Bad Company 2

Clip, Magazine...Dan, you take the distinction pretty seriously don't you?

Hey, they called a Desert Eagle magazine a clip last night on How I Met Your Mother. Thought I'd let you know so you could continue the crusade on the HIMYM IMDB boards:)

Just messin' wit ya.

I forgot how good the 1911 was... I've been using other pistols to get gold-stars and picked someone elses kit up when I ran out of ammo in my other guns and he had a 1911... three guys came running up the stairs and all 3 were dead with 2 shots left in the.... clip..... one more ran up and I missed the first shot, hit the second so I knifed him and then proceeded to camp this building with my squadmates until we pushed through the rest of the town (Arica Harbor, 2nd stage while attacking).

Need to get gold on atleast the M9 and Burst (whatever that's called) before I go back...

why is it always the people who spam magnum ammo on the M60 complain about the tube? Complainers just make me want to 40mm them in the eye. Every class has it's cheap weapon or tactic, learn to deal with it.
I agree with you, but hope dice will release an update to tune some of the weapons a bit. A guy with the M60 on hardcore started complaining about the CG the other day, I think 8 of the 12 people on the team I was on all switched to engineer. It was pretty fun. Lowering the power of the m60, and reducing the splash damage on the CG would be a start though for weapons that could use a bit of adjustment. The CG on hardcore is pretty ridiculous.

the most WOW thing I have seen in the game was running in to defend/disable a cache.
I had a 40 selected when I ran in. A guy comes running around the crate and I hit him square in the chest without thinking what weapon I had. He doubled over and flew across the room. Hit a crate and slammed into the floor. Was he dead DAMN

I think I was more shocked than he was.

second best was when we had a helo on the pad and me sniping looking into the pilot side window that is open. Enemy runs in and sits down....HS....I was about 40 yds away...I got 4 more before they figured it out..
GREAT FUN

anyone trying to do the bronze stars with all weapons? Its kinda neat I have been using guns I dont nomally use.

like the f2000. it fires waaaay to fast and hits for nothing. CQB is pretty solid as you just drop people but still not great.

the aug which i had never used prior is pretty awesome. I might like it better then the 416. it hits really hard.

the sv 98 is crap, it cant even 1 shot on hardcore, I have to use mag ammo. also the scope is crappy.

Did this and for now it's a waste as the M1 is borked and you can't get any point/kills with it so no 10,000 award for all Bronze. They really need to fix this.

After an 8 hour session last night (yeah, I've got issues :eek:) I have to unplug for several days. Kept playing because I wanted my 500 vehicles destroyed Acheivement pin and my 100 C4 Kill Acheivement pin. Got em both and man did it feel good.

I'm getting too frustrated with the different modes of this game. I play Normal mode for awhile, get pissed because you HAVE to use magnum ammo and even then people shake off getting hit 4-5 times with M16, hop around and 40mm/Gustav/M60/snipe me. BTW, I'm not complaining about what they use only if you get shot 4-5 times you should just die.

So then I switch to HC, taking a round to adjust and go to work only to find that everytime I break cover, I get sniped. Some maps are worse than others and it depends a lot on your team/squad. I don't understand on some maps why OUR snipers don't mortar the shit out of the cover the enemy is using. Take down every fucking tree near their spawn with tanks, mortars, 40mm or CG. How fucking hard is that?

i have officially switched to hardcore mode. I really hate normal mode when im using normal weapons and other people are using 1 shot kill weapons. You round a corner, start shooting someone and boom, 40mm. In HC mode, everything is a lot more even.

After an 8 hour session last night (yeah, I've got issues :eek:) I have to unplug for several days. Kept playing because I wanted my 500 vehicles destroyed Acheivement pin and my 100 C4 Kill Acheivement pin. Got em both and man did it feel good.

I'm getting too frustrated with the different modes of this game. I play Normal mode for awhile, get pissed because you HAVE to use magnum ammo and even then people shake off getting hit 4-5 times with M16, hop around and 40mm/Gustav/M60/snipe me. BTW, I'm not complaining about what they use only if you get shot 4-5 times you should just die.

So then I switch to HC, taking a round to adjust and go to work only to find that everytime I break cover, I get sniped. Some maps are worse than others and it depends a lot on your team/squad. I don't understand on some maps why OUR snipers don't mortar the shit out of the cover the enemy is using. Take down every fucking tree near their spawn with tanks, mortars, 40mm or CG. How fucking hard is that?

Heh, I think I might need a break from this game too. Ever since I got platinum on my thompson, 1911, and c4; I haven't been able to find a new set of weapons I enjoy using. I spent all night yesterday just hopping from class to class trying to find something fun to play but nothing stuck. I even jumped into a few hardcore games but meh. Need new toys :mad:.

I really wish they'd fix the zoom sensitivity on sniper scopes, my aim is completely off when I have to rapidly switch between pistols and pulling off quick scopes. I've always been an extremely low sensitivity player so I'm whiffing bad trying to snipe in this game lol. My friend who's always been a high sensitivity sniper has no problems sniping in this game cause he's the type of sniper that aims by letting people run into his crosshairs and makes minor adjustments by strafing left and right. I'm more of a twitch and snap shot type shooter so this zoom sensitivity is messing with my head.

I simply go around the edges of the map where they can't really see me approach. I get to where the snipers are, (and they are always in the same places) and I take them all out which buys our side some time free of sniper cover as they'll have to get back into position. In some cases this forces them into buildings where we can clear them out more easily. This allows for us to push them back assuming we've got half assed decent team work going on.

I personally only have a problem with the CG. I think the M60 would be fine if there were other medic weapons that provided a good alternative. I don't really know what you could do to nerf the 40MM grenade since the blast radius is really small already, you only carry 2 as standard, and if you want more you have to sacrifice your optic. Maybe you could reduce it to one grenade, but then people would just sit on the ammo boxes.

I personally only have a problem with the CG. I think the M60 would be fine if there were other medic weapons that provided a good alternative. I don't really know what you could do to nerf the 40MM grenade since the blast radius is really small already, you only carry 2 as standard, and if you want more you have to sacrifice your optic. Maybe you could reduce it to one grenade, but then people would just sit on the ammo boxes.

They can just make the refill timer from the ammo box longer for the 40mm grenade. Other medic weapons are actually pretty damn good relative to assault rifles / smgs... the M60 is just the best of all the good weapons which makes it retarded.

They can just make the refill timer from the ammo box longer for the 40mm grenade. Other medic weapons are actually pretty damn good relative to assault rifles / smgs... the M60 is just the best of all the good weapons which makes it retarded.

I haven't unlocked the M60 yet so I can't compare them all, but I really hate the medic weapons.

The MG36 is an excellent alternative to the M60, probably be the new "it" weapon for medics if they ever nerf the M60. Range, accuracy, and damage on it are outstanding but I don't like how far away I seem to be when sighting the thing. Looks like a red dot but your character feels like he's looking through it from three arm's length back.

If you can get used to the blinding muzzle flash of the M249 SAW this is an uber weapon. I personally find the medic class really boring but I was grinding out the 500/500 light machine gun achievement and I slapped a red dot on the M249 SAW and had a 10:1 KDR for the last 200 kills I needed. Decent damage, good accuracy, great recoil control, and 200 rounds. This is a totally underrated gun and is probably the best for medics who like to rush in and mow everything down. The MG36 is still the better sniping LMG but that's boring.

One nerf I think they can implement to the CG and the 40mm is drastically cutting down the accuracy of both these weapons when jumping. People know the hit registry sucks in this game and they take advantage of this big time when using the CG/40mm by doing jump shots. If you simply nerf the accuracy of these two weapons when jumping this will already go a long way towards balance.

my complaint is all the bushes, trees, rocks, hills, and houses that people hide behind. After they are through nerfing the weapons they really need to solve this problem. My suggestion would be that they remove them all so that the game is played on a flat map with no concealment.

my complaint is all the bushes, trees, rocks, hills, and houses that people hide behind. After they are through nerfing the weapons they really need to solve this problem. My suggestion would be that they remove them all so that the game is played on a flat map with no concealment.

That's a ridiculous suggestion, but I do feel you on that to a degree. They should just release a few new really open desert maps or better yet, release an SDK and let the community come up with new maps and mods to suit our own preferences. Don't think that last one is in the cards though unfortunately. :mad:

That's a ridiculous suggestion, but I do feel you on that to a degree. They should just release a few new really open desert maps or better yet, release an SDK and let the community come up with new maps and mods to suit our own preferences. Don't think that last one is in the cards though unfortunately. :mad:

Could you imagine the replayability if they released an SDK? ENDLESS fun!

Totally dude :p

Using the 40mm grenade is bad enough... Using the 40mm grenade POINT BLANK should be punishable by death.

Could you imagine the replayability if they released an SDK? ENDLESS fun!
Or if they allowed the the server admins to disable certain weapons? If there was a server with no 40mm or CG, I would never stop playing... seriously, fuck grad school and pulse-width modulation.

Using the 40mm grenade is bad enough... Using the 40mm grenade POINT BLANK should be punishable by death.

The worst offenders are the ones that walk around the map with the 40mm already primed like it's their primary weapon and bullets are back-up lol. I've even run across assault players that missed me with their first two 40mm and then pulled out their pistol right after completely forgetting they have an M16 in their hands :eek:.

ummm.. doesnt the 40mm not explode at point blank? I thought it had to fly like 10 feet before it explodes.

To fix all the issues with the guns, my suggestions would be:
Keep the damage in the CG and 40mm as they are, but reduce the number of rockets, increase the resupply timer, and make it so that assault class is only reloaded at half the normal speed if it's their own ammo box. Those guns should be that powerful. They just shouldn't be the main gun these classes turn to because of all the ammo they have.

With regards to the m60, either greatly increase it's recoil or make it unusable with the acog.

I am totally bored of this game now. I unlocked most of the unlocks for Assault and Recon and I have no interest in playing anymore.

Is it just me? I'm just fatigued with it at Lv. 17. There's nothing really fun to do. The maps are all getting tiresome and repetitive. It's always the same gameplay. Near the end, I really only had fun when the games turned super lopsided and we ended up trapping the other team in their spawn...if only for the difference in gameplay that offered over the usual stuff that I was bored of.

To fix all the issues with the guns, my suggestions would be:
Keep the damage in the CG and 40mm as they are, but reduce the number of rockets, increase the resupply timer, and make it so that assault class is only reloaded at half the normal speed if it's their own ammo box. Those guns should be that powerful. They just shouldn't be the main gun these classes turn to because of all the ammo they have.

With regards to the m60, either greatly increase it's recoil or make it unusable with the acog.

I don't even use any extra sights when I use m60. I turn on speed boost and extra armor and just go with the stock sights. It still owns way too much without the red dot.

Recoil would definitely hurt this problem. As it is now, you can pretty much semi-rapid snipe people when your teammates have spotted them out. The red dot makes it WAY too easy to spot them out (even behind barriers for a few seconds) and take them out.

I think the tracer dart speed should be increased or have it available as a perk for some classes and not a pistol replacement.

Right now it flies at the same speed as the CG, but it as no drop (so there is some advantage).

I think the tracer dart speed should be increased or have it available as a perk for some classes and not a pistol replacement.

Right now it flies at the same speed as the CG, but it as no drop (so there is some advantage).

ok total engineer n00b question here, what does the tracer dart do anyway?

Think of it as a tracking device. Shoot a vehicle or even an enemy soldier, and the minimap of your entire team can persistently track the enemy's movement.

And you don't have to be an engineer to fire a tracer dart. Any class can equip this gun.

If you get it on a target then you or anyone else on your team can "lock on" to it with the RPG or CG. To do this you'll aim at the little orange square until it becomes a solid square with the distance in meters showing up in the middle. At that point you can fire your rocket and it will track to the target.

Speaking of noob questions, can someone explain the Recon motion mines?

They help with tracking enemies on the mini-map, though only last for a set amount of time and only track within a relatively small radius.

Speaking of noob questions, can someone explain the Recon motion mines?

It's a motion detector. So if you've got a group of enemies in front of you but they are not moving because they are motionless, it won't "blip" the radar. If they're moving around, their locations will be shown on the mini-map for everyone. If your squadmates kill any of these enemies, you'll get extra bonus points.

It's a motion detector. So if you've got a group of enemies in front of you but they are not moving because they are motionless, it won't "blip" the radar. If they're moving around, their locations will be shown on the mini-map for everyone. If your squadmates kill any of these enemies, you'll get extra bonus points.

They beep when there's someone moving near it too.

you still get points for them in hardcore so throw them where enemies are. also if someone presses M they will see them

Back