Bad Company 2

Saw another video of that guy (or another guy doing the same thing). I wish I could do that. I can't hit air vehicles with that rocket :(

Thats pretty awesome. I pretty much gave up on the AT4 after missing choppers soooo many times. I'll stick with my tracer + rpg :)

I got pretty good with un-guided Gustav's before the tracer got buffed... similar to that AT4 video but I'd just wait until they were going in a straight line and predict where they would be. Was fun on Isle Inocentes.. a lot of fun defending...

I think countermeasures for the choppers have the potential to make the game completely unbalanced. Ideally, it should be something only available to the blackhawk, since as a transport it needs to get closer to enemy bases and so on.

Apaches and Hinds are already very mobile, and can still easily escape darts in the hands of a good pilot.

Add to that the fact that the maps are small and full of choke points, and I'd really hate to go back to right after release, where people would just camp waiting for the chopper because of how hard it was to bring it down.

The ideal solution would be to have bigger maps. That way choppers could be really powerful without breaking balance completely. But in maps like port valdez and isla inocentes, which have a major choke point, those choppers in the hand of someone who knows how to fly completely owns. And this before countermeasures.

Recorded and edited this real quick... unguided gustavs :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzzgr83wtZw&fmt=22

You got some nice shots going on there but I noticed the first few chopper pilots are just flying straight like idiots..:rolleyes: I always used unguided but nows it fun to tracer people at long distance and blow the shit out of them :D

I think countermeasures for the choppers have the potential to make the game completely unbalanced. Ideally, it should be something only available to the blackhawk, since as a transport it needs to get closer to enemy bases and so on.

Apaches and Hinds are already very mobile, and can still easily escape darts in the hands of a good pilot.

Add to that the fact that the maps are small and full of choke points, and I'd really hate to go back to right after release, where people would just camp waiting for the chopper because of how hard it was to bring it down.

The ideal solution would be to have bigger maps. That way choppers could be really powerful without breaking balance completely. But in maps like port valdez and isla inocentes, which have a major choke point, those choppers in the hand of someone who knows how to fly completely owns. And this before countermeasures.

I totally agree. Blackhawks are deadly but the average time they are actually being effective seems pretty low. Yes there are those good pilots that can make Blackhawks super deadly and survive for a good amount of time, but the amount of people that can do that seems people low in PUG servers.

I've been in matches on Isla Inocentes where one chopper was able to win the entire game for them...it was pretty pathetic (pre patch). I believe Isla Inocentes and Port Valdez are the only two rush maps with those choke points with the attack choppers. Adding countermeasures would make it feel like pre-patch and give choppers a huge advantage once again.

You got some nice shots going on there but I noticed the first few chopper pilots are just flying straight like idiots..:rolleyes: I always used unguided but nows it fun to tracer people at long distance and blow the shit out of them :D

Yea, for playing two matches I was pleased with how many I shot down... when I first started playing engineer I never shot down a single chopper for a few matches.. haha

And yea, flying straight makes it easier to shoot them down, but the distance/angle of some of those shots is what made it harder.

Nice shots bud.

Defending on Isla is where most of my ace pins come from. Go out to the wrecked chopper in front of the island at the very start and shoot the boats/jetskis too. You can also clear off the guys hiding on the front of the island there too. :D

Played yesterday but at least 1/4 of the team was engineer so no Ace pin. First couple series of choppers that came out had a couple tracers on them and 4 Gustavs slamming into them.

Can anyone confirm whether the all bronze weapon medal is still bugged?

I just need the MG3, G3, M14, M1A1, and the bonus gun (G1?) and not sure whether I should go through the trouble of playing these crap guns.

Yea, for playing two matches I was pleased with how many I shot down... when I first started playing engineer I never shot down a single chopper for a few matches.. haha

And yea, flying straight makes it easier to shoot them down, but the distance/angle of some of those shots is what made it harder.

Just so you know, with all weapons - but it's most effective with the AT - as soon as the loaded ammo counter goes from 0 to 1 you can switch to another weapon and back instantly. It just cuts the end of the animation off, it's only like a second and a half in the longest instance but it's enough to make a difference when trying to take out a tank that's being repaired or when fighting off a bunch of enemies.

Can anyone confirm whether the all bronze weapon medal is still bugged?

I just need the MG3, G3, M14, M1A1, and the bonus gun (G1?) and not sure whether I should go through the trouble of playing these crap guns.

You can get bronze with all the guns but the Garand, those aren't recorded properly yet.

Just so you know, with all weapons - but it's most effective with the AT - as soon as the loaded ammo counter goes from 0 to 1 you can switch to another weapon and back instantly. It just cuts the end of the animation off, it's only like a second and a half in the longest instance but it's enough to make a difference when trying to take out a tank that's being repaired or when fighting off a bunch of enemies.

You can get bronze with all the guns but the Garand, those aren't recorded properly yet.

That reload trick really helps your efficiency on the battlefield. I'm guessing most people don't know about it.

As for the Garand, I was hoping they fixed that in the last patch. Hope it gets fixed this next patch.

Damn son, try using another gun (I kid, I've seen your stats).

AN is a bit OP compared to the other AR's. That's why I use it, though I'm trying to use the 416 more to get plat. They really should nerf the AN a bit.

This was from this AM, even got up in the middle of the game to take a leak. Shouldn't have, would have broken 100.

hehe I use other guns sometimes but when i get mad I switch to it and revenge.
way unbalanced round but very impressive score you had, wow with the leak :D

Jeez Louise, and I thought my pre-nerf 3,300 M60 kills was a lot.

I've really tried liking the AN-94 - can't get used to the burst fire (probably because I'm used to the LMGs characteristics)

well i'm trying to reach 10000 with it and platinum with AT Mines ;)
this is a video I took while playing with it (with x4 scope), sorry don't have a youtube account.
even with the recoil, the crosshair moves back to its original position. just aim and click click click.

Not sure if anyone has seen this but this guy sis the zen master of the AT4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2cFOx5NCWk

omg amazing :eek: I guess after like 6 months when more players are familiar with the tracer and CG flying heli's in this game will be impossible.

hehe I use other guns sometimes but when i get mad I switch to it and revenge.
way unbalanced round but very impressive score you had, wow with the leak :D

well i'm trying to reach 10000 with it and platinum with AT Mines ;)
this is a video I took while playing with it (with x4 scope), sorry don't have a youtube account.
even with the recoil, the crosshair moves back to its original position. just aim and click click click.

Once I'm done bronzing all my lesser weapons, I'm going to be putting more time into the AN-94. I'm surprised how accurate it is with the 4x scope from a distance. Didn't think you'd be able to take out those guys across the island so easily like that.

Once I'm done bronzing all my lesser weapons, I'm going to be putting more time into the AN-94. I'm surprised how accurate it is with the 4x scope from a distance. Didn't think you'd be able to take out those guys across the island so easily like that.

oh I wish I took other video’s about this :(, that’s why I love to use the x4 scope with it, I can take anyone from any distance so easily, sometimes I stand in the same sippers spots and take enemies across the map from ridiculous distance, even if I don’t see them, few shots at any red triangle will do the job.

and as shown in the video, the thing is amazing without right clicking (zoom) when shooting from close distance, every shot hits even without trying :D

The AN-94 I read will go back to the way it was. The damage increase will be gone.

how it used to be before the patch is ok for me, i’ve been doing the same even before it but if it had more nerf the fun will end :(

That reload trick really helps your efficiency on the battlefield. I'm guessing most people don't know about it.

As for the Garand, I was hoping they fixed that in the last patch. Hope it gets fixed this next patch.

Sounds like some reload exploits... they exist in a lot of games actually...

I stopped using them because they felt cheap, but some games it let you cut your reload time in half easily and people would be like WAT how did he reload so fast...

I know I used it in TF2, CStrike, and Planetside and some other games... but it usually involved quick-switching between weapons after you had started reloading...

Anyone else getting a lot of lag lately? Every server I connect to is giving me issues, I thought it was just stuff I had running in the background over the last few days but it's really being a swine even with it all switched off.

Yea I just find some servers lag like crazy... I just quit and find another one, eventually I find one that doesn't lag.

Yea I just find some servers lag like crazy... I just quit and find another one, eventually I find one that doesn't lag.

yeah, same here. Lately I've been staying away from the 32 player servers and going for the 24 player ones since they generally lag much less. Though I do find non laggy 32 players servers sometimes.

In general, if its got NFO in the title, I connect :)

yeah, same here. Lately I've been staying away from the 32 player servers and going for the 24 player ones since they generally lag much less. Though I do find non laggy 32 players servers sometimes.

In general, if its got NFO in the title, I connect :)

What does NFO stand for?

goldmine!

BC2Gold.jpg

Last edited:
Just got called a nub by a lvl50 after i CG'd him. I had like 5 health and he rounded the corner right by me and so i rocket the ground and kill us both.

If I got the CG, and you come right in my face, im killin us both. I rather get +50 then -10 for suicide then just get killed. it doesnt take away a kill for suicide so...expect it!

IIRC if you die in the process of getting points, you don't get any points. So no -kill, but you probably lose 10 points. :D

Or at least the points thing is supposed to be in next week's patch.

IIRC if you die in the process of getting points, you don't get any points. So no -kill, but you probably lose 10 points. :D

Or at least the points thing is supposed to be in next week's patch.

Really!? That would SUCK, especially if it's not a suicide kill. I've killed people at the same time they've killed me and gotten a laugh out of it.. no points or kill registers but death registry would suck.

Damn, semi-auto shotguns with slugs are pretty fun. The Saiga kills people dead.. fast.

Really!? That would SUCK, especially if it's not a suicide kill. I've killed people at the same time they've killed me and gotten a laugh out of it.. no points or kill registers but death registry would suck.

Damn, semi-auto shotguns with slugs are pretty fun. The Saiga kills people dead.. fast.

It seems to be inconsistent. I noticed that I don't always get points while I'm dead... but sometimes I do. I'm not sure what determines that. Really disappointing for stuff like death nades.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ6lm-51gfs

A video my buddy put together. Got a bit of everything from NS-2000 and M-93R streaks to sniping with a GOL and AT4. Check it out. :D

Good video & good runs but that video highlights why I play Hardcore mode. Couple times you had to shoot a guy a couple times with the slugs at close/medium range and a couple times you should have been dead yet kept killing.

Got a couple more roadkills with the UAV last night; man if I could map that successfully to my joystick I would get my wheels of hazard pins doing that. :(

Not sure of your point?

There's also a reason HC is called noob core.

A nice video either way.

noob core? normal mode is noob core. it takes half a clip to kill someone in normal mode. yea thats realistic aint it.

No one bitched and complained about one shot kills on css.

Not sure of your point?

There's also a reason HC is called noob core.

A nice video either way.

I posted the following in EA forums in regard to someone calling HC = Easy mode. It fit's here in regard to your statement.

Let's see in Normal mode you shoot someone several times in the torso, legs yet he can still bunny hop turn and launch his 40 mm/Gustav at you and you die. Or if he's medic (with health kit nearby and ceramic armor upgrade) he can spam his M60 with impunity. Yeah, that's really tough there.

I've played both and most times have a better KDR in Normal mode. I prefer HC because of several reasons:
1. Stuff dies when you shoot it several times. No bunny hopping, trying to exploit internet lag; you get careless and you die.
2. Requires more teamwork. You simply cannot win with everyone 'doing their own thing'.
3. I don't like having an orange triangle above my head for someone to fire blindly through trees/cover to kill me. If someone did spot me it should show on minimap only for a second and NOT mark me in actual battle.
4. A Hellfire missile landing next to you kills you or critically wounds you. No scurrying off for 5 seconds while the Angel of Bad Company 2 heals your wounds miraculously so you can continue your noobtubing orange triangles in the distance.
5. There may be more snipers in HC but there's also less bunnyhoppin dbags & squads of medics spamming the M60.

Hardcore = Realism
Normal/Softcore = Rambo VII: This Time It's Ridiculous!

Almost every server I play on now has medic squads raping everything. Something is wrong when the assault class isn't leading the charge but medics are. Actually got booted from a server last night when I switched to the Engineer and used the CG to kill off the medic squads. CG is for buildings and tanks the admin said. My reply was Medics are used for covering fire and healing not assaulting. Since he was one of the medics he kicked me.

Back