• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Audioengine A2 vs. Swan M10

King of Heroes

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 26, 2008
Messages
2,006
For a while now I've been using a Sound Impact T-Amp Gen. 2 + a pair Polk Audio Monitor 30 bookshelf speakers for my PC. I've recently made the decision to try my hand at building an HTPC to take with me to college, which will be used for lossless encoded music and HD movies and television. I want to move the Monitor 30s over to that and get some more conventional PC speakers to replace them for the comp.

So far, the two most recommended PC speakers I've come across are the Swan M10s and the Audioengine A2s. I just wanted to get this forum's opinion on which might be the best to go with.
 
Swans will stomp the a2 in most everything except size. If you have room for that weird mid-bass sub thing then I would get the M10.
 
I got M10's a few weeks back. This will sound cliche, but I've spent thousands of dollars on computer parts and peripherals in the past 15 years.

The M10s are quite possibly the best purchase I've ever made.
 
M-Audio AV40 > Swan M10 > Audioengine A2? If no sub is added?
 
Both Audioengine and Swan make great speakers, but those specific models are a bit... weak.

What is your budget?
 
These are both basic basic entry level speakers (yes, I said basic twice for emphasis). You will get what you paid for and probably a bit more. For either of them.
 
Both Audioengine and Swan make great speakers, but those specific models are a bit... weak.

What is your budget?

My budget is $150. I don't plan on adding a sub any time in the near future though, probably not until I want to upgrade to even better speakers years later.
Swan M10 - $90 - $110
M-Audio AV40 - $137
Audioengine 2 - $150
 
Like space said, the M10's are great for the price if you have the space for the middle quasi-sub. Otherwise I'd go for the AV40 or the D1080MkII myself, but I've never listened to the A2... If you're really tight for space they'd probably be your best bet as they're smaller than any of the other sets being mentioned (and the bass port is forward-facing, unlike most of the others).
 
Back
Top