ATI Killing Nvidia: Nvidia say Q4 of fiscal 2009 expected to decline 40 to 50 percent

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a long-reaching debacle, like a tentacle. Edumacate yourself! :D

I actually lol-ed.

And take a look at this:

"Nvidia expects sales to fall 40 percent to 50 percent from the prior quarter as PC makers and others in the semiconductor supply chain slash inventories to cope with the recession."

From: http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/article.aspx?Feed=AP&Date=20090113&ID=9509516&Symbol=NVDA

So with this "slash of inventories" how can you guys keep saying that this is not related to Tigerdirect dropping EVGA. There can obviously be a connection here.

Would you please post your source on who dropped who? Otherwise stop trying to make corelations between two things that probably have nothign to do with one another. You have been endlessly spreading FUD and anti-nV slander...how the hell havent you been banned yet?

So with this "slash of inventories" how can you guys keep saying that this is not related to Tigerdirect dropping EVGA. There can obviously be a connection here.

They are likely referring to card makers slashing inventories of NVidia chips. 40-50% drop in revenues is not that bad. Our company (semi equipment) dropped 90% revenues this fiscal year. Look at RAM prices - $5 for 2 x 1 GB DDR2? There is no such fire sale in video cards (unfortunately for us).

And take a look at this:

"Nvidia expects sales to fall 40 percent to 50 percent from the prior quarter as PC makers and others in the semiconductor supply chain slash inventories to cope with the recession."

From: http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/article.aspx?Feed=AP&Date=20090113&ID=9509516&Symbol=NVDA

Are you still seriously trying to correlate two completely opposite things? You just posted a link to something that completely invalidates what you previously said, aka ATI is the reason for drop in sales. And you are STILL trying to correlate it to TD dropping EVGA? Had it ever occurred to you that maybe TD has issues with EVGA and NOT Nvidia? Your reasoning makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Why on earth would TD drop an entire vendor because they are going to be in short supply? Wouldn't that mean they should drop every NV vendor they have? :rolleyes:

Wow, guys I'm surprised some of you are letting Mocci here troll you so easily and for so long too.

It's not his fault though. He probably didn't notice that ATi actually lost market share last quarter so it makes sense that he doesn't know what he's talking about. There's no winner and loser in this market. Everybody is losing.

More Pizza!!!

fnl09_67.jpg

I love seeing ridiculous threads like this... Theres always going to be competition between companies, and one company will always do better. it goes back and forth. Just because one is doing better, it doesn't mean the other is going under.

1233202052376.jpg

They are likely referring to card makers slashing inventories of NVidia chips. 40-50% drop in revenues is not that bad. Our company (semi equipment) dropped 90% revenues this fiscal year. Look at RAM prices - $5 for 2 x 1 GB DDR2? There is no such fire sale in video cards (unfortunately for us).

Yah, even DDR3 is down. I bought a 4gb ddr3 ocz fatality kit for $50 AR, that's like ddr2800 pricing 3 months ago.

Wish video cards would follow thy same trend.

I don't know who started that thread, but te thread title clearly states tigerdirect dropped evga. And everyone know thread titles cant bee wrong.<sarcaism>

I started the thread that you trolled the hell out of and got closed, but not banned somehow. Im sorry that I didnt contact a lawer before thinking up a title of the thread. There was a dissagreement and that is all we know for sure. You are just trolling and making accusations with no evidence what so ever. Go post at toms hardware.

I started the thread that you trolled the hell out of and got closed, but not banned somehow. Im sorry that I didnt contact a lawer before thinking up a title of the thread. There was a dissagreement and that is all we know for sure. You are just trolling and making accusations with no evidence what so ever. Go post at toms hardware.

Funny how that works...isnt it. Ive been reporting him to no avail...and hes apparently been reporting my posts as well, despite me following the rules, particularly the zero tolerance fanboy accusation rule...which he has not been ahering to.

Just to reiterate what others are saying, a research company referenced in one of MocciBoo's links recently said:

Everyone in the market suffered reduced shipments — some suffered more than others. In this quarter, Nvidia has taken back some market share from AMD’s ATI division.

Who cares, 5 years from now there will only be Intel, and we will sit around like oldtimers and talk about how great it was back in the old days when we still had Amd/Ati and Nv around to keep things moving forward.

That would be terrible. I haven't read anything about the multi-core x86 GPU which made it sound like a step up from anything Nvidia and AMD/ATI put out. I hope both stick around for a long time.

Nvidia avoids giving good price/performance ratio. ATI is the master at that. Every answer Nvidia has had for a good ATI release has been a more expensive card. I don't get it.

Funny how that works...isnt it. Ive been reporting him to no avail...and hes apparently been reporting my posts as well, despite me following the rules, particularly the zero tolerance fanboy accusation rule...which he has not been ahering to.

Moderation is really wierd here.

My account is banned from the news section because I disagreed with a mod. No warning, no limit to the ban, as it's been months.

Yet an obvious troller (look at all of his posts), gets to go for broke without penalty.

Go figure.

hmm did nvidia report there latest earnings ? thats nomal for them to have there ms back but it surely will cost smthng which i wonder

Nvidia avoids giving good price/performance ratio. ATI is the master at that. Every answer Nvidia has had for a good ATI release has been a more expensive card. I don't get it.

You're right. You don't get it, since you are forgetting the best price/performance in years: the awesome 8800 GT.

Also, ATI never released a "good price/performance" ratio card, before the HD 4000 series. Before the HD 4000 series, all they did was adjust their pricing according to what the competitors had. If it performed worse, it would be cheaper. If it performed better, it would be more expensive. Same for NVIDIA.

ATI never released a "good price/performance" ratio card before 4000 you said my answer is 3850

ATI never released a "good price/performance" ratio card before 4000 you said my answer is 3850

I didn't said just that. Obviously you only read what you want, because "red" fancy's you the most :rolleyes:

I said, they never released a good price/performance ratio before the HD 4000 series, because before that, they only adjusted their pricing according to the competition. Same for NVIDIA, although the 8800 GT was a clear exception, since it had no competition, except NVIDIA's own products.

I'll quote myself, because you had trouble reading it the first time:

Silus said:
Also, ATI never released a "good price/performance" ratio card, before the HD 4000 series. Before the HD 4000 series, all they did was adjust their pricing according to what the competitors had. If it performed worse, it would be cheaper. If it performed better, it would be more expensive. Same for NVIDIA.

I didn't said just that. Obviously you only read what you want, because "red" fancy's you the most :rolleyes:

I said, they never released a good price/performance ratio before the HD 4000 series, because before that, they only adjusted their pricing according to the competition. Same for NVIDIA, although the 8800 GT was a clear exception, since it had no competition, except NVIDIA's own products.

I'll quote myself, because you had trouble reading it the first time:
man you really need some help i am serious you are taking too much green pills its effecting your brain haha

man you really need some help i am serious you are taking too much green pills its effecting your brain haha

I really do, given that I'm still replying to you and that is obviously a waste of time. I vote for closing this thread, since not only it started with a sensationalist title, but it also reached a point where the main point was discussed enough.

Signing off.

PS: "haha"

I hope your talking about recently..I remember paying $300 for my ATI 9700 when it launched. I thought that had a good price / performance for its time. It was faster anything else, packed in more usable features out of the box and it was not priced under what NV answered with....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back