Bad Company 2 Beta - thoughts, opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only use assualt for blowing the m-comms with the seiga, which rules.
Medic for general defence/offence

I love sniper and my best round is 26 kills with just the m24. I will get past the 20 kill mark for the game playing recon pretty easily.

Engie is my 2nd favorite class after sniper, mostly because it allows me to rape everyones face in a tank or chopper.

I prefer the following classes in order: Medic, Assault, Engineer, Recon. The reason I do not like recon right now is because the beta mode was rush. You can not rush effectively with a sniper weapon. Snipers piss me off as most care about their k/d. I am constant 20 to 30 kills a round with a medic as I play like the mode was intended... Rushing with a squad. I enjoy the snipers on the other side because that leave fewer to rush while I am behind cover. IMO, on the attacking side, noobs don't lose games on rush... Snipers do.

In rush, there should prob only be 2-3 snipers on a 32 man team. Its good to have a few snipers camping taking out the defenders snipers and campers. But when there are 10+ snipers on the attacking team, they are probably not going to get past the first two MCOMs.

I prefer the good old assault class. Guns work great in close-medium range combat, and will be even better once I can finally use the 4x scope. I'll admit though, that a lot of people could find it to be the most boring class due to its lack of specialization, but I feel it provides the most satisfying gunplay.

I prefer the following classes in order: Medic, Assault, Engineer, Recon. The reason I do not like recon right now is because the beta mode was rush. You can not rush effectively with a sniper weapon. Snipers piss me off as most care about their k/d. I am constant 20 to 30 kills a round with a medic as I play like the mode was intended... Rushing with a squad. I enjoy the snipers on the other side because that leave fewer to rush while I am behind cover. IMO, on the attacking side, noobs don't lose games on rush... Snipers do.

be my friend too..

Anyone have trouble with teammates who had NO idea how to play the game? I didn't play the PC beta but had a go at the 360 demo, and a lot of players didn't have any idea what the point of the game mode was. They failed to understand that attackers aren't supposed to guard their own spawn area or stand around doing nothing while a charge is counting down on the crate they're supposed to be defending.

I had a teammate sniping last night, we were attackers and he was sniping two bases behind. I accidentally spawned on him and had to shoot him in the face(HC, FF ON). Then I proceeded to tell him to learn how to play lol. Jeeeez

Is the beta officially over? Can't connect to EA servers to login (first time that has happened)...

Is the beta officially over? Can't connect to EA servers to login (first time that has happened)...

Ended today, Feb. 25.

Anyone have trouble with teammates who had NO idea how to play the game? I didn't play the PC beta but had a go at the 360 demo, and a lot of players didn't have any idea what the point of the game mode was. They failed to understand that attackers aren't supposed to guard their own spawn area or stand around doing nothing while a charge is counting down on the crate they're supposed to be defending.
Most people in the PC beta seem to know how to play the game by now, but there are still people who like to snipe on the rock. I played the PS3 demo and it was the opposite; people didn't seem to know how to play. I had a bunch of people camping the rock and a bunch of people camping the UAV station. There were also people who sat next to an armed charge and just watched it blow up. I never got past the first area as an attacker.

Last edited:
This week is the calm before the storm for me... BC2 gets released on Tuesday then ACII a week after that. March is going to be a fun and extremely unproductive month for me.

The rock sniping can be handy if you have a charge set and you need to keep the defenders from defusing it. Otherwise all it does is shit people off.

There's no reason to ever snipe from the rock unless you're just wanting to piss people off, or wanting to figure out the drop on bullets. Wookies are not meant to make up 90% of the team, as it did in the beta.

Already going through Bad Company 2 withdrawal. Halp. :mad:

Don't worry! Just a few more days!

I just hope they have enough servers up or no server problems like the first few days of BETA.. that was horrible. I hope they learned their lesson from that.

I was assuming you meant the slow loading server list no? Since in that video I remember seeing him load it up rather quickly. What were you refering too?

Fast...?
It seemed slow to load 1 (one) server.

Plus, you still can't change to favorite while it's loading the whole thing.
That is so annoying.

Once again the beta ended on the 25th.

Ive been playing Star Trek Online, borg missions are kinda fun lol

Fast...?
It seemed slow to load 1 (one) server.

Plus, you still can't change to favorite while it's loading the whole thing.
That is so annoying.

Open your eyes a little further. The video clearly showed that he was connecting to 'DICE SUPERDUPER SERVER' or something of the like. Obviously something local.

Open your eyes a little further. The video clearly showed that he was connecting to 'DICE SUPERDUPER SERVER' or something of the like. Obviously something local.

Yeah a local server.

The Server Browser will likely be the same in the final release. The DICE server browsers have always been a pain, no change there.

But, I agree with Vorret, waiting for the list to populate is a pain. A simple click on Favourites can't be that hard can it?

I'm having bad company 2 withdrawals.
Its all i've been playing the last few weeks.
Need... something... to... play... for... four... days....

Haha, I was so bummed that the Beta ended! I'm pumped for the official release. It can't come soon enough. I haven't had this much fun with a large scale mullti-player FPS since Battlefield 1942!!!

Haha, I was so bummed that the Beta ended! I'm pumped for the official release. It can't come soon enough. I haven't had this much fun with a large scale mullti-player FPS since Battlefield 1942!!!

werd

last game I enjoyed like this was BF2: SF

I thought I would be able to play last night and was looking forward to my last hoorah with the Beta haha. Tuesday seems far away. I might take a vacation day Tuesday cause if the Steam version is released at Midnight on Monday, theres no way I am getting any sleep.

I thought I would be able to play last night and was looking forward to my last hoorah with the Beta haha. Tuesday seems far away. I might take a vacation day Tuesday cause if the Steam version is released at Midnight on Monday, theres no way I am getting any sleep.

It won't be midnight on Monday, it's going to be released mid day on Tuesday. Around 3PM PST iirc.

Maybe, I was actually going by the STEAM release time... Sometimes I forget there are other ways to purchase games. :)

Well if you check out the steam store page for BC2, it currently says "The game will unlock in approximately 4 days and 6 hours.

I have bf1942, bf2, bf2142, Modern Combat, and heroes, and i have 4 points. So the first one doesnt give you any I guess.
Cant find my damn Vietnam key anywhere :(

You can create an account for battlefield heroes, its free, and will give you a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back