ATI R600 Confirmations on Size and Power

I think it is time to come to terms with the idea that there are problems with R600. Whether or not these will be evident upon release is hard to say, but I don't think anyone is naive enough to deny that *something* must be wrong for there to be no confirmed news, no hard release date and nothing but rumors to show for all of this hype.

Indeed this seems to be the case. As far as I understanded from an INQ article, the previous R600 80nm had serious voltage leaking plaquing it. Hence the delay and a respin of silicone. Due to the delay the R600 we are going to see on retail will be made in 65nm, which is nice if true, because it most certainly means less heat, smaller heat output and more performance.

Yeah I know its the INQ but this article makes sense atleast somewhat :)

New stuff from Tweaktown.

Hopefully these new 65nm "confirmed" specs are correct. Power consumption is atleast back to this planet according to these specs.

edit:

Hhmm this must be old news alrdy, did not notice the posting date was 15th, guess I just missed this here in [H]. Well atleast the new speculated March 30th release date for R600 XTX sounds promising :)

Is Tweaktown more or less dependable than the Inquirier generally speaking? Because the release of all the R6xx within the next month would be sweet, especially since everyone has been saying May/June is the release date.

Back