Auzentech Sound Card Pre-order sale ($40 off X-Fi Forte)

Ryun

Limp Gawd
I stopped by Auzentech's site to see if they were doing anything at CES this year and I found this:

http://www.auzentech.com/site/company/pressrelease_12092011_auzen_soun.php

Apparently, they're getting a new batch of sound cards and are giving a discount if you pre-order. So you can grab a X-Fi forte for $109.99 (I own the card, and think this price is a steal). There are other sound cards on pre-order sale as well.

Hmmmmm... looking back at the page, it looks like the cards should already be shipping but you can still grab the deals (at least, the sale price will be added to your cart anyway). I dunno how long this will last.

*Edit* - Looks like the deals are over.

Last edited:
If the home theater hd would do Hdmi audio without a video pass through, I'd jump on it....

Looks like all of them are full DTS: Connect compliant. Unlike my onboard Asus Gene-Z (which is 'X-FI' bullcrap)

Looks like all of them are full DTS: Connect compliant. Unlike my onboard Asus Gene-Z (which is 'X-FI' bullcrap)

So don't buy Asus mobo's in the future. If they aren't willing to get a DTS license.

I'm a bit confused, what makes these any better than the Creative branded X-Fi cards?

I'm a bit confused, what makes these any better than the Creative branded X-Fi cards?

Absolutely nothing, Auzentech's service is shit and their product is plagued with engineering / design flaws, i.e...Forte X-Fi

Yeah their customer service can literally take up to 2 weeks to answer a simple email. And my Forte died after 6 months of use. That was my first and probably last Auzentech card.

Like creative is much better. Here is the thing sound cards suck period. I wish nVidia would have stuck with their sound storm. It was good and I never had problems. Creatives garbage cost me qualification into a 100k tournament. I currently have a razer barracuda and it is also has tons of driver problems. Stuff constantly resets and the driver comes back to the desktop every time you play a game.

I really do not get why it is so hard for these companies to get anything right.

Yeah their customer service can literally take up to 2 weeks to answer a simple email. And my Forte died after 6 months of use. That was my first and probably last Auzentech card.

Look at when these "pre-orders" were supposed to ship. ;)

I had an Auzentech HTHD and it was ok. I sold it and I now I just connect to my receiver via HDMI from my GTX 580. Works beautifully

Shame, looks like the deal is over. Wish I had bought my Forte at those prices ;).

I totally understand all the heat sound card manufacturers get (been burned myself) but I've been pleasantly surprised how easy it is to manage my Forte. The only things I wish it had was independent audio streams between the front panel and rear panel, and the audio connectors actually connected to the card (for me personally it is more of an annoyance than I thought since I move my rig frequently).

However, I definitely noticed an improvement in sound quality in games with it over the Xonar DS that it replaced.

Like creative is much better. Here is the thing sound cards suck period. I wish nVidia would have stuck with their sound storm. It was good and I never had problems. Creatives garbage cost me qualification into a 100k tournament. I currently have a razer barracuda and it is also has tons of driver problems. Stuff constantly resets and the driver comes back to the desktop every time you play a game.

I really do not get why it is so hard for these companies to get anything right.

If you're fine with getting usb/toslink external DAC...

There's the Asus Essence One which has pretty good reviews. There's also Emotiva XDA-1 if you want to spend less money.

Before you scream bloody hell that Asus EO is expensive it's competing with DACs that cost 1k+ so...

When my X-Fi Forte died.. They replied within a day or 2.. and paid shipping to and back. Was very speedy. Its weird how some people get great support.. and others get shit support.

When my X-Fi Forte died.. They replied within a day or 2.. and paid shipping to and back. Was very speedy. Its weird how some people get great support.. and others get shit support.

Having worked in customer service most of my life, my guess is its their attitude.

Back