audio video problem

nxcess

2[H]4U
Hey guys. I have exhausted every option I have but to ask for help. My computer's video and audio file is playing in fast forward. Like when you hold the fast forward on a cassette player to make the music sound like the chipmunks are singing. That. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the sound drivers. I went as far as uninstalling and reinstalling the system drivers. I did a scandisc too. No help. I've googled it and haven't gotten much results. I know it would be easier to format and reinstall windows but it's a pain in the ass because I have to install a floppy drive to load the Nvidia raid drivers. That and I would like to be able to fix this should another situation like this occur again. Here's my system specs.
DFI Lanparty SLi-DR Expert
Opteron 165 @ 2756
2x512 Geil DDR 550
Windows Xp

Make sure that speakers still work. Test them on a another PC.

Also, remove ANY codec or codec pack that you may have installed.

Does this problem happen with any kind of video and audio files (Mp3, wmv, AVI, etc) or is it limited to just certain file types?

And please tell us of anything else you have tried to fix the problem. This make sure that nobody tries to recommend doing something you've already done.

Back