Bad Company 2

I am still fuming over the negative mouse acceleration. Crashes will be fixed (hopefully), but the mouse movement is horrid. The fact that I can't slowly move the mouse to the right a certain distance and then snap back to the original mouse position and find myself aiming at the same target is frustrating.

I am still fuming over the negative mouse acceleration. Crashes will be fixed (hopefully), but the mouse movement is horrid. The fact that I can't slowly move the mouse to the right a certain distance and then snap back to the original mouse position and find myself aiming at the same target is frustrating.

What are you talking about, here? Could this be what I was thinking was input lag?

I posted this in the other thread, something to chew on:

Battlefield Bad Company 2 has managed to prove so popular that yesterday the concurrent users in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 surpassed that in Battlefield 2 which has been going strong for almost 5 years.

I would say thats more of a mouse issue than the game
I had the same issue in ut2k4 when i was using a shitty g5 laser mouse, i bought an mx518 and never had to worry about negative acceleration again.

I would say thats more of a mouse issue than the game
I had the same issue in ut2k4 when i was using a shitty g5 laser mouse, i bought an mx518 and never had to worry about negative acceleration again.

Shitty g5 laser, but an mx518 solved your problems? You sure you weren't trying to use the g5 on a surface that wasn't laser mouse compatible? As far as I'm concerned the pointer might as well be an extension of my hand with the g5...just about perfect translation of hand movement to pointer movement. The g5 was also an extremely popular mouse. I'm thinking user error here.

Shitty g5 laser, but an mx518 solved your problems? You sure you weren't trying to use the g5 on a surface that wasn't laser mouse compatible? As far as I'm concerned the pointer might as well be an extension of my hand with the g5...just about perfect translation of hand movement to pointer movement. The g5 was also an extremely popular mouse. I'm thinking user error here.

I am a low sens gamer, the g5's laser sensor could not keep up with my fast swiping movements (especially in ut2k4 which was a very fast paced game).Before my g5 i was using an mx510 on a hard plastic cutting board with no issues. I bought the g5 with the QcK+ and found the mouse was awful for me as a low sens gamer. I have gamed on a QcK+ for at least the past 3-4 years and continue to game on one with my mx518. The optical sensor of the 518 has ZERO issues tracking no matter how fast I move the mouse.
oh, i had to update firmware twice and tweak the shit out of setpoint to be able to get my g5 acceptable (not perfect, but maybe 80% better) to me, the 518 was perfect OOTB. The g5 was fine for high sens gamers (as are all laser mice). Im just stating what i think could be the issue and how he could fix it.

XM8 shits on everything I've used so far. Maybe not the M16, but the one I picked up had a stupid ACOG on it which makes it feel terrible. The red dot/4x scopes are entirely redundant, it's far easier to play with the default sights. You can hit people at range if you're not terrible, and you're not hampered by a 4x zoom when fighting up close.

Shame, because it's such a boring gun. I'm hoping the Abakan is better.

I just felt like posting to say OH LORD IT REALLY IS

I went from unlocking the AN-94 to getting the first gold star before the map changed. HHNNNNN

So good

Someone explain gold stars and spotting scopes to me? They seem entirely random in the stars case, and spotting scopes have no effect?

sorry if this is a repost, but thought it would be good to post since people are talking about the XM8 and AN-94

updatedstats.png

I'm getting so fucking sick of the damn crashes to desktop, I swear to god...

Someone explain gold stars and spotting scopes to me? They seem entirely random in the stars case, and spotting scopes have no effect?

Gold Stars are just # of kills with that specific weapon / vehicle. It goes bronze, silver, gold, and you can earn additional gold stars. All it's for is awarding points I think.

I don't know exactly what the spotting scope does, I have no idea what it means by "real time". After equipping it I don't seem to notice anything changing with spotting.

Alright, good games to the people who were playing on True Inc (sp?) Gamers or what not. Was fun!

In the server list, can anybody else see pings?

At first, no. But if you run steam as administrator, then run BFBC2 as administrator (I use a desktop shortcut I created for the game) then you should get pings showing up.

Even running the game as an Admin most of the server pings do not show. This must be a big disadvantage to those hosting a server and the pings don't show as I'll never enter a server without a ping showing.

Here's an update on the EA server issues.

"All teams are actively engaged in diagnosis and remediation. We are adding additional services to alleviate load. Despite having a major infrastructure in place, the peak traffic this weekend has been huge, 400% higher than any other Battlefield's peak simultaneous users. The teams will continue to monitor the services closely. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and will provide further updates on the latest developments as they are relevant."

Their "major infrastructure" isn't so major. Basically we have bought a game that the infrastructure cannot cope with, the servers are overloaded to the point of failure.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...d-bad-company-2-server-update-2010-03-07.aspx

And Twitter page update mentioning PB issues

http://twitter.com/OfficialBFBC2

Last edited:
Quick questions about this game:

1. Is there a way to host a local game? so I can learn how to fly helicopters?

2. How in the nine hells do I activate AA?

thx

Quick questions about this game:

1. Is there a way to host a local game? so I can learn how to fly helicopters?

2. How in the nine hells do I activate AA?

thx

Not that I know of

DX10 or DX11 only

A couple of epic moments Vs. snipers. I parachuted in behind the opposing team, walked right up behind 8 recons lined up on a ridge sniping, and collected 8 dog tags. Not 10 minutes later, got the UAV and hellfired the same 8 recons in the same place. Needless to say, they decided to either find a new camping spot, or change classes.

A couple of epic moments Vs. snipers. I parachuted in behind the opposing team, walked right up behind 8 recons lined up on a ridge sniping, and collected 8 dog tags. Not 10 minutes later, got the UAV and hellfired the same 8 recons in the same place. Needless to say, they decided to either find a new camping spot, or change classes.

Sounds like they forgot to set up a rear guard.

Yeah knifing for dog tags is cool, I set out to get the 4 knife kills in a round pin for my collection on the dark, snowy rush map, ended up with 16 by the end of the round, total dog tags collected is something like 188 now, although I think it kept the ones from the beta.

sorry if this is a repost, but thought it would be good to post since people are talking about the XM8 and AN-94

ENORMOUS IMAGE

I'm surprised to see the PP2000 has such mediocre stats, I picked it up off one guy that was ruining everyone he saw and immediately understood why. It's a crazy gun.

Thing about the AN-94 though is that as well as dealing more damage per shot, it's far easier to get all shots on target because of the two-round burst. Where you'd be manually bursting with most of the other guns, the AN does it for you meaning you can just hammer the fire key as fast as you like resulting in what seems like fully automatic fire which is almost completely accurate. I hope they don't tweak it, I'm enjoying rolling snipers around.

I'm surprised to see the PP2000 has such mediocre stats, I picked it up off one guy that was ruining everyone he saw and immediately understood why. It's a crazy gun.

PP2000 is a favourite of mine

Another personal fav is the F2000 tempered with a red-dot, deadly

Im not a big fan of the F2000. I picked up an M16 with 4x Opt the other day, that is a pretty sweet combo for med-long range shooting. Works fine up close, but the 4x Opt is a bit much :p

I didn't realize we were putting " [H] " 's in front of our names!...

Add me folks, usually on in the evenings! :p

JustCallMeGreen

Guys where do you see your stats? Is there any website I can see them or is it just ingame?

Yeah knifing for dog tags is cool, I set out to get the 4 knife kills in a round pin for my collection on the dark, snowy rush map, ended up with 16 by the end of the round, total dog tags collected is something like 188 now, although I think it kept the ones from the beta.

I pull the knife out when I get owned 2-3 times in a row by the same guy. It's amazing how many times it works.

so BF3 will be entirely unplayable when it comes out?
What did they do compared to BF2 to have such a Fing mess?

My buddy said its because they have consoles in here and well I won't go into what he says and thinks of console gamers. BUT I am in full agreement.

My buddy said its because they have consoles in here and well I won't go into what he says and thinks of console gamers. BUT I am in full agreement.

?
The PC version has more players than both consoles combined. BC2 release has 400% more players than any previous battlefield release, they obviously weren't prepared. Hopefully they get their shit together in terms of servers and stability.

Well I really believe DICE/EA were completely overwhelmed by the response to the game.I believe this just may be their biggest release ever (DICE that is). I know I've had some issues but with some of the common fixes out there I solved them for the most part. Hopefully a patch is coming soon. But i really am kind of curious about how alot of pc gamers are shocked about the major release of a PC game can be rocky at times. It has always been like this don't let nostalgia fool you. Consoles have nothing to do with this. This is still one of the main arguments against PC gaming. But seeing this run on my PC in all it's glory makes it all worth it.This game is outstanding!!!

Also anyone have some Helo tips. I can't fly these things to save my life!!!

Back