• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Audio solution comcast HD cable box + 2405FPW

Teecee

Gawd
2FA
Joined
May 31, 2005
Messages
948
I want to put my 2405FPW in my bedroom with a comcast HD/DVR box. I just need a solution for sound. I am not looking for 5.1. I just need a cheap, small solution. I do not want to put a bunch of components on my dresser if I do not have too. I have the speakers from my 5.1 logitech system that I no longer use since I picked up a pair of the SD 595s. Any ideas? I was thinking that my best bet would to be a cheapo receiver and use that. I was even thinking of hiding the comcast and receiver in a drawer or somewhere and using a RF remotecontrol blaster like the MX800-MX200 combo that I have for my media room setup. Any tips or suggestions? Thanks.
 
Just another thought. I have one of those Logitech 5.1 speaker systems with the controller. It has optical inputs in it. I suppose I can use that. The only problem is I have to plug in my sub for the controller to get power. Another thing is the remote. I wonder if that system came with a remote. I cannot remember what model it was.
 
I am doing the exact same thing... using my 2405 w/ a reciever. It also gives me the ability to do digital switching between my xbox, comcast box, and dvd player. Another benefit is that it gives you the ability to plug in your headphones when you want too. I wouldn't hide the comcast box in a drawer though... mine get's pretty hot.
 
Back
Top