Auzentech Prelude : Drivers w/ DDL support coming very soon.

enyceexdanny

2[H]4U
Drivers are ready, but are waiting approval for DDL. So once the approval is given, it should be released right away.

Just a heads up.

This won't affect those using analog connections, correct? ;)

And Admiral, got your message, but only after I saw ya got the card hah! How ya like it?

[DFR]Random;1031688848 said:

And Admiral, got your message, but only after I saw ya got the card hah! How ya like it?

Yeah, it's for digital connection.

[DFR]Random;1031688848 said:

I'm enjoying it so much , I though it wasnt gonna come monday. I was expecting a ups truck but saw a fedex ground truck.

I had to force my self to go to bed or i would had stay up all night listening to music. :D

Don't I know the feeling. I've been staying up late writing papers, but the music keeps me going! Can't wait to actually have some time to relax and just listen, though.

Approval for DDL? What is that supposed to mean? Isn't the card already licensed for use with DDL and DTS (e.g. royalties are paid?)

he probably just means approval as in functionality I donno...

Anyone using this card in vista? Specifically vista x64 + 4GB of ram?

I'm using it in Vista64 with 8gig of ram. Flawless, other than the mic issue (as in it stinks).

Hopefully these new drivers fix the damn channel swap bug. I run a 7.1 Gigaworks system, and it really gets to me when the card randomly decides to move the separate audio channels around.

Hopefully these new drivers fix the damn channel swap bug. I run a 7.1 Gigaworks system, and it really gets to me when the card randomly decides to move the separate audio channels around.

My Elite Pro did that sometimes when I ran two or more applications with OpenAL, but I think the problem later went away. I can't remember. :(

If they fix the mic issue and add DDL though, I will be really happy. :) Alright you got me, even if they just add DDL I will be happy. :D

They're expecting final approval by this week.
It was supposed to be finalized last week but the person in charge of the approval at Dolby Laboratories was on vacation.

Is there yet any word on whether or not you'll be able to use DDL/DTS and EAX5 at the same time? Any word on the latency of the DDL/DTS encode? (there will invariably be some delay with a real-time bitstream encode, the question is how much - not sure what the maximum allowed limit for DDL certification is though)

These are the two things I am waiting on hearing about before putting my hard earned cash down on this card.

Is there yet any word on whether or not you'll be able to use DDL/DTS and EAX5 at the same time?

I don't see why not.

Any word on the latency of the DDL/DTS encode?

This one is less clear, but probably no better/worse than the previous Auzentech cards.

I don't see why not.

Well, from what I understand there is no EAX at all when you are using spdif out on the prelude currently.

AFAIK this is a hardware limitation of the x-fi itself, thus creative doesn't implement it on their cards. The only way the prelude would get around this is by receiving the digital signal from the x-fi into another chip which can then feed that into a software post-processor that would do the AC3 encode.

From what I have heard, in creative cards, the x-fi digital signal just goes straight to the DAC. I wouldn't know first hand though as I've never looked at the design of any x-fi cards.

Also if you look here:

http://www.auzentech.com/site/support/FAQ.php

Q : I have a 5.1 receiver with DTS and Dolby® Digital decoding. Can you tell me how to configure Battlefield 2 for the best surround sound?
A : Yes. Set the EAX feature to "OFF." Set the Audio renderer to "Hardware." Enjoy.

Why is auzentech telling their customers that they need to disable EAX in order to use dolby digital live with some of their sound cards?

BTW one more thing, is this driver coming from Auzentech themselves or is it coming from creative?

Why is auzentech telling their customers that they need to disable EAX in order to use dolby digital live with some of their sound cards?

That is absurd and a joke. :mad:
BF2 is the game with the best sounding EAX5 to this date...perhaps they are scared people will notice how tame DDL is compared to EAX5 in games?

Is there yet any word on whether or not you'll be able to use DDL/DTS and EAX5 at the same time? Any word on the latency of the DDL/DTS encode? (there will invariably be some delay with a real-time bitstream encode, the question is how much - not sure what the maximum allowed limit for DDL certification is though)

These are the two things I am waiting on hearing about before putting my hard earned cash down on this card.

Why would you be able to use them at the same time... they essentially will be trying to do the same thing at the same time except in different ways. Obvious conflict. EAX5/CMSS > Dolby Live anyhow. I know for me, the reason I'm looking forward to dolby live coming back for vista, is for movies/videos that are not dolby encoded. Dolby is not for games; least not when EAX is around.

Wait what? I thought Dolby Live existed because some people prefer to only use one cable from the soundcard to the reciever and not have to use three analogue cables for surround sound. Eax improves 3d sound positioning and adds reverb and has nothing to do with the amount of speakers you have. There should be no conflict at all to use Eax or CMSS together with DD Live, because DD Live is simply the exact same sound that's coming out of the analogue connections except compressed to a Dolby Digital stream. Unless if they use the X-fi DSP to create the DD Live sound of course, but that remains to be seen.

Since the Prelude doesn't have Prologic 2 or any of that stuff coming there wouldn't be anything for you to look forward to with DD Live for movies, since you can already just let software decode dvd sound tracks or just output it to your reciever for decoding already.

I'm looking forward to DD Live because I have a headphone amp and Beyerdynamic DT990 headphones, so it's a bit of a pain in the ass now to constantly change the analogue connection whenever I want to use the headphones or surround sound via the reciever.

Yea thats pretty much why i waiting for it. I dont feel like unpluging my headphones then plugging in my speakers. There are people that perfer to game with DD live and not use eax.

It not like peopld dont do it , but they do. I know people who doesnt use EAX. I use my headphones mostly and switch to my speakers when I feel like using them. i really dont wanna crawl under the desk every time i want to use them.

Well, from what I understand there is no EAX at all when you are using spdif out on the prelude currently.

There is EAX, but currently the S/PDIF is only stereo, where EAX is not as noticeable.

AFAIK this is a hardware limitation of the x-fi itself, thus creative doesn't implement it on their cards

Nope, EAX over S/PDIF works on my Prelude and Elite Pro (just stereo).

I think that question is more directed at their previous sound cards.

BTW one more thing, is this driver coming from Auzentech themselves or is it coming from creative?

All drivers come from Creative.

Why would you be able to use them at the same time... they essentially will be trying to do the same thing at the same time except in different ways

That's not true. All Dolby Digital Live does in encode 5.1 PCM audio into 5.1 ac3 (Dolby Digital). It's the same exact thing if you were to convert one of your songs from .wav to .mp3 except it's done in real time. The DDL "process" comes after the EAX "process", thus like I said, EAX and DDL should work together.

That is absurd and a joke. :mad:
BF2 is the game with the best sounding EAX5 to this date...perhaps they are scared people will notice how tame DDL is compared to EAX5 in games?

EAX and DDL are two completely different things. DDL facilitates 6 channel surround over a single digital cable. EAX is a set of reverb extensions for DS3D, and in itself has nothing to do with surround sound.

Why would you be able to use them at the same time... they essentially will be trying to do the same thing at the same time except in different ways..

No, it is not, they are two totally different things. This is like saying an operating system is the same thing as a CPU. EAX has nothing to do with surround. The surround sound functions are processed entirely by the API, be it directsound3d or openal.

EAX and DDL are two completely different things. DDL facilitates 6 channel surround over a single digital cable. EAX is a set of reverb extensions for DS3D, and in itself has nothing to do with surround sound.

No, it is not, they are two totally different things. This is like saying an operating system is the same thing as a CPU. EAX has nothing to do with surround. The surround sound functions are processed entirely by the API, be it directsound3d or openal.

Dosn't alter the fact that recommending that you DISABLE EAX in BF2 is a crappy advice.

eh, it's taking them awhile for the approval.
I'll probably call today and find out the latest status.

Give me DDL driver or give me death!

Now this is a man with his priorities straight! :D

Dosn't alter the fact that recommending that you DISABLE EAX in BF2 is a crappy advice.

Guys we are all fighting for the same goal, let's keep our composure. We are so close! :p On a somewhat related note, BF2 is an EAX 3 game, not EAX 5.

Back