Baby For Sale On Craigslist

HardOCP News

[H] News
I guess it’s true, you can get just about anything on Craigslist, even a 7 day old baby. The parents claim it was a hoax, Canadian authorities didn’t see the humor in the “joke” and removed the kid from the home. Oddly enough, a German couple pulled the exact same thing just a few days ago on eBay. Maybe they can all share a jail cell.

Police said the advertisement described the baby as "very cute" and "unexpected" and that its parents, who could not afford to care for it, wanted to give it a good home. The child was put in the care of social workers.

Just wow. If it were a hoax you wouldn't be stupid enough to put your phone number in the advertisement. Idiots.

I wonder if it would've been just a hoax if the Canadian agencies hadn't caught that.

Sorry to be the forum asshole, but I don't see what the parents did wrong. The Adoption system is so corrupt and with abortions on everyones mind and the demand for babies, I think this is a viable alternative.

It's not like they left the kid in a dumpster or used a coathanger. And seriously, why shouldn't you be compensated for 9 months of labor? Regular system adoptions does nothing to compensate the mother.

umm...if the adoption agency began a policy of buying babies, that would lead to a major shitstorm of people breeding for money. There are already documented cases of people doing this for help "raising the baby" (yeah, right). That would just cut out that step.

Is the front page broke for anyone else? Like, the page comes up, but after the "YOU ARE THE REVIEWER" ad from BenQ theres nothing untill the bottom of the page....

what i do? :( ?

Sorry to be the forum asshole, but I don't see what the parents did wrong. The Adoption system is so corrupt and with abortions on everyones mind and the demand for babies, I think this is a viable alternative.

It's not like they left the kid in a dumpster or used a coathanger. And seriously, why shouldn't you be compensated for 9 months of labor? Regular system adoptions does nothing to compensate the mother.

So don't have sex or use a condom or BCP maybe? Surely you can't suggest everyone do this.

umm...if the adoption agency began a policy of buying babies, that would lead to a major shitstorm of people breeding for money. There are already documented cases of people doing this for help "raising the baby" (yeah, right). That would just cut out that step.

Yeah, but it would cut out the 7-10 year wait that adoptive parents are waiting. :p

So don't have sex or use a condom or BCP maybe? Surely you can't suggest everyone do this.

Obviously that would be a common assumption. I was just playing devils advocate. :p

Is the front page broke for anyone else? Like, the page comes up, but after the "YOU ARE THE REVIEWER" ad from BenQ theres nothing untill the bottom of the page....

what i do? :( ?

I am seeing the same thing. Or not seeing as the case may be.

That is much cheaper than abortion. Shipping wouldn't be that expensive the handling is what would make in a bit pricey. This would be best as a local pick up, I'd even included some placenta as well.

Look at it this way,they did the kid a favor.Would you want to be raised by someone dumb enough to think they could get away with this?:eek:

I personally think it's a funny hoax... On the level of the numerous "chinese slaves" offered for sale on eBay.

I also don't believe they should be charged for anything, since technically, they didn't do anything. I can't go to jail for telling people I'm selling drugs... I actually have to make a transaction... (Or, at least, be caught with drugs, but I couldn't think of any other analogy 15 minutes after waking up).

for some reason I'm always pleased when I see local news (for me) make it out into the international news... even if it is for this kind of stuff.

Yeah...I'll give that a shot...

Not!

lol

What I meant is that if you're going to complain about suffering through labor, at least acknowledge it's your own damn fault. Nobody said you had to have sex.

I also don't believe they should be charged for anything, since technically, they didn't do anything. I can't go to jail for telling people I'm selling drugs... I actually have to make a transaction... (Or, at least, be caught with drugs, but I couldn't think of any other analogy 15 minutes after waking up).

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can go to jail for telling people you are selling drugs, assuming you are in America.

just goes to match the story that just happened on Egeh, same thing only they were selling it. $2.00 starting bid.

2 please! I love babies! lol

me too, they're great for all sorts of ingredients.

MarineResearchGuy.jpg

I read about the german ebay posting that received very similar treatment, but it contained much more hilarity.
"Offering my nearly new baby for sale, as it has gotten too loud. It is a male baby, nearly 28in (70cm) long and can be used either in a baby carrier or a stroller."

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can go to jail for telling people you are selling drugs, assuming you are in America.

I... Hope not. Might as well arrest people for drinking at a bar if they carry their car keys outside for a smoke... Or heaven forbid, someone needs to grab something from their trunk.

Can you source that at all for me? I'd be very much interested.

I... Hope not. Might as well arrest people for drinking at a bar if they carry their car keys outside for a smoke... Or heaven forbid, someone needs to grab something from their trunk.

Can you source that at all for me? I'd be very much interested.

They already arrest people for having a key in the ignition if you're drunk and sitting behind the wheel, even if you're just sitting there listening to the radio waiting to sober up and your car isn't running.

As a parent myself, the idea of something like this is just disgusting. Then again, I actually care about my child.

They already arrest people for having a key in the ignition if you're drunk and sitting behind the wheel, even if you're just sitting there listening to the radio waiting to sober up and your car isn't running.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you don't even have to be in your car much less have the keys in the ignition to get busted. If you are anywhere near your car and you have keys to it on you, they can get you. This could be different from state to state, though, and depends on the cop as well.

In order to get a DUI, you have to be in the car with the keys in the ignition. Pending how your car is, if you have an older car with no middle partition and don't have a seatbelt on (sitting on passenger side in parked car) you can get a free ride to jail
If you went to a cop and said 'i sell loads of cocaine to 12 year old midgets that like 90 year old men' They would haul your ass to jail, question you, get a search warrant and then if was true. Meet Bubbles your new cell mate.

I guess it’s true, you can get just about anything on Craigslist, even a 7 day old baby. The parents claim it was a hoax, Canadian authorities didn’t see the humor in the “joke” and removed the kid from the home. Oddly enough, a German couple pulled the exact same thing just a few days ago on eBay. Maybe they can all share a jail cell.

I guess it worked. The Canadian authorities "won" the auction and took the baby... The parents are smarter than I thought. ;)

Some news stories are totally worthless... this isn't even a news worth story without the sensational headline. Very good chance this is really all a joke... story is so sparse there is no reason to believe they intended to sell the child. Maybe police should have attempted to buy the child to have proof of their intentions or something?

This has to be some of the worst news.

Some people, having fun, tell a joke, and get their ass slammed in jail and their kid taken away????

That's a terrible day people.
I feel so sorry for all three people involved, and I guess I feel sorry for the authorities too, because it means they have no hearts.

If the parents sold the baby to someone in NY, the state would have charged them tax...

Internet Baby Tax... IBT... Sounds like the next big thing on NY's law table.

Back