Bad Company 2

I cant get in to servers. 999 ping on all servers. Any fix for this?
I tried adminstrator trick and didnt work

ya, lots of youtube videos out on the knife. no doubt something will be changed in a future patch.

Yeah, I had WTF moment with knife. Knifed the guy in the back - nothing. Guy heard me, turned back and I knifed the second time this time around I killed him.

So, no more knifing 5 snipers in a row from the back. Pethetic :(

I feel ya. I got right behind a guy and tried knifing him two times before he heard me and filled me with lead.

Yeah, I had WTF moment with knife. Knifed the guy in the back - nothing. Guy heard me, turned back and I knifed the second time this time around I killed him.

So, no more knifing 5 snipers in a row from the back. Pethetic :(

yep, I thought I was gonna get my first gold tag today by knifing a level 50 camping under a tree. 4 stabs in the head from behind, he turns around and launches a 40mm into my nads.:confused:

yep, I thought I was gonna get my first gold tag today by knifing a level 50 camping under a tree. 4 stabs in the head from behind, he turns around and launches a 40mm into my nads.:confused:

It feels like a ultimate noob protection thing. If you do not want to be knifed just do not turn your face to te enemy :)

Sounds to me like they balls'd up the knife nerf.

Surely you'd want to nerf it from the front to avoid all the 'running through your bullets to knife you' shit whilst leaving the back exposed. I already mentioned my experience of two of us having to knife a guy in the back twice each to get him, but later I was classic 'rush knifed'. Obviously not fixed imo.

I wouldn't put it past DICE to have simply got it wrong by 180°. :rolleyes:

i knifed someone in the front yesterday. i dont like the new 40MM. I shot two guys standing right next to each other and they lived. Of course the gun takes forever to change so they killed me before i even got the next gun up to try and finish them off.

I've had similar experiences with the knife. I guy was standing still and I knifed him a 2 time from the back and nothing. 1 knife to the front and another guy went down...

I really like that they increased the speed of the repair tool. It was dangerous and slow work repairing tank damage under fire, but now it's nearly twice as fast, so I do a lot more repairs than previously.

I too like the repair tool. I took out an enemy tank with it yesterday very quickly. I think it was at 25% health.

RIP 40MM Grenade.

Seriously, short of a direct hit its useless for anything more than a insta-door. Probably half way between where it was and where it is would probably be a sweetspot. I don't even have 300 kills with the 40MM grenade so its not like it was ever integral to my loadout, but seriously. I am seriously considering using the 40MM shotgun instead. At least that got me a couple kills last night.

The M16A2 is dead to me now as well, went back to the M416 which still seems pretty good.

I don't buy many games. This was the first game I've purchased since the Orange Box was released and I've played TF2 like a mad man ever since. That was an extremely polished and complete game the day it was released and Valve has continuously updated it since.

Coming from TF2 to BC2 is like night and day. While the game is fun and all, it doesn't feel finished at all like they never play tested the thing. There are so many complete fuck ups with simple things its ridiculous. I've harped since the first time I've played it that the server browser was shit and now they've fixed it somewhat with the latest patch.

I feel like DICE decided with this patch they wanted to "improve" a little bit of everything even though certain things didn't need touching..i.e. sniper rifles. I don't know about any body else but for me either the lag or the hit boxes are awful. I've had so many cases where I've but entire magazines into a body and receive nothing in return like a dead body!

Don't get me wrong, I like this game and its a lot of fun as I've said, its just frustrating as hell to play a game where it seems it wasn't tested in house first before its release or patch release

Its a shame that things must be made ineffective, but i prefer it over how it use to be. It may not be integral to your load out but I would say around 85% of people would disagree. Nothing i cant stand more from BF2, COD, and now Bad Company is how 40mm and rockets are being used as if they have no other weapon.

I don't buy many games. This was the first game I've purchased since the Orange Box was released and I've played TF2 like a mad man ever since. That was an extremely polished and complete game the day it was released and Valve has continuously updated it since.

Coming from TF2 to BC2 is like night and day. While the game is fun and all, it doesn't feel finished at all like they never play tested the thing. There are so many complete fuck ups with simple things its ridiculous. I've harped since the first time I've played it that the server browser was shit and now they've fixed it somewhat with the latest patch.

I feel like DICE decided with this patch they wanted to "improve" a little bit of everything even though certain things didn't need touching..i.e. sniper rifles. I don't know about any body else but for me either the lag or the hit boxes are awful. I've had so many cases where I've but entire magazines into a body and receive nothing in return like a dead body!

Don't get me wrong, I like this game and its a lot of fun as I've said, its just frustrating as hell to play a game where it seems it wasn't tested in house first before its release or patch release

I think they seriously playtested it. All remaining problems were really minor. At least I myself cannot name a singe problem that I consider a major bug. even broken server browser is not a major bug. Another thing is that TF2 is much simpler game then BC2. No vehicles, no distructable environment, extremelly limited ammount of weapons etc. Take this into account. I would say that technical complexity of TF2 is half of technical complexity of BC2.

I've gotten kills with it just fine without direct hits post-patch. I think it's fine where it is now since people aren't using it as a primary anymore.

But yeah, they fucked the M16A2. It's a POS now.

Everything you've said could also be applied to TF2 in my mind. Some people like the changes in some games and others don't. I personally think the whole unlocks fiasco ruined a great game and now TF2's just riding on its quirky aesthetic and accessibility.

You'll either get used to it and appreciate the changes like you have in TF2, or get bored, think it's stupid and stop playing like I have in TF2.

In general, I agree with the changes made.

I think, as far as combat goes, they nerfed the chopper a bit too much. An attack chopper should be a ruthless attack force, perhaps, if they felt that it was too powerful, they could have increased the chopper spawn time, or decreased the health a bit.

Now, the gunner seat is nerfed, the reload buff is nerfed, and the tracer darts render the thing useless.

I loved the chopper before.

All the more reason to play hardcore now. All the changes almost have no effect on hardcore. I got my knife 4 players in one round award in Isla Innocentes today.

I also got gustav'd a lot as usual. Was still sniping across the map with the Gol (even though the other ones are equal now) or the combat shotgun.

Wait, so the bolt-actions all do the same damage now apparently, but what about the auto's like the SVU or VSS? I'm assuming the SV98 is choice now.

I don't like the knife nerf, M16A2 nerf, 40mm nerf, sniper nerf, or the gustav nerf. I think 40mm should have been fixed by making only 1 resupply from ammo packs and having the resupply take a couple more seconds. M16A2 was fine, why touch it? Knife was fine. Gustav was fine. Sniper rifles were almost fine.

Even so, the AN-94 bump was nice (not needed, but nice), definitely like the server browser and pretty much the rest of the changes. Still having a lot of fun.

Everything you've said could also be applied to TF2 in my mind. Some people like the changes in some games and others don't. I personally think the whole unlocks fiasco ruined a great game and now TF2's just riding on its quirky aesthetic and accessibility.

You'll either get used to it and appreciate the changes like you have in TF2, or get bored, think it's stupid and stop playing like I have in TF2.

Most of the unlocks were pure shit and the added too many legitimate ways to crit/minicrit without removing randomized crits. Then they began adding hats for preordering other games on Steam. It's not the hats that make me mad, it's the fact that something is unattainable in the game unless I buy a separate game. A lot of the stock maps are down right horrible making certain classes useless. The gave spy invincibility basically with reduced damage if your dead ringer got activated. (dead ringer, grab ammo box, uncloak, dead ringer, grab ammo box, uncloak, dead ringer, grab ammo box, uncloak, dead ringer, grab ammo box, uncloak). If they added servers where no unlocks or anything could be used and it was just basic gameplay, I might think about playing some TF2 again.

Wait, so the bolt-actions all do the same damage now apparently, but what about the auto's like the SVU or VSS? I'm assuming the SV98 is choice now.

Depends... the Gol has no sway, I think the SV98 still has sway.

Hardcore aside, what dissapointed me is that the M95 is now the same as the other snipers in terms of damage drop. Before, it had the largest 100 damage range and it dropped down to its minimum much later than the other snipers... which meant if you had magnum ammo it had a reasonably good range where it could 1 shot someone, hence the red dot M95 was pretty damn fun. Now it's just... wtf...

I'm still going to use the Gol since in practice it's still the most accurate sniper which is what matters when all their damages are the same.

I just played my first round since the patch.

Liking the new tracer dart.

Not liking the new knife. Yeah, I wanted it harder to kill, but a backstab should still kill in 1 knifing. I walked up to someone from the side to try and knife them, heard the slosh of hitting them, saw the blood, then was like "oh crap" when I realised they hadn't gone down!

I think the issue on the knife is that you used to "charge". Now if they are on an incline from you there is no charge and fail is the result. so jump and slash down instead.

Depends... the Gol has no sway, I think the SV98 still has sway.

Hardcore aside, what dissapointed me is that the M95 is now the same as the other snipers in terms of damage drop. Before, it had the largest 100 damage range and it dropped down to its minimum much later than the other snipers... which meant if you had magnum ammo it had a reasonably good range where it could 1 shot someone, hence the red dot M95 was pretty damn fun. Now it's just... wtf...

I'm still going to use the Gol since in practice it's still the most accurate sniper which is what matters when all their damages are the same.

The M95 is now the worst of the bolt actions. Slowest fire rate, slowest reload time and it doesn't even get the 3.25x multiplier that the other ones get.

Most of the unlocks were pure shit and the added too many legitimate ways to crit/minicrit without removing randomized crits. Then they began adding hats for preordering other games on Steam. It's not the hats that make me mad, it's the fact that something is unattainable in the game unless I buy a separate game. A lot of the stock maps are down right horrible making certain classes useless. The gave spy invincibility basically with reduced damage if your dead ringer got activated. (dead ringer, grab ammo box, uncloak, dead ringer, grab ammo box, uncloak, dead ringer, grab ammo box, uncloak, dead ringer, grab ammo box, uncloak). If they added servers where no unlocks or anything could be used and it was just basic gameplay, I might think about playing some TF2 again.

Exactly. It was a great game right out of the door, and maybe from the first few updates but as soon as they started doing all that silly shit it got out of hand and the game fell to pieces. Looks like we might see something similar going on with BC2, with this new SPECACT DLC stuff. At least it doesn't actually alter gameplay, so probably not.

The M95 is now the worst of the bolt actions. Slowest fire rate, slowest reload time and it doesn't even get the 3.25x multiplier that the other ones get.

That's interesting... the 2.1 vs. 3.25 didn't matter before since it'd be a single shot to the head regardless, but now with the M95 if you don't have magnum ammo and someone has body armor, 2.1 * 50 = 105 damage... that means the guy with body armor lives.

HOWEVER... I think this is completely different on consoles... the stats site says that all guns with a 2.1x head multiplier has a 1.25x damage increase on consoles. I guess this implies that the M95 actually stands out on consoles whereas on PC it's honestly worthless now.

I'm getting strange hiccups too. Things seem to slow down to a crawl all of a sudden. FPS goes into single figures for about 2 seconds. Something is very wrong. It does it on all servers and normally leads to a death.

Thank you EA/DICE for listening to your customers, fans, and community. We already bought the game, you already have our money, and you could have bounced out and not given a fuck about us like so many other game developers have done in the past, are doing now, and will always do.

Thanks for giving a shit, sorry you have to keep listening to people bitch and complain and take what you did for granted.

People bitch and complain about simple stuff that developers have been doing well for years now. Like a server browser, team balancing etc... It doesn't seem ridiculous to demand a good product for your money.

The sniper rifle nerf seems pointless, but the mortar nerf is well deserved, though I think a few shells should still take out a tank.

You can still 1 shot a tank with the UAV if you hit it in the back or top dead center.

People bitch and complain about simple stuff that developers have been doing well for years now. Like a server browser, team balancing etc... It doesn't seem ridiculous to demand a good product for your money.

The sniper rifle nerf seems pointless, but the mortar nerf is well deserved, though I think a few shells should still take out a tank.

You can still 1 shot a tank with the UAV if you hit it in the back or top dead center.

with the tracer gun buff I don't think taking out tanks/vehicles will be a problem anymore

with the tracer gun buff I don't think taking out tanks/vehicles will be a problem anymore

Tracer dart speed is awesome now but it's still a matter of time before people figure out how to lock-on to that dart or at least find a way to read chat while playing at the same time when someone explains how to lock-on :confused:

Tracer dart speed is awesome now but it's still a matter of time before people figure out how to lock-on to that dart or at least find a way to read chat while playing at the same time when someone explains how to lock-on :confused:

Please explain how to lock on. I mostly fire my CG straight on because I can't figure out the lock on.

Please explain how to lock on. I mostly fire my CG straight on because I can't figure out the lock on.

After the tracer dart is planted you'll have a little red box on the vehicle, just stare at it in your sights until you see distance pop up. Just make sure your projectile can have line of sight and fire away. You can lock-on behind a rock or wall and fire over/around it and hit your target.

After the tracer dart is planted you'll have a little red box on the vehicle, just stare at it in your sights until you see distance pop up. Just make sure your projectile can have line of sight and fire away. You can lock-on behind a rock or wall and fire over/around it and hit your target.

I've stared for a few seconds before. Does it take about 5 or more seconds for it to finally lock on?

Back