B-Stock EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti FTW $299

Any thoughts if I should get a 980ti vs 1070? Any other differences besides 150w vs 250w TDP?

Any thoughts if I should get a 980ti vs 1070? Any other differences besides 150w vs 250w TDP?

980ti does get hot and loud while GTX1070 will be super quiet and cool. Performance wise they're on par. It's up to you.

1070. Async compute runs better on Pascal and we'll probably see more of it in the future.

Get the 1070. You can find a new one for around 50-60 dollars more. And its faster. Order one from Jet.com & if you're a first time shopper you get 15% off.

I'd take a 980Ti over a 1070 IF the price had been $249, minimum. That's about $100 less than a used 1070.

$299 is fair at the very least but not worth it over a 1070 in general.

Great price! Hmmmmm in my case going SLI would be better than the side grade the 1070 is. Need to think about it...

980ti does get hot and loud while GTX1070 will be super quiet and cool. Performance wise they're on par. It's up to you.
Actually that is not true, even the reference design is doing fine in a well vented case, I had one folding for a month with 3 intake fans and it was very quiet,

Actually that is not true, even the reference design is doing fine in a well vented case, I had one folding for a month with 3 intake fans and it was very quiet,
It is most certainly true for the reference model. I had one of the best cases out there for airflow and the reference 980 Ti was very hot and the only way to keep it cool was to make it loud as hell. And even with the fan cranked it would drop boost like crazy after gaming for a while. I sent that pos back and got the MSI Gaming card and it was night and day difference. The MSI card could attain much higher boost while running very cool and not being heard at all.

I sent that pos back and got the MSI Gaming card and it was night and day difference. The MSI card could attain much higher boost while running very cool and not being heard at all.

I have the MSI Gaming as well and it's a dream. I've never even heard it :) I'll never buy another blower style cooler unless the airflow in my case is poop.

drivers may be more mature on the 980ti but will be phased out sooner 1070 is newer tech I went that direction. multi card SLI is better on AMD right now.

Back