Backing up your offices Mac systems?

MrGuvernment

Fully [H]
need to pick your brains!

we have 4 IMac's in the office, all of our other systems are windows 7 and i use roaming profiles and folder redirection...the OSX boxes have network shares

how ever... i wanted to look into what can i use to automatically backup the OSX boxes?

My storage server i am using to dump this data to is Windows / NTFS so i dont think the included software works to dump across a network to an NTFS systems so i was curious as to what may be my options, or what are other people using?

What server is the NTFS share on? You might want to install the Service for NFS in order for NTFS to be served as NFS. After that, you should be able to utilize the bundled backup app in OSX to backup to the share.

Backing up your offices Mac systems?

Why would you have to do this?
Mac's never fail, never have viruses, and when you leave them
idle, they actually generate more energy than they use, through
their patented unicorn fart regeneration system :D

need to pick your brains!

we have 4 IMac's in the office, all of our other systems are windows 7 and i use roaming profiles and folder redirection...the OSX boxes have network shares

how ever... i wanted to look into what can i use to automatically backup the OSX boxes?

My storage server i am using to dump this data to is Windows / NTFS so i dont think the included software works to dump across a network to an NTFS systems so i was curious as to what may be my options, or what are other people using?

Need to back up the whole Mac? You know roaming profiles on a domain will work on the Mac too right?

lol stiltner...

Thanks for the links and suggestions, will try that out...

these systems arent on our domain due to Lion's crappy broken AD support when it was first released, i tried with 2 systems and with the issue of it always dropping the domain on login forcing you to have to boot into the terminal mode / reinstall mode and reset all of the permission , i said screw it!, or at least when it first came out, not sure if they have fixed the issue with updates or not, cause i had originally wanted to do that...

Buy an external HD for each one and use Time Machine, or point them all to the network server to use as Time Machine

Back