Axent Cat-ear headphones w/ built in speakers on IndieGoGo

dandragonrage

[H]F Junkie
Not sure how many of you will be into this, but I'm sure a few will be interested.

I've been following this project on Indiegogo for a couple weeks now and it was just extended the other day to end later this month.

A pair of headphones with built in speakers which are designed to look like cat ears. The speakers can be switched on and off. Occasionally I do find myself out and about with headphones - maybe I take them to a friend's house - and friends want to hear something but I have no speakers on hand. Have had this happen in LAN parties. So these, for me, would be occasionally useful. As for style, I have not always wished to have cat ear headphones, but I think they are kind of cool in a certain way and I would wear 'em. I like the 'professional' style of my Beyerdynamics and AKGs and such, but I'd rock the cat ears as well. Not sure if I'm buying them yet or not but the decision for me is entirely dependent on money. I doubt they will sound as good as my Beyerdynamic DT990s or AKG Q801s etc. but they will probably sound reasonably good.

Some specs have been presented but are subject to change (and personally I hope to hear that they will be upgrading them to even better drivers given that they're hitting 10x or more of their original goal) - 32 ohms for one. They do use batteries for the speakers and LEDs but they are not wireless. I assume they will likely work as only headphones w/ no batteries but I am not sure of that.

They also have LED lights which I don't really care about personally. The image below shows all 4 of their colors and the price shown in this image is for all 4 colors (4 pairs), not per pair.

THE PRICE IN THIS IMAGE IS FOR 4 PAIRS
20141008083203-combo.jpg

http://igg.me/at/AxentWear/x

One of the updates from the campaign said:
- 20Hz - 20KHz Frequency response
- 40 mm driver
- 32 ohm Impedance
- 6 hour battery life
- USB charging and 3.5 mm Jack included
- 6.6ft detachable cable
- Over-ear-cushioning
- Built in volume control plus forward and backward buttons included
- Inline mic included (to be upgraded a detachable gaming boom mic if we reach the 1.5 million stretch goal) [Note: They did reach this goal]
- On and off LED light button
- Approximately 280-300 grams in weight [Note: I don't know if this includes the batteries, though the weight is of no concern whatsoever to me.]

Anyone else find these interesting? Anyone else ordering them?

Last edited:
Back