Backing up Software Before Reinstall?

GUL

n00b
hi i need some advice on backing up software such as adobe photoshop... realplayer 10 and div x microsoft office?? is it possible

i do not have the original cd for them i think they came pre installed
thanx

i need to back them up because i want to reinstall them after i have reinstalled windows xp

what type of restore media came with the machine, did they give you actual cd's or another
partition on the drive to restore from, or no restore media.

if you have restore cd's then you may be able to use them to install the software in question.
my old toshiba laptop does this nicely, just install windows then insert the first restore disc
and it produces a menu of softwares and drivers you can install.

my parents new HP they picked up at wal-mart however, uses a seperate partition on the
hard disk for the restore media, making it damn near impossibel to do anything but a restore
install.

if you got no media at all, chances are you would have to pay to have it shipped to you.

what i'm getting at is, no, you can't back up the apps and restore them, you need the install
media. though some would say it can be done, and yes in theory it could be, but it's more
trouble than it's worth.

Thanx for the replys guys

is their no free programs that would back up my programs??
the programs i want to back up are

realplayer v10
divx
quicktime

would i be able to download these for free from somewhere ?

and no i dont have a restor cd or restore point

Rofl-Mic-Lofl said:
Are yours the professional editions that cost $$? If not, you can download the standard ones for free.
i have no idea
oh well

Back