Auzentech Prelude : Drivers w/ DDL support coming very soon.

You posted a link that is very, very outdated, by at least 12-24 months. It doesn't even list games like BF2142 on there yet.

Battlefield 2 was the first game to support the X-FI, correct? It actually has a setting for it. Now, follow this link and it describes EAX 5.0. EAX 5 is the only version of EAX that is made to take advantage of the X-FI's new features, such as 128 voices. BF2, when set to "X-FI" mode, uses 128 voices. This would not be possible if it was EAX 3. These are the facts.

http://www.soundblaster.com/eax/abouteax/eax5ahd/

Umm, I think I know what I'm talking about as well. EAX 3 was for written for the Audigy series, 5 is for the X-FI. BF2 (and 2142 for that matter) were coded to take advantage of the X-FI's new features. Do the math.

such as 128 voices.

Which has nothing to do with EAX. A game could support 128 voices and not even use EAX. BF2 uses EAX 3, get over it, you have no proof.

Of course any program could use 128 voices, but Eax 5 has 128 hardware accelerated voices and I think that's actually the only Eax 5 feature it uses in the X-fi mode.

You want "proof"? On the soundblaster site there's an interview with one of the people responsible for the sound in Battlefield 2 and while he doesn't really say it as clearly as I remember it being said somewhere else it will have to do, because I don't feel like searching more:

"Q7. In your opinion, what aspects of the gaming experience are enhanced when you play using Creative's X-Fi technology?

Jonas: Given the large number of simultaneous voices and support for mixing them in hardware, we don't have to be as aggressive with culling distant and/or low-volume samples. This gives a more detailed and living background than is otherwise possible."

http://www.soundblaster.com/Applications/article.asp?articleid=56068&categoryid=13&page=2

EDIT: Now I remember, it clearly says "128" voices under the Very High settings. What do you mean by that "get over it, you have no proof" anyway? Since Eax with 128 hardware voices requires Eax 5 support and since BF2 uses Eax and requires Eax for the highest settings saying that "you have no proof" makes absolutely no sense to me.

Since Eax with 128 hardware voices requires Eax 5 support

No it doesn't. The X-Meridian can also enable "Very High" in BF2 because it suppots 128 voices and guess what? It only supports up to EAX 2. So once again, I ask for proof.

So that's by editing some .ini file or what? Didn't know that, so you could've mentioned it.

So that's by editing some .ini file or what?

Nope through the game.

Didn't know that, so you could've mentioned it.

Yes clearly is was my fault that you didn't know. :p

It just a dumb argument; I don't even care what EAX version people think BF2 uses. I just want my DDL drivers. :(

No it doesn't. The X-Meridian can also enable "Very High" in BF2 because it suppots 128 voices and guess what? It only supports up to EAX 2. So once again, I ask for proof.

You really have no clue as to what you are talking about. The only way to enable "very high" in the BF series is to FIRST enable "X-FI" mode (the options in-game are, get this, "software", "hardware" and yes, you guessed it, "X-FI"), then you are able to select very high.

OK, sso you are trying to tell me that the X-Meridian supports 128 voices in hardware? Wow, that is HUGE news in the soundcard arena, considering that there are no other hardware-based soundcards that do not have a Creative hardware chip on it.

Again, I say, WOW!!! What an amazingly (false) discovery!

Do me a favor, post some sort of "proof" that the X-Meridian uses 128 hardware voices. Then, maybe, look into the BF2 game itself and post exactly how you can enable 128 voices without an X-FI card installed. You cannot, but you wouldn't know this because you won't take the time to research this at all.

Just saying.

But in then end I am with you, I just want the drivers!!!!!

Ask and you shall receive.

By the way, DirectSound hardware voices != hardware acceleration.

Wow, you are sooooo wrong! The only, and I repeat ONLY, soundcard that uses hardware voices is CREATIVE!!!! What chip does the X-Meridian use? It uses the C-Media Oxygen HD CMI8788 Audio Processor. This processor cannot and does not use hardware acceleration. It implements EAX vis software. This is a fact. Here is a review of the afore-mentioned chipset:

http://techreport.com/articles.x/11759

Now, just for the sake of making it easy for you, I will paste a quote from the review. It is on the bottom of page one, for quick reference:

The ability to enjoy multi-channel surround sound in games over a single digital connection is a coup for the Oxygen HD, but otherwise, the chip actually isn't all that well-equipped for gaming. The chip offers no hardware acceleration for positional 3D audio, and its EAX support tops out at version 2.0, which limits the number of concurrent 3D voices to just 32. These days, EAX goes all the way up to version 5.0, which supports up to 128 concurrent 3D voices and higher sampling rates and resolutions. To be fair, the Oxygen HD isn't alone in its lack of support for advanced EAX levels and hardware accelerated positional 3D audio. Creative's the only game in town if you want those features.

Thanks for playing.

Wow, you are sooooo wrong! The only, and I repeat ONLY, soundcard that uses hardware voices is CREATIVE!!!! What chip does the X-Meridian use? It uses the C-Media Oxygen HD CMI8788 Audio Processor. This processor cannot and does not use hardware acceleration. It implements EAX vis software. This is a fact. Here is a review of the afore-mentioned chipset:

http://techreport.com/articles.x/11759

Now, just for the sake of making it easy for you, I will paste a quote from the review. It is on the bottom of page one, for quick reference:

Thanks for playing.

Rofl, I just linked you to a site that showed the Rightmark results of the X-Meridian. It clearly supports 128 voices. I'm not sure what other proof you need than that. Techreport is simply wrong, Rightmark doesn't lie.

Techrepot is wrong, It will do 128 voices in software mode. this already been proven. I had a oxygen HD chipset before the predule. it doesnt have to do it in hardware mode to be able to do it.And yep right mark doesnt lie . I even tested 128 voices by manaully setting the voices in the game that had the option. and it does it.

Denial. What a wonderful place you live!!!

Here is a link to the C-Media website.

http://www.cmedia.com.tw/?q=en/PCI/CMI8788

Software Features

DTS® Interactive ¡V a real-time 5.1encoder that takes any 2 or more channel and encodes it into DTS bit stream.
DTS® NeoPC - an up mix matrix that turns any 2 channel audio into 7.1 surround sound
Independent Dolby® Digital Live (AC-3) 5.1 real-time encoding bit-stream to facilitate the connection with CE AV receiver
Dolby® Pro-Logic IIx surround processor spreading stereo audio into 7.1 channel surround sounds
Renowned Dolby® Headphone technology conveying 5.1 surround or 3D gaming sounds over stereo headphones
Latest Dolby® Virtual Speaker solution bringing amazing virtual surround sound fields via general two speakers
C-Media FlexBass™ ¡V LFE channel crossover frequency set-able from range 50 to 250Hz; large speaker selectable
C-Media Magic Voice™ popular feature for disguising your tone in online chatting
C-Media Xear 3D™ 7.1 Virtual Speaker shifter technology
C-Media unique Karaoke functions: Microphone Echo, Key-Shifting
27 global reverberation environments
Supports most industrial standards of PC 3D sound for gaming, including EAX™ 1.0&2.0, A3D™ 1.0, and DirectSound™
Support 7.1 CH digital audio playback for WinXP 64, WinXP ,Win2000 (Microsoft® DirectX V.9.0 above is required)
ASIO2 Function Support
Linux driver available (w/o Dolby®/DTS® and other DSP technologies)

Notice how the EAX feature is listed as a SOFTWARE feature??? This is from the manufacturer of the chip itself. The X-Meridian does not support 128 voices in hardware. If it did, don't you think C-Media themselves would be touting this feature??? They can't because the card does NOT HAVE HARDWARE ACCELERATION. Just to help you out, here is a review of the X-Meridian where it is stated that:

There's no hardware acceleration for games, so the DSP duties are offloaded to the CPU. If you're not concerned with having bleeding edge gaming performance though, and instead having top notch sound quality, read on.

Link: http://techgage.com/article/auzentech_x-meridian_71/

Denial. What a wonderful place you live!!!

Here is a link to the C-Media website.

http://www.cmedia.com.tw/?q=en/PCI/CMI8788

Notice how the EAX feature is listed as a SOFTWARE feature??? This is from the manufacturer of the chip itself. The X-Meridian does not support 128 voices in hardware. If it did, don't you think C-Media themselves would be touting this feature??? They can't because the card does NOT HAVE HARDWARE ACCELERATION. Just to help you out, here is a review of the X-Meridian where it is stated that:

Link: http://techgage.com/article/auzentech_x-meridian_71/

Moofasa~ said:
By the way, DirectSound hardware voices != hardware acceleration.

Sigh. Just drop it.

Techrepot is wrong, It will do 128 voices in software mode. this already been proven. I had a oxygen HD chipset before the predule. it doesnt have to do it in hardware mode to be able to do it.And yep right mark doesnt lie . I even tested 128 voices by manaully setting the voices in the game that had the option. and it does it.

The point is that the card does not support 128 voices in hardware, meaning the card is not a hardware-accelerated card. I will concede that it can do 128 voices, bit only via software, offloading the processing algorithms to you cpu (hence no hardware acceleration). The C-Media 8788 chip is not capable of any type of hardware acceleration for EAX or voices. This is a simple fact, backed up by this white paper from the C-Media website: http://www.cmedia.com.tw/files/doc/PCI/OxygenHD CMI8788 Datasheet Rev0.6.pdf

As you wish.

Anyway, hopefully they get those drivers out before Christmas, it would be nice to have them to mess around with.

You really have no clue as to what you are talking about. The only way to enable "very high" in the BF series is to FIRST enable "X-FI" mode (the options in-game are, get this, "software", "hardware" and yes, you guessed it, "X-FI"), then you are able to select very high.

OK, sso you are trying to tell me that the X-Meridian supports 128 voices in hardware? Wow, that is HUGE news in the soundcard arena, considering that there are no other hardware-based soundcards that do not have a Creative hardware chip on it.

Again, I say, WOW!!! What an amazingly (false) discovery!

Do me a favor, post some sort of "proof" that the X-Meridian uses 128 hardware voices. Then, maybe, look into the BF2 game itself and post exactly how you can enable 128 voices without an X-FI card installed. You cannot, but you wouldn't know this because you won't take the time to research this at all.

Just saying.

But in then end I am with you, I just want the drivers!!!!!

I don't know about BF2 but I've tried using Ultra High setting in BF2142 demo with my X-Meridian before without selecting X-Fi first.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1030408725#post1030408725

Dosn't alter the fact that recommending that you DISABLE EAX in BF2 is a crappy advice.

What? You must have an IQ less than room temperature. I never gave that advice. I only pasted what was written on auzen's website, that doesn't mean I am saying to do it.

What? You must have an IQ less than room temperature. I never gave that advice. I only pasted what was written on auzen's website, that doesn't mean I am saying to do it.

And my comment was directed at their (mis)advice....touchy, eh? :eek:

Don't mind waiting so much but but at the same time, don't say 'coming very soon' if you aren't certain this is the case, it's closing in on the 1 month mark since your original post.

Don't mind waiting so much but but at the same time, don't say 'coming very soon' if you aren't certain this is the case, it's closing in on the 1 month mark since your original post.

First of all, that's what I was told. Don't make it seem like it was done on purpose.
I can't help if they tell me one thing and it gets delayed.

*edit*

Just spoke with them again. They say the drivers are ready and should be out by next week. But you never know, it may get delayed again.
I'm sorry to all about stating that it was coming soon. I was just relaying what I was told, didn't mean to cause any unnecessary anticipation.

Sorry again.

I Fiqure it wouldnt be that soon, I dont mind waiting my self. just aslong every thing is working right before they release the drivers.

No sweat, I think we all realize that you were not the actual source, but merely the messenger.

Just spoke with them again. They say the drivers are ready and should be out by next week. But you never know, it may get delayed again.

I'd bet on the last thing you said. If the drivers were ready, they'd be out now. Because something is delaying them until next week at the earliest, they're clearly not ready. Did they say what the hold-up is?

I'd bet on the last thing you said. If the drivers were ready, they'd be out now. Because something is delaying them until next week at the earliest, they're clearly not ready. Did they say what the hold-up is?

The beta's have been out for almost a month now (not publicly, only to reviewers). The "word on the street" is that they are waiting for certification from Dolby. Is that the truth? Who knows.

DDL approval is still the hold-up from what I've been told

Maybe they meant Q1 08 for DDL and Q2 08 for DTS? :D

This is why I never buy anything for promised features, only for what features it has out of the box. Though auzentech will probably fulfill this particular promise, you can almost never rely on manufacturers to fulfill future promises.

Maybe they meant Q1 08 for DDL and Q2 08 for DTS? :D

This is why I never buy anything for promised features, only for what features it has out of the box.

There have been reports that if you ask nicely enough, Auzentech will send you the beta drivers. I sent them off an email about an hour ago; maybe they will get back to me in a few days. *crosses fingers*

Yea they will send you the link. i just didnt see the link and it didnt come to my email yet.

Edit: now i got it now i just had to ask them for it again because it didnt come the first time. its like 150MB.

Damn, 150MB for a sound driver? Talk about bloatware. I guess this confirms that the rumors that creative are the ones writing the drivers are true then. I can't picture any other company making a sound driver that oversized.

Damn, 150MB for a sound driver? Talk about bloatware. I guess this confirms that the rumors that creative are the ones writing the drivers are true then. I can't picture any other company making a sound driver that oversized.

There are Vista, XP, 32bit, 64bit drivers lumped together. It's a full CD image, basically.

it comes with the updated Console launcher, the Switcher the volume system try thing and yes it has all of the drivers in one package. It just 150mb, that nothing when compare to how much room games take. 150MB isnt nothing.

There have been reports that if you ask nicely enough, Auzentech will send you the beta drivers. I sent them off an email about an hour ago; maybe they will get back to me in a few days. *crosses fingers*

Yes this method works! I'm downloading them right now!

Would someone kindly post a link? Thanx!

The link cannot be posted for everyone's use. The file was uploaded by Auzen's support team on WebHard.net and is available only for 5 transfers or 7 days. Maybe someone will post a more permanent location.

Back