Backup PSU

nuprotocol

n00b
Joined
Apr 23, 2012
Messages
18
Just wanted to get a good count. With black friday coming, I'm thinking of getting a backup PSU.

How many of you keep a spare PSU or backup PSU just in case your current one fails?
 
I have more than one PC that I can borrow a PSU from should I need to troubleshoot a failed one. Keeping hardware like that on hand for a "just in case" scenario doesn't make much sense to a consumer. If it was for a business and the PC not running meant losing money then I could see keeping spare parts around.
 
I have had an extra supply from time to time but I don't think I have one since I sold my what I believe is my last good spare to a friend. Anyways I do have more than 1 desktop machine. So if the 5 year supply on my linux based htpc dies I can borrow the one from the windows development box and just use my windows laptop (no development there its way too slow for the size of my projects) until I get a new supply.
 
I have more than one PC that I can borrow a PSU from should I need to troubleshoot a failed one. Keeping hardware like that on hand for a "just in case" scenario doesn't make much sense to a consumer. If it was for a business and the PC not running meant losing money then I could see keeping spare parts around.

Pretty much the same situation for me: I have good PSUs in all of the PCs at home so I don't ever keep "spare" PSUs around.

But a backup PSU wouldn't hurt if you don't have any PCs in the home with a good PSU.
 
Thanks for the info guys. I also have a really good psu in my 2ng rig. I'll just rely on that. Thanks!
 
Back
Top