Audio card/headset questions!

ChrisUlrich

Weaksauce
Hello, all!

My PC is in my signature. I'd be adding this card to that rig.

I don't want anything crazy since my PC is no where near my primary source of audio.

But my Focal XS Book has RCA's that i'd like to use in place of the 3.5mm.

I am looking for something fairly decent, but not overkill. I use Astro A50s when gaming and the speakers are secondary if I am being too lazy to grab the headset.

Since I am already bothering everyone. :)

Do you have a wireless gaming headset you recommend? 200-300 price tag is fine. I just want something that'll out work my Astro A50s (2nd gen).

Hello, all!

My PC is in my signature. I'd be adding this card to that rig.

I don't want anything crazy since my PC is no where near my primary source of audio.

But my Focal XS Book has RCA's that i'd like to use in place of the 3.5mm.

How are the speakers hooked up now? 3.5mm to RCA cables are pretty common and you won't gain anything by getting another card with RCA plugs. If they're that unimportant and you mainly use the headphones, what are you trying to fix?

How are the speakers hooked up now? 3.5mm to RCA cables are pretty common and you won't gain anything by getting another card with RCA plugs. If they're that unimportant and you mainly use the headphones, what are you trying to fix?
I go 3.5mm from PC to back of speaker. Then RCA connects the two together.

There's a RCA hookup on the same speaker I use the 3.5mm on. It says "high output" on there.

I figured it couldn't be a bad thing and wanted to see what I would get out of that.

I go 3.5mm from PC to back of speaker. Then RCA connects the two together.

There's a RCA hookup on the same speaker I use the 3.5mm on. It says "high output" on there.

I figured it couldn't be a bad thing and wanted to see what I would get out of that.
They're powered speakers so no matter which input you need it it's the same signal with a different connector.

You could get a desktop dac/amp that had some RCA pre-outs but you be out a bunch of money with nothing to really show for it. Most of those have headphone amps that also can't use with those Astros or any wireless headset.

Honestly, trying to forget the idea that somehow the audio will improve in any way you'd be able to notice between those two connection standards, just not worth it.

Back