Attempting to install Win7 on new hdd on a previous pc.. blank screen

excellsior

Limp Gawd
I upgraded my pc and took my hdd and cdrom... I gave the rest to my brother and got a new hdd and cdrom for him but nothing is coming up on the screen.

i took out the video card and tried using onboard and that didnt work either. i also tried all vga/dvi switching it up and that didnt cure the issue either.

im wondering if taking out my old hdd and merely plugging in a new hdd caused the pc to think something is wrong and is trying to search for the old os on the old hdd.

im not sure what to do right now.

Is there also any more win7 deals?

I believe only the upgrade is available for $30 and I've already used my student email so I'm hoping something else is out there.

if you're getting no display what-so-ever, even on POST, then it wouldn't be a hdd or optical drive issue.

im sorry, im not sure what you meant by even on POST.

i tried using different monitors and it still didnt work either. could it be something with the mobo or cpu?

When you hit the power button, do you see ANYTHING at all?? A bunch of white writing?? A logo?? Anything??

How about beeping?? And beeps going on??

I got it to boot...

Thanks again for all the links.

Before I start a new topic, I found out I can buy a new serial key for the Win7 Pro Upgrade... If I already have a Win 7 Pro Full cd, can I use that to install or will I need to install Win XP or something else first and upgrade that to Win 7?

Can I use a win 7 upgrade product key on a win 7 full installation cd i had from another build?

Last edited:
Back