ATI Killing Nvidia: Nvidia say Q4 of fiscal 2009 expected to decline 40 to 50 percent

Status
Not open for further replies.

MocciBoo

Limp Gawd
Edit: Some more stuff...palit and other big name manafacturers are cutting Nvidia GPU Orders....

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20090120PD219.html

I wonder if this is mainly due to the 4800 series and ATI gaining marketshare? :mad:

Or perhaps due to the poor economic times we are in....:mad:

Or perhaps because they decided to get out of the chipset business and let intel take over
sli boards....:mad:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/io_1231872894693.html :mad:

Another source with better details:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20090113111639_Sales_of_Graphics_Cards_Chipsets_Collapse_Nvidia_Announces_Unprecedented_Declines_in_Sales.html
:mad:

http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article.php/3796086/nVidia+Sales+Plunge+on+Bad+Fourth+Quarter.htm

Quote from this article:

"Meanwhile, Friedman, Billings, Ramsey & Co. said in its own research note that while
the revision was not surprising, "the magnitude of the sequential revenue decline is far
worse than expected ... Given this steep drop in revenues, we forecast nVidia to be
unprofitable in the fourth quarter and the full year 2009."

This is certainly the Big Bang Nvidia wanted to avoid. Best to sell your shares now I guess.

Lord here we go again with noobs!:( Did you not get the memo about another round of AMD layoffs and a company wide pay reduction?

It's not AMD, its called the worst recession in our lifetimes!:mad:

ATi isnt doing shit.

The world wide economic collapse is killing or will kill everyone. You think ATI will ship normal levels of product when every other segment of the industry is heading for 40+% drops in bookings? Ah, no.

Yeah, they're killing Nvidia. :rolleyes:

That's why they're revenue is projected to be down 25%. http://www.tomshardware.com/news/AMD-financial-guidance,6658.html

Oh, and why they anounced 1100 layoffs (9% of thier workforce).
http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_11472152?source=most_emailed

And why their stock is down 72% from the 52 week high.
http://finance.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:AMD

And with all that, they are looking to loose over 500 million this quarter alone, which will be the 8th or 9th straight quarter they (second full year) have lost money. On the other hand, Nvidia will still make a profit for the year. They are sure killing Nvidia. :rolleyes:

Oh, btw at 500M loss a quarter, AMD will file for bankruptcy in Q4 of next year. Thus why they are trimming jobs. Good luck on trying to compete for the next gen graphics with a slashed research budget.

Oh, btw at 500M loss a quarter, AMD will file for bankruptcy in Q4 of next year. Thus why they are trimming jobs. Good luck on trying to compete for the next gen graphics with a slashed research budget.

You almost sound pleased by that. AMD going under is bad for the workers (obviously) and for the consumers who are left with less choice and probably higher prices for whats left with no competition.

You know you've gone overboard with being a fanboy when you talk trash in regards to companies going under and people losing jobs.

ATi isnt doing shit.

The world wide economic collapse is killing or will kill everyone. You think ATI will ship normal levels of product when every other segment of the industry is heading for 40+% drops in bookings? Ah, no.

"In the third quarter of last year, Nvidia saw shipments of graphics processors fall 6.4% from
the same period a year ago, according to John Peddie Research. AMD (NYSE: AMD) and
Intel, on the other hand, saw year-to-year growth in shipments of 22.8% and 81.4%,
respectively."

http://www.informationweek.com/news/hardware/processors/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=212900288

Obviously you'll be banned soon so I guess we can have fun with this. So if AMD is killing nVidia why is AMD laying off people? When was the last time AMD actualy made money?

If AMD is killing nVidia I'd hate to see the situation if AMD were only normally completive.

Vengence is right, but it is bad for us as a whole, fanboisms aside. Though when you say nvidia's having a hard year or two they're overdue for a few, and it is a rough economy we're currently in.

Obviously you'll be banned soon so I guess we can have fun with this. So if AMD is killing nVidia why is AMD laying off people? When was the last time AMD actualy made money?

If AMD is killing nVidia I'd hate to see the situation if AMD were only normally completive.

I don't know, google it, I'm just reporting on the 50% decline that has to do with Nvidia. Why would I get
banned posting articles which are true. One of my links is directly from the nvidia web site.

You know you've gone overboard with being a fanboy when you talk trash in regards to companies going under and people losing jobs.
He wasn't talking trash. He was stating the industry is reeling, not just nVidia.

We all know ATi's newest have eaten into the market share nVidia had. That's good for consumers since we get to pay less while they fight to gain/keep market share.

I don't know, google it, I'm just reporting on the 50% decline that has to do with Nvidia. Why would I get
banned posting articles which are true. One of my links is directly from the nvidia web site.

Just look at your posts. They're pretty much all about downing nVidia. You're obviously a troll.

And with all that, they are looking to loose over 500 million this quarter alone, which will be the 8th or 9th straight quarter they (second full year) have lost money. On the other hand, Nvidia will still make a profit for the year. They are sure killing Nvidia. :rolleyes:

According to their own report, Nvidia won't be making a profit in 2009. Lol, you sound like
you want AMD to go down, why the hate? Are you a consumer...because if you are how is
this good? You sound like a Nvidia shareholder or something.

It's just news that has to do with the video card industry that I thought I would share since it is relevant
in a video card forum. That is all, don't take it personal, it's just news.

I don't take it personal. I own stock in neither and it's only hardware. What people choose to use has no reflection on who I am.

Herd mentally requires putting down the other's choice in an attempt at making their choice mean more...

I don't take it personal. I own stock in neither and it's only hardware. What people choose to use has no reflection on who I am.

Herd mentally requires putting down the other's choice in an attempt at making their choice mean more...

I wasn't really referring to you in that remark, but I have had cards from both camps and
have had good experience with both companies. I hope both do well and hate to see people
lose jobs in general. Definitely wouldn't brag about people losing jobs in a certain company like a previous
poster here. I care more about the people than some brand name slapped on a video card
. Regardless, these companies not doing well is not good for anyone, that is the sad truth.

It's just news that has to do with the video card industry that I thought I would share since it is relevant
in a video card forum. That is all, don't take it personal, it's just news.

There's nothing wrong with the news, I think its normal we see such statistic all the time, sometimes one goes up and the other drop a little, it changes here and there from time to time

But anyway, it doesn't show that ATi is killing nVidia. It still doesn't show ATi taking a huge chunk of the market away from nVidia to the point that their market share is more than nVidia.

One when we see ATi having the majority share, then that will tell us something

You know I'm just going to say this for fun, but AMD cannot possibly be killing nvidia neither of them are human, or have been given human qualities. Also how can something die when it's not alive. Alright seriously why is the being discussed I've seen about 40 threads similar to this. AMD may be going abandon ship, but if this concerns us it's in the fact that we are consumers and are directly affected by it. Think no more AMD CPU competition and no more GPU competition overall price for computers goes up. Global recession + high prices = more bankrupt companies = very bad cycle. Regardless of who is "eating" who this thread is pointless. Either way it's bad for us.

What does a financial report have anything to do in a video card section other then spreading negativity about Nvidia?

Seriously, if any GFX company goes bad, we all loose. Strong competition is good and if a company goes bad, there is no joy about it regardless of it being ATI or Nvidia.

People getting laid off is another bad thing that people should have sympathy about. Rather make a thread about supporting those.

Unlike Intel or AMD, nVidia only has graphic cards and chipsets as their product. They are not doing well in both department right now. At least AMD graphic division is doing better than their CPU department. I just hope the both companies can make through the tough time.

you people are pethetic, fanbois and or not, you are the ones getting the worst of it in the end.

MocciBoo, hows that bumhole cause it got raped on the first page. Give it up man. Just. Give. It. Up.

Perhaps he is blissfully unaware (possibly due to fanboyism) that there is an economic crisis wrecking everything right now. Also, I can't recall AMD pulling a decent profit before this whole mess.

I want neither company to go down, in fact I want intel to come up with their own stuff as we need some "cheaper" alternatives or just prices in general to go down.

Let me clear a few things up.

I don't want to see AMD die. While they may not do much to keep Intel in check, they are keeping Nvidia in check.

I posted all those links because the OP is obviously a fanboy that saw one link and thought it would be cool to rag on Nvidia.

I don't think it's cool that people are loosing their jobs. However, I was talking about the health of the corporation, and not of the individuals that may loose thier jobs.

AMD is in VERY serious trouble. Nvidia on the other hand is not. It's got 1.3B in cash and no debt and made money in Q3, while AMD has been loosing money, has 1.3B in cash and 5.2B in debt.

AMD dying would be a bad thing, however that doesn't stop AMD from dying. :(

But if AMD died or got close, they would probably just sell off ATI and we'd still have competition in the video card market. But on the CPU side, I wouldnt care, since Intel hasnt had any real competition in that market for quite a long time.

Unlike Intel or AMD, nVidia only has graphic cards and chipsets as their product. They are not doing well in both department right now. At least AMD graphic division is doing better than their CPU department. I just hope the both companies can make through the tough time.

I agree, hopefully both companies will do better.

He's on a 12 inch monitor and doesnt like to scroll to read his own bs LOL!!!

He's on a 12 inch monitor and doesnt like to scroll to read his own bs LOL!!!

Lol, How can it be BS if I got it from here from Nvidia's web site? Here is the link again...:eek:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/io_1231872894693.html

There are reports that Nvidia won't profit this year, but let's hope and pray things turn around..note
I was very upset about this news in my first post on this thread, and I hope things turn around
and they make a lot of money....:)

Ha. You think whats left of ATI is going to hold AMD affloat single handed? Especially now with Intel entering the discrete GPU market?

There are reports that Nvidia won't profit this year, but let's hope and pray things turn around..

LolStopSpewingFecesFromYourMoutherrKeyboard. .

lol nvidia crusaders are here :) both ati and economy is killing nvidia ati forces nvidia to lower prices economy is in bad shape go figure

According to their own report, Nvidia won't be making a profit in 2009. Lol, you sound like
you want AMD to go down, why the hate? Are you a consumer...because if you are how is
this good? You sound like a Nvidia shareholder or something.

Aren't you doing the same, in regards to ATI ? Why the hate towards NVIDIA ? You seem to want NVIDIA to go down, with false titles like the one you created for this thread...
ATI is not killing anyone. They're just FINALLY competing, after almost two years of NVIDIA's dominance, which is obviously good for consumers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back