• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

B & H Refusing refund because "Bent Pins"

No shit sherlock...so the question is....who bent the pins? I cannot say 100% I did just as B&H cannot say they 100% did not.
The only way I can think i bent them is if the plastic protective cover bent them while packing mobo back up to ship.....but there is about a million ways I can think of how they bent them.
if you didn't take photos before you sent it back then nobody to blame but yourself, unfortunate but just remember in case you need to send one back in the future.
 
After hearing about Newegg and their CS/TS starting their bent pin bs years ago. That combined with Asus blatantly attempting to send me the same broken MB I returned, as a replacement (they didn't know I had written down the serial number prior to returning it). I now take pictures of everything when RMAing something.
When I did QC/ISO certification for a industrial marine switchgear company we would have to take pics of all the calibrated gauges and completed switchgear marine components. Why do you ask?, they would purposely steal meters and claim that we did not supply them or that we used defective parts. Warranty scam was the agenda. The customers were a branch of the military.
 
Last edited:
FINALLY after nearly 3 months got my refund posted today because PAYPAL ruled in my favor.

B&H dragged their feet some more and tried some bullshit saying they never received the RMA mobo and I had to produce the shipping receipt from Mail Man Joeys and the tracking info showing B&H did in fact receive it....what a fucking pain in the ass...............
 
When I did QC/ISO certification for a industrial marine switchgear company we would have to take pics of all the calibrated gauges and completed switchgear marine components. Why do you ask?, they would purposely steal meters and claim that we did not supply them or that we used defective parts. Warranty scam was the agenda. The customers were a branch of the military.
I am NOT surprised lol
 
I bought a 14900k, MSI mobo and Ram from B&H three weeks ago....and it sat unused for a week until my Hyte Thicc 60 cooler came.

Could not get the system stable no matter what I tried...always something, nothing but headaches....gave me flash backs to 2007 overheating intel builds.

I've been building PCs since the mid 80's and have zero problems with my AMD 7950x3D rig.
So after two weeks of nothing but problems I gave up and sent it all back to B&H for a refund.

So I check my refund status today and its $330 short....go thru my emails and yep sure enough, message from B&H saying the motherboard pins are damaged and they are returning it back to me. LOL TOTAL BULLSHIT....and a page right from scummy Asus book.

So I filed an appeal and also a claim with paypal....paypal phone CSRs were horrid so had to go the email route on that.

I also called MSI USA to get their opinion on the matter and they were very gracious, said they usually charge $50 for pins repair, but would wave that cost and also supply prepaid label. I thanked them and said hopefully it would not have to come to that.

Man...I've been buying from B&H forever and was going to go with a 7800x3d setup with the refund money, but now....I don't think I will be buying anything from them again.
Yeh, they jerked my chain like that with a Sony Laptop. I will never deal with them again.
 
Last edited:
Yeh, they jerked my chain like that on me on with a Sony Laptop. I will never deal with them again.
Yea I ended up RMA'ing with MSI, getting a new mobo with perfect pins and even then B&H took me to the wall with forcing a chargeback with paypal, even after they accepted the new mobo......man....I use to enjoy ordering stuff from them......
 
Back
Top