Bad Company 2

still geting moron assualt and medic people that dont drop kits. Sitting right beside assualt guy, i start spamming Q, as I have no ammo and he just runs off and dies as I am down to my pistol...

i need to start TKin these people and taking thier kit :/

It could be a low level person. Those classes don't start with their kits.

What pisses me off is when I take a Humvee or a helicopter that someone else wanted and the team kill me just so they can have it. I taught the last guy to do that a very clear lesson about that. I'd spawn on him, and take his ass out any chance I got. That guy just killed me for a seat on the helicopter. Not even to fly it. Everyone else on the server was bitching about his team killing, so I felt like I was doing the right thing. :D

When laid correctly the mines can be ridiculously effective. I was playing Arica harbor a few days ago and I watched as 3 tanks ran over mines, one after another. They see their buddy get blown up on the main road and go on the side only to get blown up themselves. :D

I don't know that many players recognize the power of AT mines. They aren't as sexy as the Carl Gustav, but they are persistent. After you are killed your placed mines remain. Last night I got points near the end of a round for mines I had laid at the beginning. Laid near the obvious choke points they are deadly. I especially love the splash damage. Works great when you have a pesky tank with an engineer in trail for repairs.

They're good for taking out mcom's too... because they stay after you die and you can shoot them to blow them up... drop 6 mines around the mcom, shoot one, all of them blow up, dead mcom :D

Although it might have been damaged and I forget how many I dropped but I did kill it pretty quickly. And somehow got an infantry with one... must have been standing next to it when he shot it, or shot a nade at the ground... somethin... but I love getting those kills like 5 minutes after you placed one..

I usually place mines, then switch to Gustav.. I also hate when I don't realize I grabbed a tracer, and start spraying at an enemy thinking "I'll just finish him off with my pistol" then switch to one, click once and hear the "kawoosh" sound that it makes and see the red stream and go OH SHIT. I did that to an enemy medic but he was running away, managed to reload my SMG and shoot him in the back 1 more time to kill him just as he was turning the corner of a building.

AT mines are great. I play engi all the time and wow do they serve their purpose on Defense! They in effect stop the advance of armor. They are almost better when the tank realizes they are there and can't advance. On Port Valdez I mine both main roads it is always funny how many people don't realize this and get blown to kingdom come!!! It's really important on that map becuase if that Tank gets down their early with a competent driver and team you might as well fall back as soon as you see it. Also I mine the crap out of any retreat. When we loose both mcom's it's over I don't mop up I hustle back to defend the next position and mine any path that vehicles may take.

AT mines are great. I play engi all the time and wow do they serve their purpose on Defense! They in effect stop the advance of armor. They are almost better when the tank realizes they are there and can't advance. On Port Valdez I mine both main roads it is always funny how many people don't realize this and get blown to kingdom come!!! It's really important on that map becuase if that Tank gets down their early with a competent driver and team you might as well fall back as soon as you see it. Also I mine the crap out of any retreat. When we loose both mcom's it's over I don't mop up I hustle back to defend the next position and mine any path that vehicles may take.

I'm surprised how little people do this. I get so many free multiple kills this way.

They're good for taking out mcom's too... because they stay after you die and you can shoot them to blow them up... drop 6 mines around the mcom, shoot one, all of them blow up, dead mcom :D

Although it might have been damaged and I forget how many I dropped but I did kill it pretty quickly. And somehow got an infantry with one... must have been standing next to it when he shot it, or shot a nade at the ground... somethin... but I love getting those kills like 5 minutes after you placed one..

I usually place mines, then switch to Gustav.. I also hate when I don't realize I grabbed a tracer, and start spraying at an enemy thinking "I'll just finish him off with my pistol" then switch to one, click once and hear the "kawoosh" sound that it makes and see the red stream and go OH SHIT. I did that to an enemy medic but he was running away, managed to reload my SMG and shoot him in the back 1 more time to kill him just as he was turning the corner of a building.

They should have just made the tracer a 5th item. I've done what you described more often than I should. And I don't even notice until I've fired a shot, which is why my tracer shot% is probably much lower than it should be for firing at tanks.

I didn't know you could shoot your AT mines to make them explode. Does this work only in friendly fire servers?

I just unlocked the 12 gauge shotgun rounds and wow, they're so fun with an M870 on a HC server. I'm surprised I haven't seen more people using them on HC servers. 1 shot kills anywhere from short to a pretty long range. My KDR is normally around 1, but the past few rounds I've been using the 12 gauge and its been more like 1.5 KDR.

any one gaming bc2 i dx11? im still on xp and debating to just get windows 7 but and keep my 4870 or sell my 4870 get windows 7 and a 5770 for dx11. is there any difference with bc2 goin from dx9 to dx10, or dx9 to dx11??

any one gaming bc2 i dx11? im still on xp and debating to just get windows 7 but and keep my 4870 or sell my 4870 get windows 7 and a 5770 for dx11. is there any difference with bc2 goin from dx9 to dx10, or dx9 to dx11??

Dont have Dx11, but going from Dx9 to Dx10 on a 4870 basically equals slightly nicer shadows, load times which are about 5 times longer (no I'm not exaggerating, load time on ATI in Dx10 are pathetically long) and almost half the framerate.

Yes. Big graphical difference from dx9 to dx11. Noticeable difference from 10 to 11. Also, expect 40 second map load times on 11 versus less than 20 seconds on 9.

For some strange reason, I actually get higher fps on dx11 than I do on 9 or 10 with the same settings. Maybe it has to do with the cpu bottleneck. I'm planning on switching over to a quad core later today.

What pisses me off is when I take a Humvee or a helicopter that someone else wanted and the team kill me just so they can have it. I taught the last guy to do that a very clear lesson about that. I'd spawn on him, and take his ass out any chance I got. That guy just killed me for a seat on the helicopter. Not even to fly it. Everyone else on the server was bitching about his team killing, so I felt like I was doing the right thing. :D

I had that happen but with the chopper.

I was sitting there with my buddy waiting for the chopper after the noobs before us had blown it up, were alone on the helipad. Im a solid pilot and he is a solid gunner and we are both on voice chat.

anyway the 2 nubs that got blown up come back and tk me and take off in the chopper and die instantly. map continues and ends about 3-4 mins later after some mild revenge tking.

map change. I switch to sniper and forget about it. I get then tk'd by the same moron that couldnt fly worth a damn. So screw this. I kill him and his buddy (both same tag) take his buddies medic kit and proceed to kill/rez him for the rest of the match. I probably killed him 30 times and he couldnt get away. that guy was so pissed because he couldnt reload and if he did i would swtich to his assualt kit, givemyself ammo/reload and drain his guns and switch back to my m60.

anyway we lost that match and we left the server after that but yeah... that was pretty amusing and a warning to anyone that starts to pull this shit

if you don't mind the load times, dx11 is fantastic. the game's very sexy. i run under dx11 at 1280x1024 (crappy monitor, sigh) with everything maxed.

specs of rig are in sig.

hmm yeah my frames right now are good 60 fps drop to high 40's in fire fights. so if i get windows 7 and run it in dx10 my frames will drop pretty low? i really just want Antiailsing, will that destroy my e8400 and 4870? should i juss stay with dx9 then?

I havent noticed nearly as big of a framerate it when going from 9 to 10, got everything maxed, 2xAA and 4xAF, 1600x900 res, everything stays above forty. And god damn do I love SSD's it takes MAYBE 10 seconds to load a map

I havent noticed nearly as big of a framerate it when going from 9 to 10, got everything maxed, 2xAA and 4xAF, 1600x900 res, everything stays above forty. And god damn do I love SSD's it takes MAYBE 10 seconds to load a map

I think its just ATI cards that have the load time problems. I've heard of ATI users with SSDs that still have long load times. Something about shaders having to be recompiled or some junk.

I was sitting there with my buddy waiting for the chopper after the noobs before us had blown it up, were alone on the helipad. Im a solid pilot and he is a solid gunner and we are both on voice chat.

anyway the 2 nubs that got blown up come back and tk me and take off in the chopper and die instantly. map continues and ends about 3-4 mins later after some mild revenge tking.

map change. I switch to sniper and forget about it. I get then tk'd by the same moron that couldnt fly worth a damn. So screw this. I kill him and his buddy (both same tag) take his buddies medic kit and proceed to kill/rez him for the rest of the match. I probably killed him 30 times and he couldnt get away. that guy was so pissed because he couldnt reload and if he did i would swtich to his assualt kit, givemyself ammo/reload and drain his guns and switch back to my m60.

anyway we lost that match and we left the server after that but yeah... that was pretty amusing and a warning to anyone that starts to pull this shit

Nice. That's the way to do it.

Honestly? I don't notice any difference in visual quality playing on 1920x1200 with DX11 and High Settings versus 1920x1200 with DX9 and Medium Settings. I play pretty aggressively and there's just no time to sit around and try to find visual disparities between the modes.

I won my first Ace pin last night. Played as an engineer, I thought you would be proud.

Very nice! :D I think you'll eventually grow to like engies more than assault too. No more helplessness when you run into armor.

For some strange reason, I actually get higher fps on dx11 than I do on 9 or 10 with the same settings. Maybe it has to do with the cpu bottleneck. I'm planning on switching over to a quad core later today.

I read a site that ran benchmarks for BC2 using a bunch of video cards and settings. One configuration jumped out at me since it used the same video card and resolution I play on. They found that running the game at 1920x1200 with an HD5870 on High settings yielded MORE fps than running it on Medium. I don't remember the DirectX version they used however.

Very nice! :D I think you'll eventually grow to like engies more than assault too. No more helplessness when you run into armor.

Well the odd thing was that I didn't kill a single peice of armor even though it was Atacama desert and the only kill I had with a rocket launcher was a sniper at point blank range. 90% of the kills were all SCAR-L, and then I would run out of ammo because there were no assault classes. Also most of the time I feel like a bullet magnet, last night it was like I was getting ignored while I just rang up the kills.

Also whats better magnum ammo or ceramic plates?

Well the odd thing was that I didn't kill a single peice of armor even though it was Atacama desert and the only kill I had with a rocket launcher was a sniper at point blank range. 90% of the kills were all SCAR-L, and then I would run out of ammo because there were no assault classes.

Hah damn, maybe try the ammo+ spec?

Well the odd thing was that I didn't kill a single peice of armor even though it was Atacama desert and the only kill I had with a rocket launcher was a sniper at point blank range. 90% of the kills were all SCAR-L, and then I would run out of ammo because there were no assault classes. Also most of the time I feel like a bullet magnet, last night it was like I was getting ignored while I just rang up the kills.

atm i have been really liking assualt with the 416. i have 2 buddies I play with alot and when we all play together it is 1med/assualt/engi and we all do w/e we want but we fill in roles. its best to have a small squad that work together.

but I love the hard hitting assualt class with noob tube door openers. the quick reload and unlimited ammo is nothing to snuff at

So screw this. I kill him and his buddy (both same tag) take his buddies medic kit and proceed to kill/rez him for the rest of the match. I probably killed him 30 times and he couldnt get away. that guy was so pissed because he couldnt reload and if he did i would swtich to his assualt kit, givemyself ammo/reload and drain his guns and switch back to my m60.

Loooooooool :)

atm i have been really liking assualt with the 416. i have 2 buddies I play with alot and when we all play together it is 1med/assualt/engi and we all do w/e we want but we fill in roles. its best to have a small squad that work together.

but I love the hard hitting assualt class with noob tube door openers. the quick reload and unlimited ammo is nothing to snuff at

Assault is possibly my favourite class. I find the assault rifles much more controllable than light machine guns. So even though the LMGs may have more theoretical damage per second, with an assault rifle I'm actually getting far more hits on target and more headshots which = quicker kills.

*snip*

I HATE that kinda shit! It would be cool if they could implement some sort of queue system for the vehicles so you'd be guaranteed to get some seat time without having to sit around at the base waiting and fighting your team for position the whole time.

magnum ammo for sure.. body armor upgrade only allows you to get hit 1 or 2 times more then if you didnt have it with sub machine guns.. not a big difference.. your still a 2 shot kill from a m95 and most other sniper rifles..

Personally I prefer assault myself. Specifically the M16A2, with a 4x its good at long range, the 40MM can sure extricate people from cover and its darn accurate. But I'm not that good in general.

Assault is possibly my favourite class. I find the assault rifles much more controllable than light machine guns. So even though the LMGs may have more theoretical damage per second, with an assault rifle I'm actually getting far more hits on target and more headshots which = quicker kills.

Whats weird is that it seems like LMGs stabilize with sustained fire while ARs seem to work best with burst fire.

That's retarded. The M95 should always kill in one hit.

it does on headshots in standard mode.. in hardcore mode its a single shot kill on any part of your body.. its a 2 shot kill if you hit center mass in standard mode..

From a balance perspective, I prefer not having any sniper rifles that will consistently kill in one hit at long range. Its the one thing I dont like about hardcore, the snipers become too powerful.

With 1 shot kills anyone with a bit of skill can rack up a massive KDR. I'm aware that they might not influence the battle as much as someone who has half the KDR but is actually in the thick of it, but I still dont think it should be that easy to snipe.

this is why i play nothing but hardcore. its just better, and even with normal guns on normal mode it feels like people just dont die.

in hardcore people go down when you shoot them and its much more enjoyable.

this is why i play nothing but hardcore. its just better, and even with normal guns on normal mode it feels like people just dont die.

in hardcore people go down when you shoot them and its much more enjoyable.

I envy your patience.

It's tricky to balance...

If it always killed in one hit then it'd be the most overpowered sniper rifle. Aiming for that headshot vs. aiming for a body shot is like night and day. I really like sniping the way it is (non hardcore).

However, the M95 packs a huge punch with magnum ammo and NEARLY 1 shots at full range (they made it 79 instead of 80 for a reason)... and the damage drop is the *best* of all sniper rifles. At mediumish range it will actually 1 shot from a body shot.

I still prefer the Gol due to it being faster in between shots and overall better accuracy at very long range.

Back