Avexir 2x2GB DDR3 1333mhz 1.5v $34 shipped at MWave

SJetski71

Fully [H]
Edit: Dead deal, no more free shipping. But stop back in a few days and free shipping may return.

Link: http://www.mwave.com/mwave/SKUSearc...3U13330902G-2SW Standard 4GB kit (2GB x 2) du

Or just go to www.mwave.com and search for Mwave Part No: BA42027

Edit: some great deals on G.Skill 8gb (2x4gb) kits posted in post #5 below (thx bastage)

I know some of you have $5 Mwave gift certificates laying around, apply it to this sale and get it for $29 shipped. You can get $5 gift certificates by reviewing products on their site, products you already own that is. Takes about 2-3 days to receive the gift code via email, not sure if this sale will still be on by then though. Mwave also has decent customer service in my experience so if you get a bad stick of ram they'll take care of it with minimal fuss.

This stuff is compatible with Intel's Sandy Bridge and is recognized correctly, it's even capable of some moderate overclocking.

Here's a previous deal thread on this ram:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1576243

Last edited:
GOOD DEAL!

How reputable is the brand though?
Not sure how reputable the brand is, i think they are new in NA, but for a low-down-dirty-budget-build this is some great stuff. Their other models get high marks by users, google "Avexir Elpida" for some more info. Apparently some of their other models use Elpida BBSE chips (really good stuff) but i don't know what chips this model uses so we can't assume they're Elpida BBSE.

I have 12 gigs of this stuff now and all of them have been running like champs. 8 gigs are in my Sandy Bridge build, and 4 gigs in an AM3 build.

I also have 4 gigs of the Avexir "budget" DDR3 sticks and even those are detected perfectly and run just fine.

That's a total of 16 gigs of Avexir DDR3 that i got really lucky with, no bad sticks, no errors, nothing!

they're a bit like supertalent a few years ago in that they've been doing branded stuff for other companies but only recently started selling under their own brand name.

Its an good price for 4gb, But at the 8gb mark the price for this isnt too hot since you can get g.skill for the same cost per gb here (with the promo code listed) or faster 1600 mhz ram here for 5 bucks more (again with promo)..

Its an good price for 4gb, But at the 8gb mark the price for this isnt too hot since you can get g.skill for the same cost per gb here (with the promo code listed) or faster 1600 mhz ram here for 5 bucks more (again with promo)..
I'm glad DDR3 prices have dropped this low. Take that 8gb g.skill in your first link for instance, those are 4gb sticks in that pack, and you're getting two of them for only $70. That's only $8.75 a gig, and high quality memory 4gb sticks to boot.

And that g.skill sniper in your second link operates at 1600mhz and only uses 1.5v, perfect for SB rigs. All for only $75? Another no-brainer imho.

Thanks for posting those.

lol mwave links seem to NEVER work. It works for a little bit, then later it becomes "invalid link".

Anyway, should I get more RAM? I currently have 4gb going into my SB build -- I don't have it finished yet. (In fact, it's the exact same 2x2gb RAM that is advertised by the OP.) Most people here probably use more than 4gb, but exactly what kind of computer usage will see benefit from more? Is it mostly in resource heavy games that lots of RAM helps? Would I see noticeable benefit from getting 4 more gigs of RAM if I just have lots of FF windows and tabs open?

I'm not sure if they were offering FREE shipping or not?

Anyways, its not a deal anymore :p
Ya, it was free shipping before, i had put "$34 shipped" in the title which means it includes (non) shipping costs.

The link fizzled out also, it's not working for me anymore at least. Gonna try to fix it in the original post.

Mwave is always running a promo on this ram though, so anyone interested should check it again in a day or two, or even a week at most, and the free shipping should return.

lol mwave links seem to NEVER work. It works for a little bit, then later it becomes "invalid link".

Anyway, should I get more RAM? I currently have 4gb going into my SB build -- I don't have it finished yet. (In fact, it's the exact same 2x2gb RAM that is advertised by the OP.) Most people here probably use more than 4gb, but exactly what kind of computer usage will see benefit from more? Is it mostly in resource heavy games that lots of RAM helps? Would I see noticeable benefit from getting 4 more gigs of RAM if I just have lots of FF windows and tabs open?
I've personally seen where windows 7 + games will accommodate nearly 7 gigs of ram if given that room to breath. Power users who manipulate photos + video can use up to 16gb.

In your situation i'd say 4gb is a great start, but try to work your way up to 8gb before DDR3 prices take off again. And getting the same ram sticks is highly preferable over mixing different brands.

Like i said before, it should be no more than a week before they offer another shipping promo. It's "likely" that they will anyway.

I'll bump this thread if i catch it.

Back