Award for worst MB manual of all time goes to...

BoogerBomb

Supreme [H]ardness
XFX. They are assuming that everyone that buys their product knows every part of every computer inside out. It has jumpers on the board that have no explanation whatsoever in the manual. None of the BIOS screen options are explained. There are numeric LED's on the back that are not mentioned in the manual that I assume are for troubleshooting but since there is no troubleshooting section at all you get to make up your own chart I guess.

Its all of 4 pages total including the cover. There is a photocopy insert of their auto overclocking option.

Cmon XFX at least but SOME effort into documentation.

EDIT: Im a tard and realized that it only comes with a quick install guide in paper format. The full manual is on the cd only.

ANy of that kind of manual makers should be painfully reeducated by being forced to wath "Bold and beautiful" 24/day for 3 years :p

You need full manual, if things go wrong and you can't start the machine. Yet, full manual is on CD, so you can't access it. "Catch 22" at its best. Can understand when it's done with something like phone, tv set or watever else. But mobo manuals should be printed... at least with board layout and troubleshooting guide.

The sad thing is that a manual on a CD is cheaper than printing a dead-tree version. Yet the latter is so much more convenient. It does say something about how XFX views its customers compared to its bottom line, I guess.

With some cheap switches and such I got the (completely) unnecessary manual, which was probably a PDF of a few MB, on a 700 MB CD. At least I get piles of coasters this way. Didn't quite know what to do after AOL and kin stopped sending me coasters every few weeks :)

Back