• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Bad colors in WMP!

Zarathustra[H]

Extremely [H]
2FA
Joined
Oct 29, 2000
Messages
42,406
Hey...

At some point I must have installed some sort of plugin or DX filter that messes up the color of all videos I play in Windows Media Player.

I'm not sure what did it, though. I just went and uninstalled everything that I could find in the start menu and add-remove programs but no luck fixing it.

Is there a list of installed filters in windows somewhere I can look at to try to determine which one might be messing things up for me?

Any other suggestions welcome!

Thanks.
 
First thing I'd check are the video overlay gamma setting in display properties. Although it's rare, I've had those settings go crazy on my 6800 which caused the gamma for the video overlay to go extremely high causing major color issues on WMP.
 
turn off like wmv acceleration
i had that problem, had to turn off 1 acceleration thing
fogot what it was tho
 
Thanks for both of your suggestions. Good things to look at that I had not thought of.

Turns out it was a hardware option in WMP that was set incorrectly. I switched it to "high quakity mode" from "overlay mode" and now it looks the way it should!
 
Back
Top