Bad Company 2

I am having huge lag on every server after the update, anyone know why? I tried some of my favorite servers, they lag like hell too. Anyone know how to solve this?

I had spawn lag too, but after disable AVG, spawn lag is gone. But ping is still around 500 on EVERY server. I checked my internet connection, it has no problem. Anyone has same problem?

Tracer dart speed is awesome now but it's still a matter of time before people figure out how to lock-on to that dart or at least find a way to read chat while playing at the same time when someone explains how to lock-on :confused:

It is much easier to get dart plants on choppers now, I agree. However, as one who likes to fly when he can, I was disappointed. It makes the helicopters much less effective...even cripplingly so if have even a couple engineers on the opposing team who know what they are doing.

I'm an okay pilot, but I don't think I'll be able to dodge the faster darts:(

It is much easier to get dart plants on choppers now, I agree. However, as one who likes to fly when he can, I was disappointed. It makes the helicopters much less effective...even cripplingly so if have even a couple engineers on the opposing team who know what they are doing.

I'm an okay pilot, but I don't think I'll be able to dodge the faster darts:(

Just try to stay far above the ground, darts are not THAT fast

btw locking on is really simple, ffs ppl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqJn1WmuTRE

Anyone suffering from intermittent freezing when trying to spawn on a team member? Everytime I click enter battle it freezes for a second then resumes, sometimes it doesn't even let me in!

I'm getting strange hiccups too. Things seem to slow down to a crawl all of a sudden. FPS goes into single figures for about 2 seconds. Something is very wrong. It does it on all servers and normally leads to a death.

I had the same problem; disabling AVG cleared up all the lag issues. Thanks MarineCorps; I owe u a brew!

Man, I rocked it for about 4 hours today and the tracer dart is lethal to choppers and tanks.

I take back my questions concerning the AN-94; seems great still.

A couple other observations; the nerfs mean little on Hardcore. Still see people using 40mm/Gustavs/M60 like there's no tomorrow.

Also, played with a bonafide hacker today. CyberRage http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/CyberRage Guy wasn't even trying to hide it. He used several guns and he never missed. Less than 1 day played and he's ranked 28. One round ended with him 139/9 God what a douche.

Last edited:
Wow I cant believe I never realized how to lock on correctly. I feel like an idiot :rolleyes: lol

I'll let you in on a hilarious secret.... It works on enemy soldiers *Cough Snipers COUGH*

Fix to 999 ping on windows 7 yet? I searched google and cant find working answer to it.
I get 999pings and cant get in to servers.
windows vista 7 64 bit

Does sniper copping still work?

The AN-94 was easy to get used to again.

Since the CG sucks so much ass now, I just roll Tracer and RPG-7 and Explosives+ for vehicle-laden maps and UMP + Magnum for vehicle-scarce maps.

With all the time I spend on this forum, I could've just googled/youtub'd it! Thanks for the link.

Is there a reason why this guy uses CG over the RPG? Doesn't RPG do more damage versus tanks and vehicles?

The CG is faster... that's about it.

I imagine he was just using the CG for demonstration purposes.

I'll let you in on a hilarious secret.... It works on enemy soldiers *Cough Snipers COUGH*

I hit a guy with a tracer dart from about 300 yards or so on the first defend area on Arica Harbor, then let loose with an RPG after I locked-on. Probably one of my most satisfying kills.

The CG is way faster and more agile at tracking than the RPG-7. I will usually trace armor and then hide behind a hill or other terrain and just lock on and fire straight up into the air making the rocket work like a sort of makeshift Javelin. It's accurate. RPG-7 is a little retarded in the head when it comes to doing the same thing and expecting it to go where you'd expect it to.

It's funny watching choppers get tagged. I watched about 6 choppers get tagged and then saw every body in it bail out ASAP.:D

The CG is way faster and more agile at tracking than the RPG-7. I will usually trace armor and then hide behind a hill or other terrain and just lock on and fire straight up into the air making the rocket work like a sort of makeshift Javelin. It's accurate. RPG-7 is a little retarded in the head when it comes to doing the same thing and expecting it to go where you'd expect it to.

err seriously stupid question...how do you lock on?

err seriously stupid question...how do you lock on?

This is a more common question than you might think.

Aim the RPG/CG at the flashing square reticule thingy attached to the tank/APC/ATV/chopper/Sniper's head. Eventually it'll go from flashing red to solid red. Then aim anywhere and let'er rip.

Stuck at the loading screen after CTD.

I am able to start the game (as administrator) and play it for awhile (about 1-2 hours) and then the game will crash to the desktop with no reason. This will be in the middle of a game; beginning or ending it makes no difference. When I restart the game I am able to load it fine, login without a problem and choose a server to connect too. However, once I get to the loading screen it will sit there for over 5 minutes and eventually I will I have CTRL-ALT-DELE and end task the game. The loading screen does not seem to freeze, the loading circle is still going and the description of the type of game keeps cycling. If I want to play the game again I will need to reboot the PC and then it will work, until another CTD. I have checked the temps of the card and the PC and they are well within acceptable ranges 65 -75 degrees Celsius for the video card and 55-65 degrees Celsius for the CPU. I am running my CPU at stock speeds, for now to troubleshoot the problem. The video card is OC, but this OC is from the factory and I have not touched the speed since I got the card. I have tried different drivers for the video card and none have made a difference.
Also I have tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling and I get the same behavior while running the game on medium settings.
I have been a fan of the Battlefield series of games and yes it does take EA/Dice awhile to get everything just right, I have never had this problem with any game before. Any advice would be helpful.

Specs for my computer:
CPU Q6600 2.4GHz stock speeds for troubleshooting
EVGA 750 FTW motherboard
4GB of Corsair 1066MHz running at 800Mhz again no OC
EVGA 8800 GT SSC with the 197.13 drivers. I have tried the newest drivers and older drivers to see if I could narrow down the issue none made a difference in the behavior.
WD 320 GB hard drive 7200 RPM
Realtek HD Audio using the 2.47 drivers.
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
Anti-virus: MSE (tried disabling to see if it made a difference, it did not)

Currently at work so I do not have access to the game on the computer to test anything until tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

It's funny watching choppers get tagged. I watched about 6 choppers get tagged and then saw every body in it bail out ASAP.:D

I was in a chopper earlier today and it got tagged; tried bailing and got roadkilled by the chopper.

1 40mm round to the side of the tank and it went boom. 2 40mm round to a Mcom station and boom

If the tank was very damaged yeah and 2 40mm will not take out an MCOM unless a tank has just been shelling the shit out of it.

I was in a chopper earlier today and it got tagged; tried bailing and got roadkilled by the chopper.

If the tank was very damaged yeah and 2 40mm will not take out an MCOM unless a tank has just been shelling the shit out of it.

yup, i've even killed a tank with a frag grenade before, was very funny to do lol. Waisted my last rocket on a tank, it had no health left in the bar I could see, tossed the grenade and bam, insta kill lol.

I remember running out of ammo with the Gustav defending on Isla Innocentes... picked up some guys assault kit with a 40mm nade and tagged/killed a Blackhawk...

Thought it was pretty funny, I wasn't even expecting to ding it.

I also remember randomly throwing a grenade at where I thought enemies would be, and I guess there was a severely damaged Bradley about to get repaired and my nade killed the guy repairing it and the tank.

so, i've been trying to figure out why some HC servers aren't really HC in terms of damage. well, it turns out that if the server has FRIENDLY-FIRE ON, or KILL CAM OFF, it is considered HC by the server browser. so lame.

i really hope they change that, or make a way to filter out those servers.

so, i've been trying to figure out why some HC servers aren't really HC in terms of damage. well, it turns out that if the server has FRIENDLY-FIRE ON, or KILL CAM OFF, it is considered HC by the server browser. so lame.

i really hope they change that, or make a way to filter out those servers.

Thanks for the heads up, I have been wondering the same thing. Its annoying when I have friends following me into servers that turn out to be normal cause not all of them have fast computers and then I have to wait for them to load lol

I am having huge lag on every server after the update, anyone know why? I tried some of my favorite servers, they lag like hell too. Anyone know how to solve this?

I had spawn lag too, but after disable AVG, spawn lag is gone. But ping is still around 500 on EVERY server. I checked my internet connection, it has no problem. Anyone has same problem?

Yep, I haven't found a solution to the lagging since the update. Shame as things were fine pre patch.

[Also, here's a useful clip on how to use the attack helicopter's alt-fire Hellfire missiles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7h2VZKMxRY

OMG, I never knew you could do that with the choppa. Granted I rarely ever jump in to be a pilot, but none the less I never even knew it was possible!

A well coordinated squad in attack choppas and on the ground as engineers could really dominate with that.

Yep, I haven't found a solution to the lagging since the update. Shame as things were fine pre patch.

Not many people have the problem, that really makes me wonder. In the server brower, all ping are normal around 50-150. Once get into a game, it just drops down to 500.

i have not noticed any problems with xp, but prepatch I did see large differences between xp, W7 and w7-64 while running on the same system.

Anyone know what I need to do to let my shoot bullets out of the UAV? It seems that I'm able to with my right mouse button at times. At other times, the right button does nothing.

Yeah, pre-patch, some servers were lagged, but you could always find a good server if you shopped around. The last two nights I've seen no server with a ping of less than 150 after I connected to it, and most were 200-500. And the sad thing was, PEOPLE WERE STILL PLAYING like it was no big thing!

My best ping came from going across country to a West Coast server :(

If they can't fix this shit, I'm going to stop playing for awhile.

I just played my first round since the patch.

Liking the new tracer dart.

Not liking the new knife. Yeah, I wanted it harder to kill, but a backstab should still kill in 1 knifing. I walked up to someone from the side to try and knife them, heard the slosh of hitting them, saw the blood, then was like "oh crap" when I realised they hadn't gone down!

The knife nerf is stupid, flanking and backstabbing someone should be rewarded not penalised. Whereas stabbing someone from the front kills them instantly. As someone mentioned 180 degrees wrong. Makes no sense to me. I had to knife a sniper 3 times last night to get a kill. Knife is now useless, glad I platinumed it early. In future I will use a gun to the back of the head...

Anyone know what I need to do to let my shoot bullets out of the UAV? It seems that I'm able to with my right mouse button at times. At other times, the right button does nothing.

i think the upgrade is bugged because I always choose that item for vehicles and it sometimes just doesn't work.

wait so NO knife slashes are insta kills or only from specific side/part of the body?

The knife nerf is stupid, flanking and backstabbing someone should be rewarded not penalised. Whereas stabbing someone from the side or front kills them instantly. As someone mentioned 180 degrees wrong. Makes no sense to me. I had to knife a sniper 3 times last night to get a kill. Knife is now useless, glad I platinumed it early. In future I will use a gun to the back of the head...

I wouldn't say it's useless... but its effectiveness is rather fickle. I seem to be successful at backstabbing a stationary enemy about 3 out of 4 times. For the times that don't work, I try twice, and then unload a clip into their head.

I checked yesterday my CPU utilization and it was maxed out now. I run a Core 2 Duo (E6600) @ 3.2 and the spread was 85% CPU and 15% on audiodg.exe

I found a possible way to reduce the audio.exe usage so I'll try it tonight. Guys please check your CPU utilization chances are that now it runs maxed out. I am having huge fps drops because of it and therefore lag specially upon spawning.

I tried turning up the quality settings on the game to everything on high except shadows and undergrowth. 4AA + 16AF and it still wouldn't off load the CPU. I have all my video card settings to high performance. I'll turn those up too tonight to see if I can get the game to offload from the CPU. Before I was not running maxed out. When I spawn it gets worse and that's still without any anti-virus.

**Correction** I meant to say that BC2 accounted for 85% of cpu usage and audiodg.exe for 15%. CPU is at 100%

Last edited:
I checked yesterday my CPU utilization and it was maxed out now. I run a Core 2 Duo (E6600) @ 3.2 and the spread was 85% CPU and 15% on audiodg.exe

I found a possible way to reduce the audio.exe usage so I'll try it tonight. Guys please check your CPU utilization chances are that now it runs maxed out. I am having huge fps drops because of it and therefore lag specially upon spawning.

I tried turning up the quality settings on the game to everything on high except shadows and undergrowth. 4AA + 16AF and it still wouldn't off load the CPU. I have all my video card settings to high performance. I'll turn those up too tonight to see if I can get the game to offload from the CPU. Before I was not running maxed out. When I spawn it gets worse and that's still without any anti-virus.

Time to swap out that e6600 for a q9550. :)

you need to select one of the enhanced weapon upgrades. you can test this on an empty rush map.

I hit a guy with a tracer dart from about 300 yards or so on the first defend area on Arica Harbor, then let loose with an RPG after I locked-on. Probably one of my most satisfying kills.

I tried it last night as I got in behind the enemy lines (I was a defender). I was waiting to tag a chopper sitting on the pad, when along runs a sniper. I figured what the hell; give it a shot. So I planted a tracer right on the guy's ass. Locked on a second later and gave him a Gustav enema. It was definitely one of my funniest kills. I couldn't stop laughing afterwards and ended up getting knifed by some guy (not the same one I violated a second before).

I had so many kills with that tracer/CG combo last night. I think they'll roll back the tracer some as far as speed goes.

On all loadouts, select the last vehicle upgrade (Alt weapon which looks like 5 bullets stacked up) and you should have it all the time. It's something you have to do with every kit though. I made that one a default on all my kits.

Back