ATI + Nvidia for physx? YES!

Fitseries3

Gawd
so i've been palying with this for months now and i have decided to let it out. i have posted this on another forum that i attend daily a while back i figured a few more people would enjoy seeing this.

if you can manage to get over the fanboyism you will see that red and green can work together.

so the idea is... nvidia can run physx on a gpu. ati has some damn good gfx cards. why not combine both to see what happens?

here we go....

setup:
qx9650
asus p5e64 ws evolution
2x1gb gskill HZ 1600mhz ddr3
2 4870x2s
gtx260
2 WD 300gb Vraptors in raid 0
860watt pc power and cooling psu
dtek fuzion(with my acrylic top)
laing D5
thermochill pa160.1
swiftech mc res

attachment.php

attachment.php

this cannot be done in vista. xp cant run vantage. so how? windows 7.

games are INSANELY smooth as well. anything with or without physx runs really well on my dell 30" at full res.

so i've been palying with this for months now and i have decided to let it out. i have posted this on another forum that i attend daily a while back i figured a few more people would enjoy seeing this.

if you can manage to get over the fanboyism you will see that red and green can work together.

so the idea is... nvidia can run physx on a gpu. ati has some damn good gfx cards. why not combine both to see what happens?

here we go....

setup:
qx9650
asus p5e64 ws evolution
2x1gb gskill HZ 1600mhz ddr3
2 4870x2s
gtx260
2 WD 300gb Vraptors in raid 0
860watt pc power and cooling psu
dtek fuzion(with my acrylic top)
laing D5
thermochill pa160.1
swiftech mc res

attachment.php

attachment.php

this cannot be done in vista. xp cant run vantage. so how? windows 7.

games are INSANELY smooth as well. anything with or without physx runs really well on my dell 30" at full res.

looks nice, can i see the thread as well though?

p.s. how hot do yer video cards yet?

So far I know the problem with vista is this. A G-card needs a monitor atatched.
So it could work in Vista if the GTX260 get a second monitor. Or till this is fixe by MS fux or nV driver team. As Windows 7 supports touchsreen i would buy a touchscreen capable monitor or Big inch HD resolution capable big inch monitor for presentations.
The GTX is a good choice for dedicated physX as it's draw less power in idle mode. only stress the gT200 'burns a lot of elecrons' :)

A reason for going multimon.

you cannot do this in vista. vista cannot load 2 different display drivers at the same time. thats the whole reason you have to use 7.

you cannot do this in vista. vista cannot load 2 different display drivers at the same time. thats the whole reason you have to use 7.

it can be done, i did it with my 4850 and 8800GT.. the problem is you have to load the XP drivers for the ATI and Nvidia cards in Vista (Vista is BC with XPDM)..

you will lose some vista functions (DirectX 10, some media player decoder issues etc..)

but it will work.

it can be done, i did it with my 4850 and 8800GT.. the problem is you have to load the XP drivers for the ATI and Nvidia cards in Vista (Vista is BC with XPDM)..

you will lose some vista functions (DirectX 10, some media player decoder issues etc..)

but it will work.

Would you even be able to use Aero? I've been a proponent of PhysX for a long time but i'd question the sanity of anyone who would trade DirectX 10 for PhysX.

Back