Bad Company 2

You'll get rezzed and you'll like it You POS!

Today, you people are no longer maggots. Today, you are Marines. You're part of a brotherhood. From now on until the day you die, wherever you are, every Marine is your brother. Most of you will go to Vietnam. Some of you will not come back. But always remember this: Marines die. That's what we're here for. But the Marine Corps lives forever. And that means YOU live forever.

Today, you people are no longer maggots. Today, you are Marines. You're part of a brotherhood. From now on until the day you die, wherever you are, every Marine is your brother. Most of you will go to Vietnam. Some of you will not come back. But always remember this: Marines die. That's what we're here for. But the Marine Corps lives forever. And that means YOU live forever.

Cool story bro.

:D ha this made me laugh. classic movie.

True, but it doesn't change the mechanics of the medic class.

...Because that quote of yours I was responding to with that statement wasn't a thinly veiled barb/brag combo followed by a direct attack at all, right? I believe it went something like:

Pot, Kettle, Black. Clearly, I was "waving my ego around" and not retaliating to a caustic comment.

Oh? Because that's pretty much exactly what you were implying earlier:

So.... This?

I guess I should have not only stated it earlier, but stated it twice. I can easily agree on that point. I just happen to define it stricter with higher liability placed on individual players. Here is an easy algorithm for deciding if you should res someone or not:

-In a pub, if a medic thinks he can reliably get from cover or a safe area to a potential rez target and then back without dying, he should attempt that rez. The player he Rezzes, by nature of game mechanics, should have an easier time than the medic getting back to cover. If he dies again, It's on him.

-In a competitive match environment, you can cut that in half. If the medic can simply get to his res target and make the res, then that res should be attempted.

Either way, No matter what happens, the only way you can hurt your team with an attempted res is if you die while making the attempt.

I don't think I am the one who has made himself look silly here.

You're right, I apologise.

I like when game arguments get heated with 1337 arguments and k\d pissing contests lol, I just like playing on a squad with like minded players and having fun and not base raping (cause it empties a server.)

My bfbc and steam name is prymet1me if anyone wants to play. I stick to south region servers for low ping since im in Houston.

The main reason I hate noob rezzers is because i'm trying to build my pathetic KD up to 1.0 before I can start not caring again... /truthful speaking

The main reason I hate noob rezzers is because i'm trying to build my pathetic KD up to 1.0 before I can start not caring again... /truthful speaking

Would I qualify as a noob rezzer if If I go around reviving teammates in buildings that are collapsing? Granted, I am clear of the imminent danger, and go unscathed, and they usually die again... Or what about when they are clearly going to get shot by the same guy again, but I repeatedly revive them?

The Gustav spam on the PC is interesting. Hardly anybody uses it on the 360 outside of anti-vehicle fire. The only thing that gets annoying is the amount of wannabe-snipers who don't bother helping the team or trying to take objectives. Obviously the recon class is vulnerable in CQB and is best at range but when someone just sits in one spot and never moves for the entire game, it's infuriating.

Really? I find that interesting/weird. Why do you think that Gustav use is a lot lower on 360/console, when so many people use it on PC? Aiming/resolution better or something?

I wouldn't know since I never play Engineer... it's my last unlock and I refuse to do it. :D

Awww don't refuse to play Engi :(

That is one of my favorites, it is a great time hiding land mines (2 in close proximity with upgraded explosive) in random spots and getting double or tripple kills. Its especially fun since if you die, change class, or change to another item those mines still remain ^^ and later in the round you might have forgotten you had some out there and boom, you get a :D

I play engi most of the time. Lately I have been playing with the M14 mod and C4 though. I have been gone for few weeks and as soon as I hop into a server BAN for base rape... K/D was 0/0. Has the community gone down in a months time?

I play engi most of the time. Lately I have been playing with the M14 mod and C4 though. I have been gone for few weeks and as soon as I hop into a server BAN for base rape... K/D was 0/0. Has the community gone down in a months time?

Did the server admin have you confused with another player upon ban? With K/D of 0/0 it doesn't make sense. Only other explanation I can think of is if you had played on the server prior to the few weeks you took off and were possibly base raping then and were banned without realizing it until your recent return.

I dunno about the community going down recently, but on two servers of the five or so I frequent many people are fast to accuse individuals of hacks, upsetting and funny at the same time.

Did the server admin have you confused with another player upon ban? With K/D of 0/0 it doesn't make sense. Only other explanation I can think of is if you had played on the server prior to the few weeks you took off and were possibly base raping then and were banned without realizing it until your recent return.

I dunno about the community going down recently, but on two servers of the five or so I frequent many people are fast to accuse individuals of hacks, upsetting and funny at the same time.

I know. I went 73-29 yesterday and occasionally someone on the other team would slip up and all chat about me hacking. It was funny b/c they were at least talking in team chat about me but now and then would say something like "I know! How the F can he survive that?" I think the issue was I would take out 4-5 of them at a time and get wacked pretty good but not die. I think my ping was really good but most of it is that I dodge like hell and never stop moving. So I really rarely take direct hits. I get a lot of glancing hits but nothing too damaging.

Still, only a few servers are total dicks about banning. KOF comes to mind. They whine a LOT and are not very good overall so they tend to be ultra sensitive to getting rolled.

So I'm curious, what's the best Win/Loss ratios you guys have seen? I just came across a guy in my clan with 8.2 on Attack, and .1 on Defense! That's definitely as lopsided as I've ever seen it, I don't even know how he manages that lol

While I never play engie, I have been kicked for base raping like that. Funny thing was I was sitting at a flag guarding it like I was supposed to, not even shooting into their spawn. A lot of admins in this game are power tripping retards.

Really? I find that interesting/weird. Why do you think that Gustav use is a lot lower on 360/console, when so many people use it on PC? Aiming/resolution better or something?

I'd say it's to do with the lag - it takes around a second and a half for the rocket to actually launch when you fire. With sniper rifles it takes a second for the hit to register but you don't need to do advanced physics to work out where your target is going to be in 5-10 seconds after you press the Fire button like you do with the Gustav...so Recon is the frustration tool of choice for most console scrubs. The CG is really only useful for taking out slow-moving armour and cover, just like the other two rocket launchers.

While I never play engie, I have been kicked for base raping like that. Funny thing was I was sitting at a flag guarding it like I was supposed to, not even shooting into their spawn. A lot of admins in this game are power tripping retards.

I think it all comes down to that.. It was a server I used to frequent and I rarley have a KD below 1.5. Probably was from a month ago.

I hopped into another server that said no clan tags on the banner.. I was just thinking to myself, "wow these people really don't want traffic to there server, banning everyone with clan tags". Needless to say I got 6-7 kills in the 1 min 30 sec stay :D lol. Im not going to lie.. It was terrible. no wonder they didn't want people in there. They were terrible.

Servers cost money to host in BF games, don't they? Probably why the admins are so picky about who's allowed in their little world.

So I'm curious, what's the best Win/Loss ratios you guys have seen? I just came across a guy in my clan with 8.2 on Attack, and .1 on Defense! That's definitely as lopsided as I've ever seen it, I don't even know how he manages that lol

Probably quits before his team loses.

then again,was it on xbox? Every time I check xbox players stats, they are opposite of PC. On PC my attacker w/l is low, but defender is high. Xbox players have high attacker w/l, and low defense w/l. Something about noone defending/disarming the mcom on xbox.

Man your clan mates W/L seems pretty jacked, lol. Not sure what the best is but mine seems only slightly lopsided in comparison..
My W/L Ratio:
Attacker 2.16
Defender 0.46

Man your clan mates W/L seems pretty jacked, lol. Not sure what the best is but mine seems only slightly lopsided in comparison..
My W/L Ratio:
Attacker 2.16
Defender 0.46

Yeah I agree, it's weird! He doesn't do anything like quit before he loses that I've seen, and his defender ratio seems to suggest that's true?

Mine is 1.9 on Attack and .40 on Defense.

Attacker: .779
Defender: 3.35
total: 1.48

I'm not in a clan, and only play pub servers, and I"m on pc, so maybe that accounts for something compared to you guys?

I just know it's rare for me to win on att, but we almost never lose on def.

I have a 5.30 on defending... 0.69 on attacking... 1.75 overall.

I much prefer defending :p

I pub only currently, I do not have a preference between attacking/defending, just hate being on clueless teams. I do however believe my defending looks bad at 0.46 vs my attacking of 2.16 as I often am the one who is first to jump on the unbalanced defending team when autobalance is not working and they are getting slammed. This usually means I help hold off the offense but we still loose. I love having fun and winning, but not when its a landside and makes people rage quit.

Curious, do [H] members here play on certain servers together or roll the [H] tag in game? I have yet to see anyone rockin' it and I am a level 40 with 232hrs under my belt. I'm down to game with some of you all sometime, just lmk where to find you :p

Last edited:
Still, only a few servers are total dicks about banning. KOF comes to mind. They whine a LOT and are not very good overall so they tend to be ultra sensitive to getting rolled.

Whisky Room and WCK as well. Whisky Room is apparently a spin-off of WCK, so it makes sense they both have the same "policies" to ban anyone that kills an admin.

I have a 5.30 on defending... 0.69 on attacking... 1.75 overall.

I much prefer defending :p

Same, defense is what I'm best at too.

Attacker Wins 375 Losses 294 WL Ratio 1.28
Defender Wins 564 Losses 184 WL Ratio 3.07

Total W/L of 1.97 although been much higher in the past. I seem to be on team suck arse predominately of late. That and I always seem to join games that end immediately with a loss, annoying. I'd say a large amount of my losses have been attributed to this

I was just under my alt account on the whiskey room and there was ridiculous team-stacking going on. I went 25/11 against the stackers and got like 20,000 award points. Nelson Bay with a Saiga and they were spawn camping us (we were attackers).

I don't think any admins were present but it was pretty funny. Next best on my team was like 8/10 or something terrible. I played a few rounds and lost all of them due to them spawn camping us. Oh well it's my alt account and I'm not quite sober right now so it's all good.

This game is quite entertaining though.

It's best when the teams are even. I don't like playing on a server where 1 team dominates.

I look forward to the expansion pack.

I mostly play Engineer, not for the CG but I just really like the SMG weapons, in particular the SCAR. So lethal at close range and not a whole lot of recoil.

I've only hired the game twice for 360, but have a 1.43 KDR, 714 kills and 499 deaths. Apparently my favourite weapon is the PKM back from when I only ever played as a Medic; 122 kills.

And yes, I post my 360 experiences with BC2 here because...I don't think anybody in the console sub-forum plays it...

Last edited:
I seem to have lost all my stats. My soldier is now reset to rank 1! WTH

300 hours and level 47 completely gone! :mad:

Not to change the subject (although it has been all over the place....), but I just upgraded my processor from an E6600 to a Q9950. The difference in the way the game runs is night and day! I thought I just really sucked, but my K/D ratio has taken a 180. The game now runs like butta and look awesome....

If anyone out there is thinking about upgrading anyway (and has a socket 775 MOBO), I suggest you do so. You can get the a Q9550 for as little as $149 (on sale at Micro Center) or $229 on TigerDirect (if not MC near you, like me....). Worth every penny IMO.

I hope you also OCed your Q9550. I can notice any CPU speed increase in this game. things where fine for me @ 3.6/3 for one and a half years. but after BC2, I’ve been struggling to OC it more.

I hope you also OCed your Q9550. I can notice any CPU speed increase in this game. things where fine for me @ 3.6/3 for one and a half years. but after BC2, I’ve been struggling to OC it more.

Only time I noticed my 600MHz OC was during intense particle effects, like the smoke of 18 C4s going off 10 feet away from me. Besides odd situations like that that the stock 2.83GHz is enough for this game IMHO.

Sucks that it's so demanding since I had to quit (going abroad) right when I hit rank 49. All I can play it on now is a laptop with a 2.8GHz C2D and a Mobility HD 3650 (albeit the 256MB GDDR3 version).. I have no doubt it'll run, but I don't even want to bother. It'd just be depressing.

Back