Bad Company 2

anyone else getting raped by the auto-shotgun from long distance? last night i kept getting killed by it and the guy was really far away. am i missing something?

the sabot rounds make any shotgun a sniper rifle. i love out-sniping recon's using this method. my personal favorite shotgut to use is the USAS12, but the NeoStead 2000 is equally as fun :D

I forget the name of it, but are you talking about the one that is double barreled, has 4 rounds chambered at a time, and looks like one ugly ass piece of shit? If so, I tried playing with that thing a few times after seeing some ridiculous youtube footage of it taking down a Blackhawk and also killing someone from like a mile away. I used both kinds of ammo in it though and neither one seemed like it was worth a piss... don't know what I'm missing either...

that's the NeoStead 2000. it's amazingly powerful when used with sabot rounds.

Just spent 45 min on EA chat to get my M1. For whatever reason the Veteran status wasn't adding my old battlefield games. Fixed now though and from what I hear I wasted 45 min cause the rifle sucks.

i agree, the Garand is worthless. i only use it when i'm bored and looking for a change of pace.

What's the "best" way to destroy M-Com stations anyway? I know sometimes it's to just topple the building if there is one. Any 1337 tips on how to make that happen as fast as possible though? How about using mines or just shooting it with BIG guns (tank/bradley)/rockets/grenades? Do you have to get direct hits on the crate itself with that method?

run up to it and hold "E" :p. like Dan_D said, setting the charge and defending is the most effective way.

from the looks of it: http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

It's a slightly worse M14 ?

That would make sense since they are almost the same gun.

Dont under estimate the L85, the L85 is a great weapon, its had its problems, granted, but what rifle hasnt ? the fal, I like it, its a heavy hitter since its 7.62, but I would rather have a SA80 in todays games than the fal, simply because most games are fighting in buildings and tight areas and somehow I dont see the fal being all that great at being used in confined spaces.

Its perfect for distance shooting, like say in arma2 etc, but for the likes of cod and bf type games, I would prefer the SA80.

Oh, and I am british ;)

Would have never guessed you were from the UK from your name. Every gun does have a bit of a teething period for sure. What I quoted was an article from one of my most recent Guns and Ammo mags. They were mainly referring to the fact that the L85 much like the AR15 platform while very well suited for infantry combat under 300 yards definitely lacks the long range punch of a 7.62x51mm rifle. As a result the British military was looking to procure old FALs to fill that role from armories. The American army is doing the same thing with old M14s.

As a personal point of preference I would prefer a compact carbine myself as opposed to a full length battle rifle myself. However I rarely find that games adequately capture the weight and inertia of moving a rifle around in close quarters.

The fastest way to do it is to set the charge and protect it until it goes off. You just need good team work to pull that off quickly. (Which, despite the game's design, is difficult to find.)

Exactly. Which is why I guess I should've asked the question without "setting the charge" as an option. I never seem to be on a team that can work together well enough to protect it until it goes off... hence the interest in alternative methods. I don't mind charging in and sacrificing myself to get the plant, but when I do it 5 times in a row only to have most of my team sniping from our spawn, it get's a little old...

What's the "best" way to destroy M-Com stations anyway? I know sometimes it's to just topple the building if there is one. Any 1337 tips on how to make that happen as fast as possible though? How about using mines or just shooting it with BIG guns (tank/bradley)/rockets/grenades? Do you have to get direct hits on the crate itself with that method?

Aside from the obvious "arm and guard" tactic, if your game has reached a stalemate, have a team of engineers equipped with rocket launchers (the Gustav works great for it's speed) and the explosives upgrade bomb down the M-COM with direct hits. You will get a damage indicator and the occasional Objective Damage +## if you're successful. Throw in concentrated Recon artillery strikes and this tactic is terrifyingly efficient assuming you have line of sight on the M-COM which in most cases you do.

If you ever see anyone doing this, make sure to keep the resupplied if you're Assault! Conversely, if you see the enemy doing this, keeping a wall of smoke up will work wonders as well.

Exactly. Which is why I guess I should've asked the question without "setting the charge" as an option. I never seem to be on a team that can work together well enough to protect it until it goes off... hence the interest in alternative methods. I don't mind charging in and sacrificing myself to get the plant, but when I do it 5 times in a row only to have most of my team sniping from our spawn, it get's a little old...

Some people may call this cheap, I've been told this, but it can be difficult to do. Go with one or two friends as Recon or Assault with C4 and extended explosives so you get six of them (Assault gets C4 when you use anything without a noob tube as a main gun) and sneak up to the M-Com. Have one guy plant all of his, run away, have the next guy do his, run away, and then do yours. Then detonate into a smooth lather. If one of you die, just throw a nade in and it will blow up the C4 as a desperate measure. If there are no enemies around, make sure you run far enough away from the blast or you will suicide/teamkill.

That's the way I sometimes do it, with 2-3 plantings of C4 you should be able to destroy it. Never do this alone. With two people, you may have to take a couple trips, or have an Assault replenish you if you can get cover and stay alive long enough.

anyone else getting raped by the auto-shotgun from long distance? last night i kept getting killed by it and the guy was really far away. am i missing something?

a shotgun with slug ammo is basically a scopeless sniper rifle.

use the increased shotgun damage add-on to gain back some of the damage loss from using the slug ammo.

If you aim high with the spas12 or the NS2000, its a 1 shot kill from any distance. I've never had to shoot someone more than twice with one of those two. I prefer the spas12 because in a pinch, you can interrupt the reloading to shoot silnce you load individual shells instead of a loading a clip with the NS2000

Just spent 45 min on EA chat to get my M1. For whatever reason the Veteran status wasn't adding my old battlefield games. Fixed now though and from what I hear I wasted 45 min cause the rifle sucks.

It seems like the M1 sucks because it took you so long to get it. I had it from the moment I first loaded the game (because I had already registered as a veteran when BC1 came out with its "Find All Five" promotion).

Early on the M1 Garand is very useful. Its really strong and probably the most accurate gun in the game when using just iron sights*. You can use it with any kit, so it gives an early boost in offensive strength. When you get used to using it, you can drop enemies in 2 - 3 shots no problem. being semi auto with 8 shots and not quite being able to shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger----its not a great panic gun. The M1 Garand stopped being useful for me somewhere around rank 13 or so. Basically once you have scopes for a couple of kits and bullet/damage upgrades, the Garand becomes irrelevant.

note* I play on PS3.

The 1911 needs a range tweak, leave the damge and firing rate alone. They should just change it so it isn't so accurate at medium range and farther. Its a pistol, man. Shooting at something 20 yards away while strafing shouldn't be so easy.

Last edited:
I'd certainly be agreeable to range adjustments on the 1911 but leave the power levels alone. Its one of the only weapons that isn't disappointing when it comes to firepower. The damn XM8 sucks balls. The starting AK isn't any better. You can empty 20+ rounds into someone at close range just for them to run up and knife you. Yeah, that's nice. :rolleyes:

re: Shotgun snipers
12G Slug perk and Magnum ammo perk make the shotguns sniper rifles. I did read somewhere though that the range was supposed to be reduced, so that should fix the problem.

re: destroying M-COM
I really hope they eventually do something about how easy it is to destroy the M-COM stations with vehicles / C4 / mortar strikes. Any M-COM in a building that CAN be collapsed WILL be collapsed like 99% of the time, most often from far enough away that the defending team really can't do anything about it (except the C4, of course). In my opinion, it is a bullshit tactic, and it needs to be nerfed. In reality, so many people rely on it, the chances of that happening are somewhere between nil and none. This is probably the single most annoying aspect of an otherwise great game.

I'd certainly be agreeable to range adjustments on the 1911 but leave the power levels alone. Its one of the only weapons that isn't disappointing when it comes to firepower. The damn XM8 sucks balls. The starting AK isn't any better. You can empty 20+ rounds into someone at close range just for them to run up and knife you. Yeah, that's nice. :rolleyes:

XM8 = burst fire, otherwise you waste a ton of bullets. When I use it, it is always with the red-dot. A good 5 bullets in the upper body or a pair in the face works fine. Fired from the hip or at 100+ yards, it is really not effective.

I just have had a very strange game. There were 2 enemy guys apparently playing together. One was medic and another was engy. So, they killed me and someone immediatelly revived me. I looked around , could not find any medics and suddenly was killed again. then I was immediatelly revived again. This time I noticed it was enemy medic reviving me. Is it even possible?!?!?!?!?!?!? So, they were playing this cat and mice game til I was fast enought and knifed one of the guys. Still, I was again killed by other guy.

So, tell me what does it all mean? Enemy medic can revive opposite team players? why did they constantly revive + kill me? Sounds like some kind of hack+stats padding.

So, tell me what does it all mean? Enemy medic can revive opposite team players? why did they constantly revive + kill me? Sounds like some kind of hack+stats padding.

Might be a PC thing, I know you can't revive enemy players on console. I know because I'm constantly zapping the wrong body when reviving people in a pile.

Might be a PC thing, I know you can't revive enemy players on console. I know because I'm constantly zapping the wrong body when reviving people in a pile.

You can't revive enemy on PC either. At least I was not able to.

I know because I'm constantly zapping the wrong body when reviving people in a pile.

same thing here, on PC. i'm always trying to revive enemies in my haste to get in and get out of dangerous areas.

Defiantly doesnt happen on pc..

I run up to enemies that i shot while being a medic and try to revive them, (just to kinda rub it in), but it does not revive them..

I just have had a very strange game. There were 2 enemy guys apparently playing together. One was medic and another was engy. So, they killed me and someone immediatelly revived me. I looked around , could not find any medics and suddenly was killed again. then I was immediatelly revived again. This time I noticed it was enemy medic reviving me. Is it even possible?!?!?!?!?!?!? So, they were playing this cat and mice game til I was fast enought and knifed one of the guys. Still, I was again killed by other guy.

if FF is on, 1 shock from the defib will kill you instantly.

you can shock a teammate (killing them) then shock again to revive them... over and over.

I thought you could rez enemies on HC servers? I wouldn't know, I don't really play much on HC servers.

Used the Neostead 2000 (NS2000) tonight with the slug ammo and magnum upgrade. Man that is sick fun using it, especially if you get in among the enemy or better yet behind them. Ended up getting a nemesis pin because some snipemonkey wouldn't stop coming after me. He finally fragged me with a nade.

Still had several 'that guy should have died' encounters where you shoot the guy point blank with this beast and he doesn't die. The player in question then pulls out his pistol and gives you a nice third eye in the middle of your forehead. I don't believe they've cleared out all of the hacks yet.

Used the Neostead 2000 (NS2000) tonight with the slug ammo and magnum upgrade. Man that is sick fun using it, especially if you get in among the enemy or better yet behind them. Ended up getting a nemesis pin because some snipemonkey wouldn't stop coming after me. He finally fragged me with a nade.

Still had several 'that guy should have died' encounters where you shoot the guy point blank with this beast and he doesn't die. The player in question then pulls out his pistol and gives you a nice third eye in the middle of your forehead. I don't believe they've cleared out all of the hacks yet.

That reminds me. I've been busy as hell lately but managed to get one round of BF2 in last night. I wasn't having a very good match and to top it all off I went after this one bastard. I emptied my XM8 into the guy and he was still alive. He started running away, so I hit him with the 1911. After almost a full mag of that he was STILL ALIVE. I started to reload, and it looked like he was doing the same, so I knifed him twice. Fucker was STILL alive! Finally someone on the other team sniped me with a shotgun from what seemed like across the map and the round ended shortly after. :mad: There have been a few times over the years in multiplayer games online where I was almost positive someone was cheating. This is one of the few times where I am 100% CERTAIN of it. Probably the only other time I was 100% sure was in CoD4MW when some asshole had unlimited helicopter gunships that he could call in. I racked up the points there. I grabbed an RPG and stood over near where they'd always pass over head and hover for just a second. I'd shoot the Hind in the belly, destroy it, then wait for the next one.

That reminds me. I've been busy as hell lately but managed to get one round of BF2 in last night. I wasn't having a very good match and to top it all off I went after this one bastard. I emptied my XM8 into the guy and he was still alive. He started running away, so I hit him with the 1911. After almost a full mag of that he was STILL ALIVE. I started to reload, and it looked like he was doing the same, so I knifed him twice. Fucker was STILL alive! Finally someone on the other team sniped me with a shotgun from what seemed like across the map and the round ended shortly after. :mad: There have been a few times over the years in multiplayer games online where I was almost positive someone was cheating. This is one of the few times where I am 100% CERTAIN of it.

There was a few times tonight that were freaky. Saw a sniper disappear right in front of me. It wasn't a lag movement moment; the guy just disappeared. No corpse, no kit laying there; just gone.

As I said, a couple guys shook off a point blank blast with the NS2000. Some guys the only way they seem to die is by a 40mm nade or Gustav round.

I was playing 1v1 once and tried the gun out. used it with slugs but couldn't hit the guy at almost point blank range. not a fan of it. Seems to be unable to hit anyone

half of your guy's bullet sponge problems are probably inconsistency between what the server calculates and what you actually see happen. I know for a fact that not everyone sees excactly the same stuff. I've had guy standing right next to me report a just parked vehicle in a completely different postion/orientation. I've shot rockets and looked like they totally missed choppers, but still ended up with the kill a half second later. I've also had instances where my bullets would not do any damage for a couple of minutes.

This is all on PS3 where the possibility of someone actually hacking/cheating is very very slim.

the other half of your bullet sponge problems are just not understanding your weapons. Even though you held down the trigger and sprayed 20 bullets at that dude 10 feet in front of you, you did not hit him all 20 times. Some of those bullets just plane missed. Some of them seemed like they hit, but didn't actually because of the disparity between server and client. Some of the bullets did hit, but not likely square in the lethal areas. Also, I think people tend ot naturally spray a little low. It takes some practice and personal training to get yourself to spray high while panicking. It takes even more to get yourself to not spray at all, and just do fast successive bursts.

Tagging moving chopper with tracer never gets old. Watching RPG rockets flying into chopper after tagging from several engineers on the battlefield even better :)

Lots of freaky shit going on, even on PB enabled servers.

Last night I knifed a guy and he took no damage and turned around a shot me point blank. Thinking I must have been a poor stabbing attempt I took no notice. Later on in the round, I emptied nearly a whole mag of XM8 LMG ammo into the same player and the player simply ran off!

I died to the said player multiple times without a single revenge kill

Knife is tricky, because it does the whole lock-on thing. I've thought I slashed people that just barely moved out of the autolock range and avoided it. Dunno if it's a similar situation.

I've been trying to have some old bf2 fun with the defib, and that crap is even buggier than the knife. I've sat behind a crouching enemy sniper and defibbed him (shocking him) 3 times with no effect. I ended up just using the m1911 to the head for the kill.

Had a few fun moments in 1v1 when we both died.

The bullet travel time is fun, he kills my soldier and the final bullet from my gun hits his head and he dies.

lolz.

Does anyone know how to get the game to run in windowed mode? If I hit alt + enter it tries to go in windowed mode but doesn't do it all the way. It has the bar at the top but covers my taskbar at the bottom still. I am using Win 7 64 bit on a 22" monitor (sorry can't think of resolution off hand)

Window mode at non native resolutions works fine for me.

I have tried changing my resolution down and that did not work unless I did something totally wrong which is entirely possible. I am not at home right now on said computer so I can't check to see.

The reason I am asking is because I am going to be getting me a 2nd smaller screen for misc. stuff and the only way I know to swap between the 2 monitors is to have the game running in windowed mode.

Oh, I just had a terrible game. I was tagging like 20 times with tracer gun enemy vehicles. And not a SINGLE engineer fired RPG using it. WTF? Looks like many engineers just do ot know how to use RPG properly with tracer.

I even marked a coule of snipers with tracer :) Just for fun.

Window mode at non native resolutions works fine for me.

For whatever reason, when I'm running in SLi (8800m), the game always starts windows for me. I have to wait until I reach the main menu, then alt+enter.

So I guess you could say that windowed mode works for me...although it's not an option I've set.

I even marked a coule of snipers with tracer :) Just for fun.

I had another game at Arica Harbo where I marked a distant sniper with tracer. Then I pull off my CG and hit it with a rocket. I guess this sniper was thinking WTF? And how the hell the rocket launched miles away hit him in the face :)

I had another game at Arica Harbo where I marked a distant sniper with tracer. Then I pull off my CG and hit it with a rocket. I guess this sniper was thinking WTF? And how the hell the rocket launched miles away hit him in the face :)

I didnt realize you could lock on actual infintry with the gustav... thats pretty lulz

So I was looking at my stat sheet from within the game last night and it tells you what you're most effective weapon and vehicle is. So far it seems the bradley is my vehicle of choice, and my knife is my weapon of choice? HAH!

In terms of "locking on" to a target after a tracer dart has been used, do you have ANY visual/audio cues to confirm it or is it just a "aim as close to the little orange square as possible, pull the trigger, and hope the damn thing homes in on the target" kind of deal? I wish there was some sort of audio cue like you get when you are on the receiving end of that scenario at least...

Back