B350, B450, or X470?

Xa3phod

Limp Gawd
Currently, have an MSI Tomahawk B350. I can return it until the end of the month. Should I return it and get a B450 or X470? Does it matter at all? Running an R7 1700 @ 3.9Ghz.

Thanks

If its running fine, probably just keep it.

The 400 series really improved RAM compatibility and timings from what I’ve seen, but if the 300 is working ok for you, the incremental value isnt huge.

I probably wouldn't. You can always see what the 5XX boards look like if you want to move to the Zen 3000 lineup. Otherwise, I'd just keep what you have. I've used 1XXX and 2XXX chips on a B350 board and on my X470 board and I couldn't tell a difference. As long as your RAM is performing like you'd expect, I wouldn't swap.

Currently, have an MSI Tomahawk B350. I can return it until the end of the month. Should I return it and get a B450 or X470? Does it matter at all? Running an R7 1700 @ 3.9Ghz.

Thanks
I would return it and get a B450 or X470, definitely.

I probably wouldn't. You can always see what the 5XX boards look like if you want to move to the Zen 3000 lineup. Otherwise, I'd just keep what you have. I've used 1XXX and 2XXX chips on a B350 board and on my X470 board and I couldn't tell a difference. As long as your RAM is performing like you'd expect, I wouldn't swap.
Sometimes, you can't get memory to run at specified speeds on the X370 boards - it seems limited to this chipset. I think that suggests an issue and I would move up to at least B450 given a choice - if you don't have to spend money or too much money on the upgrade.

Back