Back online

relic

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - August 2007
...after 4.5 days with no power, phones or Internet (thanks Ike).
Whose ever heard of a hurricane in Cincinnati OH?

No rain, just 80mph winds. Trees down everywhere. 400 wires down in the county, 100 in my township. Arms are pretty sore after 4 days of running a Stihl 660 to clear the road and the neighbors' homes. Would have liked to have my 260s but they were in the shop when Ike hit and the place was closed due to no power so I couldn't get them.

Now I can drive to work (oh, joy).

Friend of mine in Columbus, Oh - same problems. He had power but no internet for 4 days.
My kids are North of Dayton, Oh and only got wind and little tree damage.

In Chicago, we got 10"+ of rain over the weekend and are living throught the obliogatory flash flood from the rain.

My parents have had their power since Tuesday and they live in BFE Highland county. WTF is your power company and why did they fail?

Man, it's good to hear you're "up and cookin'" again Mr relic. Things were just entirely too quiet around here without your witty and sometimes foreign language posts :eek:

Glad to have you back up and posting from an outpost in OH :p

DC'n and Foldin' for the CURE

too bad you missed the new 3 millions PPD milestone that we crossed recently. However, I'm glad you are back in action so kick some asses and get us to 4 millions PPD !!

Damn, trimming and cutting downed trees with a 660. That blows. We have an 044 and that thing is a beast to carry for any length of time.

We missed the winds by 60 miles or so.

Glad to have ya back.

welcome back, glad to hear you're okay.

My parents were out of power for a 2 days (live in Elk County, PA) I had to run home from school to help cut up a couple of trees that fell over. They didn't nearly have it as bad as you though. I like my Stihl MS360 Pro makes quick work of fairly good sized trees.

Thank God I have a lightsabre for incidents such as these. :p;)

Trust me guys, I was making all kinds of noise. ;)
Good to be back, thanks.

Truly amazing that I was in the path of Ike (DFW, TX) and we didn't get bubkiss!!! We got enough rain to make my grass green and a little wind. It sounds as if Ike picked up steam after leaving northern TX.

Glad to hear that you are up and running though.

Back