Audio Technica A700 or AD700

mokwai

n00b
Joined
Feb 21, 2007
Messages
2
im about to get one of these, since ive managed to break 2 set´s of zalmans in like 3 years (both stopped playing on the right side).

anyway, what i want to know is what would be better for me...open or closed? The main reason i dont know the answer to my question is because i have no idea whats the extend of leaked sound coming out of a open type as the AD700, and as i intend to use them at those late nights of gaming, that might be a issue. But on the other end, ive read somewhere that the open type has a better soundstage than the closed one therefore better for positional audio. (i have no idea if its true though, considering the only set of headphones ive ever owned were the zalmans i mentioned)

Your input would be greatly apreciated. thx
 
if you don't need to block any sound out or keep quiet then the open version is better for gaming b/c it breathes more and is less sweaty by far and the open design gives you a larger more realistic soundstage.
 
if you don't need to block any sound out or keep quiet then the open version is better for gaming b/c it breathes more and is less sweaty by far and the open design gives you a larger more realistic soundstage.

Not necessarly. With the closed cans, you seem to get a more intemate feel. Your better absorbed into the game, and it just makes it better. Also, IMO, positioning is much better with closed cans.

Doing a direct comparison of my closed A700 to my open HD580, I much prefer the A700 for gaming. They provide for a better, more accurate and realistic experiance.

As far as sweat and such goes, I think that is really not an issue unless you sweat buckets at the slightest bit of heat. I have never sweat under my headphones... and my ears don't get any hotter using the A700 than they do with the 580.
 
naw trust me viper the open Darths I had provided the biggest most lifelike soundstage of any headphones I have had. In CSS the closed can might be preferrable but not in say Battlefield. that and closed cans are hot to me lol.
 
naw trust me viper the open Darths I had provided the biggest most lifelike soundstage of any headphones I have had. In CSS the closed can might be preferrable but not in say Battlefield. that and closed cans are hot to me lol.

Well, there you have it. I am a CSS whore ;)
 
Back
Top