Back to fully operational.

tjmagneto

[H]ard DCOTM x2
Joined
Aug 6, 2008
Messages
3,299
Back a while I found out my system was running way too hot. So I had to scale back a bit and regroup to see how I can get my PPD back up to speed. I went with the go big option and got me a refurb CM ATCS 840 case and after some tinkering I'm back up to full speed.

Now for some obligatory pictures:
img2577jg.jpg

size comparison. I brought out the old beige box for my old Athlon XP.

img2579k.jpg

Time to operate! The black box is an GPU exhaust duct. It works great to get the heat out since my GPU coolers dump hot air inside the case.

img2584i.jpg

Look at the room!

img2583a.jpg

The slot covers below the fan controller came from the Element S. I have a fan in the bottom bay for more intake CFM.

I'm back to getting around 40k per day and the temps are way better.
 
I really loved the look of the Element S so I bought one a few months ago, but I was not happy with the temps (running SLi) or the noise (especially since it has a door). I also had the ATCS, man that is a huge case. ;)
 
I thought I bought the monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey when I pulled it out of the box. The S was nice for a first case but I outgrew it with all the stuff I was adding on.
What's really nice with the 840 is the fan on the HD cage blows air across the video cards and exits out the back through the GPU exhaust. The duct is great for the way my GPUs are set up but probably not necessary for stock cards.
 
Oh my... those numbers... I want your system, that's incredible :)
 
Back
Top