• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Atom N570 with VT?

P4Power

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
185
I just bought an ASUS Eee PC with the Atom N570 processor. When I opened CPU-Z I noticed that it claims it has VT-x. However, Intel's website says the opposite. I also did some searching on this processor and Seamicro claims that it does indeed have VT-x as they use it in there small, eco Atom servers.

So, who do I believe here?
 
I wish they would stop randomly disabling VT-x and VT-d on CPUs. (For instance, 2600K lacks VT-d as it's only on non-K processors.)

Wikipedia says: "The CPU flag for VT-x is "vmx". This may be checked in Linux via /proc/cpuinfo." So try a live CD of some distro?
 
I have Debian installed and I will check with that command.

Not to be rude, IntelEnthusiast, as far as the ARK site, it wouldn't be the first time it was wrong or lacking in information. For example, my C2D E8700 supposedly doesn't exist.
 
So what did "cat /proc/cpuinfo" indicate on the flags line? Now I'm curious lol.
 
Seriously, this better not be like the C2D E7000 line of CPUs. Different steppings of the same model CPU would have certain virtualization functions disabled or enabled.
 
Looks like it does support VT-x! Here are the flags from the proc/cpuinfo command:

Code:
flags        : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl [B]vmx [/B]est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm movbe lahf_lm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority

"vmx" is the flag for Intel's implementation of VT and is listed there!
 
Back
Top