Auzentech Prelude : Drivers w/ DDL support coming very soon.

More than that for sure. I dl'ed the beta driver and got my Prelude working via optical to my HT surround. I still have the headphones next to me and notice a pronounced echo effect comparing the two. (both can play at the same time w/appropriate volume adjustment)

When I switch between analog and digital between my receiver I don't notice any latency.

Play an MP3, plug in some headphones to the analog jack, and listen to your receiver over optical at the same time...you'll notice

Play an MP3, plug in some headphones to the analog jack, and listen to your receiver over optical at the same time...you'll notice

But that may not be not a fair comparison. How do you know the receiver is not at fault? Plug the Prelude into your receiver and see if you get the same result. Then we'll know for sure.

Most receivers that I've seen these days are designed for extremely low latency DD decoding, best measured in the microseconds actually, nevermind milliseconds. They do this specifically with games in mind (e.g. on an xbox.)

More than that for sure. I dl'ed the beta driver and got my Prelude working via optical to my HT surround. I still have the headphones next to me and notice a pronounced echo effect comparing the two. (both can play at the same time w/appropriate volume adjustment)

Yeah I figure as much. It just can't be avoided, AC3 just wasn't meant for this. No big deal though, just so long as the delay isn't perceivable while you are playing its all good.

But that may not be not a fair comparison. How do you know the receiver is not at fault? Plug the Prelude into your receiver and see if you get the same result. Then we'll know for sure.

You know, I was thinking this also. Who knows how long it takes my receiver to decode the bitstream :confused:.

My old Denon 1801 is from 2001 and I don't notice any delay when playing games. I also noticed the crackling sounds when playing Kane and Lynch (OpenAL) in entertainment mode, but it went away when I switched to game mode.

anyone know if you can get dolby decoding to work in vista? I know with the x-fi series you can via the dell trick, and I've yet to try this with my prelude. I just wanted to see if anyone has already done this and can confirm no problems with it.

Never had any issue decoding Dolby Digital, or DTS material under Vista. This is with onboard audio, Auzentech X-ploision, or the Prelude.

64bit Vista Ultimate in case you're wondering which version of Vista.

but you used the dolby decoding via s/pidf? For instance, xbox 360 to digital in, then out the speakers via analog?

anyone know if you can get dolby decoding to work in vista? I know with the x-fi series you can via the dell trick, and I've yet to try this with my prelude. I just wanted to see if anyone has already done this and can confirm no problems with it.

Kaluminati, what dell trick might you be referring to? I've connected my Prelude to receiver via SPDIF out/optical and having problems with DTS, DDL.

Never had any issue decoding Dolby Digital, or DTS material under Vista. This is with onboard audio, Auzentech X-ploision, or the Prelude.

64bit Vista Ultimate in case you're wondering which version of Vista.

Stanley, what driver version are you using?

Thanks!

What I'm talking about is using the prelude to DECODE dolby digital then output it, like receivers do.

Here is the dell trick:
http://nomoregoatsoup.wordpress.com...o-work-in-windows-vista-spdif-in-working-too/

Thanks for the link. In that case... ask the same question, has anybody tried this with the Prelude and confirm that this works?

On another note, I got this response from Auzentech customer service on Tuesday:

Thank you for contacting Auzentech, Inc.

In this week, we will be able to send you the RC3 driver(DDL driver ver2).
Main Changes in RC3
1) Fixed sometimes input window unable to show up when launch ACM reported by Auzentech customer.
2) Update DDL plugin
3) Driver bug fix on the BSOD during clock switch.

If you install the RC1, RC2 or RC3, you have to uninstall all previous driver to avoid some issues.

Haven't received anything from them yet. Anyone else get this similar response?

Just wondering. It's normal that analog has to be enabled and set as default for the dd live to work right?

Also, due to that - I can't control the volume via windows.. Which kind of sucks... >_>

Been doing some testing to see which one sounds better and I can't notice any difference. keke.

<drumroll> The official DDL driver is on the website now...

edit...there's a thread on this already, dooooohhhhh

Back