Bad Company 2

Well i cant connect to anything again. Another day another fuckup for this game. It aint me because i do nothing and it fixes.

edit: now cant even connect to ea online, Also when i did login earlier, my friends were gone.

Same here, no friends list and now no EA online. For some odd reason I can't go into my friends list on steam as of 2 min ago :S

No EA servers or Steam friends list here either. Is anyone in-game BC2 friend list working? I keep sending invited to my buddy but he doesn't get the, and he sends them to me but I don't see anything.

The game lets me log in, but I don't have my friends anymore and it crashed when I tried to join a server...

Don't know what's up, but Chaos Rising unlocks in a few hours...so if BC2 isn't back up by then I'll have something else to do.

I just received my retail copy and keep getting the "Failed to connect to EA online" message. Cannot login, start multiplayer, or access serves.

I did open all of the necessary ports. Are the servers down again or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

i just got done playing a game for about 30mins then it crashed on it me

i think there doing some heavy maintence on the servers and stuff

i think by the end of the month the game will be running much better online

List of problems I've run into today:

-Trouble connecting to servers (first time it's happened to me)
-Friends list is suddenly gone
-CTD in middle of awesome game with my vent buddies

So fucking gay. I guess I was crazy thinking DICE could release a game that functions properly on release.

i just got done playing a game for about 30mins then it crashed on it me

i think there doing some heavy maintence on the servers and stuff

i think by the end of the month the game will be running much better online

Hopefully you're right. This is my first time trying to connect and I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if its just a problem with EA servers.

Quick question: am I supposed to create some sort of account and/or activate to access the server list? I can't even get in there, it says: Failure to connect to EA online. What is the login button for? Where do I get the login info? I have yet to enter the multiplayer area.

You should be asked to create an account when you click play multi or try to access the server browser. After that, it prompts you to just login.

Has anyone played the SP mode so far? I got up to the "left no one behind" scene and after killing all the terrors from the cliff, it won't let me advance. Every direction I go it tells me its restricted and you'll be killed by enemy mortar. Is this a bug? I did everything and killed everyone. Just need to rescue the pilot, but there's just no way left to go. I really can't imagine this being a bug.

I'd restart on the previous mission I guess and try again...

there was one part towards the end that I think may have been a bug... because I died 4-5 times before I figured out a way to work around it, but I don't think it's what they intended.

They setup these waypoints so you have to get to a spot to trigger an event / move through the level. The issue was that to trigger this particular waypoint you had to jump off a ledge and couldn't get back up. After this event happened a tank or something comes flying down this narrow alley and you die, but there is like a sewer system under the road.. so I shot the vents and dove under water while the tank flew past me...

But I'm pretty sure that wasn't what they wanted me to do, the waypoint was supposed to be up on the ledge so you can watch the tank come flying at you, then move past it once the event passed.

Either way, you can click "My Campaign" and pick a mission earlier... just a suggestion, I forget what happened in that level.

I can't even get into the server browser. Something wrong with my copy or just EA server issues?

Just played a 5-6 hour session tonight, very few connectivity problems. Leveled up 3, unlocked the AN-94 (awesome!) and raised hell as engineer. Great night :D

Since I maxed assault and engineer I've been working on medic. Yesterday I unlocked the m60, and holy crap, this thing is fucking powerful. With 4x scope and magnum ammo, this thing will destroy at close range and far away. I can hip fire this thing indoors and snipe with the 4x outdoors, and I've regularly been in firefights outnumbered 2 to 1 and came out with both of them dead and me alive. :eek:

I thought the assault class was the embodiment of death with the an94/m416+noob tube combo but maybe the m60 can rival it.

I'll be sad when I finish maxing medic and need to go to recon next. :(

I've been playing for the past few hours without issue.

I've managed to log on (problems with PeerBlock) but I guess it won't find any servers because I don't have the latest version. For some reason, the updater doesn't want to download. Says "There might be an internet connection problem or server is down." Any ideas?

So sad... I just unlocked the final medic weapon, the MG3, and was all excited until I actually tried it out. What a POS :( accuracy is decent and it empties a 100rd clip in like 4 seconds, but even with magnum rounds it requires 7+ hits on Normal servers.

Back to the M-60. Never hurts to get a 3rd gold star I guess :)

Do assault's ammo drops also resupply players' grenade launchers? Some guy hit me twice with his "noob tube," killing me on the second shot. Kill cam snapped to him, saw him camping then throw out an ammo box and resupply, but couldn't tell if he was just hiding there launching nades all day.

Do assault's ammo drops also resupply players' grenade launchers? Some guy hit me twice with his "noob tube," killing me on the second shot. Kill cam snapped to him, saw him camping then throw out an ammo box and resupply, but couldn't tell if he was just hiding there launching nades all day.

Yes, but I always have to walk over my own box like three or four times.

Off the top of my head it replenishes grenades abour 3-4x as long as it takes to replenish clips.

My god I LOVE the second engi launcher, the anti-infintry one. The thing is just deadly, started using it today and its a sqaud destroyer. I've noticed alot of squads move up in groups, over the last hour of play ive destroyed tons of sqauds with 3-4 people in 1 shot. So far my top is killing 5 people in 1 shot lol. Not to mention being able to blast campers that hide ebhind walls. Im excited to see how well the guidable launcher works, only 1k points away (easy t get in 1 more round lol)

having the extended launcher clip + increased explosive damage mods helps alot to, im going entire rounds without having to use my sub machien gun at all lol.

How do i get slugs and body armor? I am veteran status 2. however it won't let me link my bc2 key to my veterans acct.

you just need to use the same ea account. The slugs also have a rank requirment that doesnt show up in game. I think its rank 15 for the slugs, i didnt unlock them till Around there and I have a vet rank of 1

EDIT: ninja'd lol

yeah but it resupplies grenades a lot slower, about 6 or 7 times the amount of time it takes to resupply 1 gun clip.

i found a bug last night, on Atacama Desert i was crouching behind one of the guard towers when a tank blew it up, all the debris fell down on me and i was stuck, i had to commit suicide.

Was playing with "[H] Withnail" last night... is that one of you? I was playing as Brad B ... we were on the same team on one map and later, on Port Valdez, different teams.

I really wish there was an option to set up a bot match in single player that way I can learn the maps without being a total waste in multiplayer with other people.

I finally got to play 3 rounds last night. I got progressively better each time even managed to take a couple control points but I still feel a little lost in the maps.

i found a bug last night, on Atacama Desert i was crouching behind one of the guard towers when a tank blew it up, all the debris fell down on me and i was stuck, i had to commit suicide.

that is what you get you dirty recon! ;)

Not a bug.

Actually, that's pretty damn realistic :p

Not a bug.

Actually, that's pretty damn realistic :p

no it was some kinda of bug, all you can do was kill yourself, IRL i could have crawled out, 2 areas in front of me were clear of debris but i could not move forward.

had something like this happen to me, squad mate was hiding behind a destroyed boat. I spawned on him and it spawned me in the centre of the wrecked boat. Couldnt move, thankfully a sniper seen me and "helped" me out... lol

I'm loving it right now because nubs all over the planet are complaining about their sucky-ness in this game " dude wtf i always rank at the top 3 when i play mw2 but in this game I totally suck, I'm tired of getitng my ass kicked " i'm so proud that i get a positive K : D ratio since day1(and i've never ever played mw2 nor i intend to do so in any platform ) , and now i that i finally unlocked ak74-su i keep getting scores like 12-3 all the time in squad deathmatch, sooo reliable weapon

Gotta love decent heli pilots too, there's nothing better than being a gunner inside a smooth and steady black hawk, btw for extra damage in the minigun do i have to use the alt fire unlock or the primary fire unlock ?

Here are my latest stats too, not bad for less than 15hrs of total gameplay i guess http://img202.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=bc5c.jpg

I finally got the image quality - framerate balance right too, since 4x AA is not doing a good job at removing those pesky jaggies i decided to go dx9, soooo smooth :D http://img651.imageshack.us/i/bc2settings.png/

Back