take them out and most people use tanks/helios to pilot and dump.

???

Even against a great opposing team an T-90 or Abrams or Bradley could survive an entire game while being a crucial contribution to the team, provided you have maybe two engineers to back you up (or one if you're an engineer).

I've been in tight rounds of Arica Harbor where an Abrams with Vehicle Zoom lasted me the entire round, destroying 8 out of 10 objectives with over 4000 combat points. Actually the only two objectives I haven't figured out how to destroy safely with the Abrams (from a good distance) is Alpha on the second set and Alpha on the last set. I can probably figure out Alpha on the last set but Alpha on the second set (the underground garage) seems impossible to take with a tank unless you put yourself in harm's way.

I used to hate Arica Harbor on offense before I figured out the beauty of the Abrams and the importance of being an engineer.

Furthering the point, if you jack a tank from the opposing team in maps like Port Valdez in certain choke points (e.g. T-90 from the offense on the second or third set of objectives), you're almost guaranteed victory as long as you keep it alive and your team isn't totally incompetent. If you were to drive it into the opposing base and bail without it being absolutely destroyed, you'd almost certainly fucked.

Of course the case may be different for conquest.. I hate conquest. Too short for me.

Last edited:
???

Even against a great opposing team an T-90 or Abrams or Bradley could survive an entire game while being a crucial contribution of the team, provided you have maybe two engineers to back you up (or one if you're an engineer).

I've been in tight rounds of Arica Harbor where an Abrams with Vehicle Zoom lasted me the entire round, destroying 8 out of 10 objectives. Actually the only two objectives I haven't figured out how to destroy safely with the Abrams (from a good distance) is Alpha on the second set and Alpha on the last set.

I used to hate Arica Harbor on offense before I figured out the beauty of the Abrams.

My main point was most people throw them away.....

Yep, there aren't that many people good with the tank. They don't seem to understand that cover in a tank is no different than if on foot.

That and spot spot spot. People don't spot enough in this game (I don't play HC much) and it's one of the the things that separates the good from the not so good. It's much easier to track an orange triangle, especially on the "jungle" maps where almost everything can be shot through.

nothing worse than someone who grabs the tank and rushes in on the enemy and either dumps it immediately, or prematurely bails giving the enemy your shiny new abrams. if i pilot a tank i'm in it to the end. it becomes my cozy metal coffin.

That and spot spot spot. People don't spot enough in this game (I don't play HC much) and it's one of the the things that separates the good from the not so good. It's much easier to track an orange triangle, especially on the "jungle" maps where almost everything can be shot through.

spotting really is critical, particularly on a map like Nelson Bay.

???? no vehicles? go play mw2 or MOH

When you buy my games (and PC) for me then you can tell me what games to play! Until then I will be having a great time playing whatever I think is fun without worrying about what random people on the Internet think.

My aim isn't that good yet and all I can do for my team is spot like crazy. I especially like sittin in the second seat in tanks and choopers and just spot shit. When I find myself too much under the influence to deal with infantry combat I hitch a ride in a vehicle and just spot the whole game.

Yes that is enjoyable for me. I'm the ultimate wing-man. I will fuck/flirt with that fat chic so you can bang her hot friend.

Spotting is fantastic I do it constantly. On Arica harbor though the tanks can be overpowered if the right person is driving them. It's easy to take out the first two objectives without ever moving the tank with V-Optic. B-#2 is also easy just destroy the building fast but yeah A-#2 is the hardest one I think other than the last A.

It's overpowered in the sense that the opposing team can't actually do anything to you at the tank spawn on the first set of objectives.

UAV with zoom is the best spotting weapon in the game. Just spot between missiles and the spot assists will roll in.

My aim isn't that good yet and all I can do for my team is spot like crazy. I especially like sittin in the second seat in tanks and choopers and just spot shit. When I find myself too much under the influence to deal with infantry combat I hitch a ride in a vehicle and just spot the whole game.

Yes that is enjoyable for me. I'm the ultimate wing-man. I will fuck/flirt with that fat chic so you can bang her hot friend.

You can be my wing-man anytime.

He's going for the secret unobtainium medal for the AN-94.

20000 is my goal :D I know 14000+ is too much but thats about half of my total kills so it's not that bad.

I posted this for me and the AN-94 here before.

It's overpowered in the sense that the opposing team can't actually do anything to you at the tank spawn on the first set of objectives.

I have tried several times to shoot a tracer onto one of those tanks, just to see if it can be done. If that can happen, I'm positive that I'll be able to defend the MCOMs again. Otherwise, its easy to get rolled due to the tanks.

I have tried several times to shoot a tracer onto one of those tanks, just to see if it can be done. If that can happen, I'm positive that I'll be able to defend the MCOMs again. Otherwise, its easy to get rolled due to the tanks.

If you're talking about Arica Harbor, yes you can trace tanks that spawn if you have the resolution and draw distance. A tank can still take cover near the spawn against rpgs and hit the mcoms. Pretty much every angle at ~310m the rpg would end up hitting the bus or whatever they're hiding behind. So you'll have to push forward a bit to land a hit. Lately I push forward with the M136 +explosive damage and take care of business myself.

Hackers make baby jubus cry.... Typically see one or two a week, but when they are there... ugh.

If you're talking about Arica Harbor, yes you can trace tanks that spawn if you have the resolution and draw distance. A tank can still take cover near the spawn against rpgs and hit the mcoms. Pretty much every angle at ~310m the rpg would end up hitting the bus or whatever they're hiding behind. So you'll have to push forward a bit to land a hit. Lately I push forward with the M136 +explosive damage and take care of business myself.

the problem is when targeting a traced tank and trying to 'arc' up at the last second, no matter what angle you arc the rocket it will still plateau back towards the ground and then follow a flattened trajectory. this makes it damn near impossible to avoid any of the destroyed buses etc. on Arica.

Even against a great opposing team an T-90 or Abrams or Bradley could survive an entire game while being a crucial contribution to the team, provided you have maybe two engineers to back you up (or one if you're an engineer).

Yup. Agree.

KDR17.jpg

Grabbed a T-90 at the start of Africa Harbor and blasted a couple guys then fell back when our base fell in 2 seconds. Parked myself next to the cliff in front of the red house and with my gunner just made that way unpassble to anyone on the enemy team. When that base fell I feel back to the bridge and killed a few more guys till the tank took 2 At4s and a Mortar strike made me bail from the tank before it blew.

Any middle aged (20's+ clans recruiting?) I have a long history of battlefield games and I'm looking to get back into this game with a clan...... if you have a clan that is recruiting please pm me.

Actually, slugs still one shot on normal until you get past short range.

People frequently (Mistakenly) think they are getting one-shotted on normal from slugs at mid range and further because they frequently run around injured from taking a couple minor hits and don't think about it. Then when they get hit by a slug at range for the remaining 70-90% of their health and die, they call the shotgun op.

At headshot at any range in normal will kill you though.

I've been totally tanking my stats the past few days going berserk with the pump shotguns. They're so much fun to use, but my precision aiming needs lots of work. :p Trying to train myself for when I decide to grind the sniper rifles...UGH!

I've been totally tanking my stats the past few days going berserk with the pump shotguns. They're so much fun to use, but my precision aiming needs lots of work. :p Trying to train myself for when I decide to grind the sniper rifles...UGH!

You're probably actually hitting a lot more than you think. The registry is so completely horrible in this game a lot of the time you are going to fire a shot at a guy, fail to reg, and then die from him spraying his automatic weapon at you before you get the next shot off.

The horrible reg is vastly more apparent with shotguns because, being that they are a low-refire rate one-shot weapon with a clip of 4 instead of 30-100, missing one of your shots from reg is a death sentence.

Bleh, hopped on for a bit after taking a break for the week. Don't know what happened, but I'm just not having fun at all. Winning, losing, offence, defense, conquest, rush, squad dm, and squad rush, didn't matter. All I could think about was how much I didn't want to play anymore :(

You're probably actually hitting a lot more than you think. The registry is so completely horrible in this game a lot of the time you are going to fire a shot at a guy, fail to reg, and then die from him spraying his automatic weapon at you before you get the next shot off.

The horrible reg is vastly more apparent with shotguns because, being that they are a low-refire rate one-shot weapon with a clip of 4 instead of 30-100, missing one of your shots from reg is a death sentence.

Oh I definitely agree. The hit dodgy registration is much more apparently when using single shot weapons like sniper rifles and shotguns. Countless times I would definitely shoot some guy in the face point blank, hear the head-shot "ping", but it didn't at all register and then I die when he panics and unloads his automatic weapon into me. Frustrating for sure. But damn the shotguns feel great to use, especially when you flank squads and mow them all down.

Compared to BF2 and 2142 how do you guys like this game? I really want to buy it but keep reading about its "issues". I know BF2 had problems but was still fun enough for me to put over 200 hours in. 2142 maybe 100 hours.

Compared to BF2 and 2142 how do you guys like this game? I really want to buy it but keep reading about its "issues". I know BF2 had problems but was still fun enough for me to put over 200 hours in. 2142 maybe 100 hours.

Spent a good 600 or so hours with it and I still hold 2142 over as my all-time favorite Battlefield and shooter. Very balanced gameplay, some of the best guns, vehicles, and maps (not to mention very creative), and it just suited my play style in every way possible (awesome Clark 15B Shotgun or Ganz HMG with IDS Infantry Scanner was so devastating). Things that were nimble felt nimble and things that felt weighty felt weighty. Overall everything felt just right.

A little over 200 hours into it, I was having a hard moving to Bad Company 2 at first, but I think I've eased into it. I still have nights when I'm absolutely fuming at the game because it just doesn't work or something frustrating happens (i.e: unpredictable hit reg) and sometimes I just hate how the weapons "behave". Once DICE fully irons out all the bugs and issues in Bad Company 2 I have no doubt I will be able to enjoy the game to the fullest. Not sure if that'll ever happen since I hear Battlefield 2 still has some kinks to be worked out. :p Aside from graphics, I still don't think it can hold a candle to what 2142 did for me though. Never played Battlefield 2. :eek:

After DICE is done playing with the Bad Company franchise and are once again ready to pump out a proper Battlefield, I'd love to see them revisit the 22nd century.

Shameless plug for my stats: :eek:

Bad Company 2
pc_jamphat.png

Battlefield 2142
jamphat_player_555.png

BF2142 to me was the best of the BF series. It is a step below that on the fun factor. I mean come on. Drop ships on spawn beacons. MECHS! Weapon balance was damn near perfect, because they didn't need to worry about realism. To this day no map ever made come close to Camp Gibraltar in any game I can think of.

Tough to beat that all IMO.

BF2142 to me was the best of the BF series. It is a step below that on the fun factor. I mean come on. Drop ships on spawn beacons. MECHS! Weapon balance was damn near perfect, because they didn't need to worry about realism. To this day no map ever made come close to Camp Gibraltar in any game I can think of.

Tough to beat that all IMO.

Hmm maybe I shouldn't have skipped BF2142. I bought every other BF game and expansion EXCEPT 2142.

Probably not worth going back to try it now though I guess?

BF2142 is the best from BF series for me. Though, I play BFBC2 now exclusivelly, I really miss fun factor, huge maps, team play of 2142. I hope DICE will come up wiht BF 2143 :)

This is really, really bad. I REALLY want to like the game, but with rounds like this, it's quite frankly impossible:

GOL Sniper Rifle
Shots Fired 131
Accuracy: 50%

Kills - 8

So in other words, I hit people 66 times with a sniper rifle and only got 8 kills. And YES this is on hardcore. What the fuck, DICE? I'm literally watching blood explode from people's heads four shots in a row and they take no damage whatsoever, and then they uzi me from 200 meters away and one shot me. It's just completely ridiculous.

I never really played BF2, played 2142 a bit......

however, I was a huge CoD player(4/5/6), and this game blows those three out of the water, and from what I played of 2142, it is better than that as well in my opinion.

Ive noticed at times I will HS a guy, and he wont take damage.....or he lives, and shoots me, and someone else gets my kill.....or when it shows who killed me the guy will have 0% health......but overall the game play is likable....

edit: to the above poster, how the hell do you get 131 shots off with a GOL? :p I have a hard enough time getting 50 out for my 20 kills with my M95......though I hear you, the little stinkers with SMG's just dont die easily....

I rarely have any problems with headshots in normal, and I dont bother aiming for the head in hardcore. I cranked out tons of shots but 82% of my kills are headshots when I'm sniping.

Do any of you guys play on {S&H} (strength and honor)'s server and if so, do they regularly have retarded people on? I got called out twice this evening for hacking lolol...

Back