ATI Eyefinity Hotfix with crossfire

Interesting, does this mean we can use the extra DVI outs for the 3rd monitor without needing a displayport monitor/adapter?

I have no idea, but I doubt it. If I remember correctly, you need to connect all 3 screens to the same card. Worth a try though. :)

So use 9.12 for normal crossfire user and 9.12 beta hotfix if you need eyefinity support?

Darnit, the linky no longer works! anybody else have a working link for the eyefinity + crossfire hotfix patch??

So use 9.12 for normal crossfire user and 9.12 beta hotfix if you need eyefinity support?

Basically, I would say so. The 9.12 is more tested for stability.

The hotfix contains other fixes as well, so if you experience any of the following, I would still install the hotfix:

Highlights of the ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix release include:

Support for the OpenCL™ GPU component of the ATI Stream SDK v2.0

* The ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix release provides full support for GPU acceleration of OpenCL when used in conjunction with the ATI Stream SDK v2.0. This feature is supported on the ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series and the AMD FireStream™ 9200 Series of products. For more information about ATI Stream technology and OpenCL, please visit http://www.amd.com/stream.

Support for ATI CrossFireX™ on Eyefinity configurations

* The ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix release provides ATI CrossFireX™ support on Eyefinity configurations, allowing users to take advantage of their additional GPUs for increased gaming performance when driving high resolution Eyefinity display groups
* Supported on the ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series, and ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series

Support for DisplayPort audio

* The ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix release adds support for DisplayPort audio for DisplayPort panels

Fixes for the following issues:

* Resident Evil 5 – Performance drop during the opening cinematic
* Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 – Performance drop observed with a supported ATI CrossFireX™ configuration when using the thermal scope
* Wheelman – Game freezes while loading the game menu
* Flashing in various OpenGL titles – City of Heroes, Enemy Territories: Quake Wars, Riddick
* Heaven benchmark (DirectX 9 mode) – Grass flickers and white boarders observed around the edges
* ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series, and ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series – issue with HDMI: DTS-HD and Dolby True-HD not working properly with certain receivers.
* The desktop mouse cursor becomes enlarged at random when using Windows 7

Link is up and running, but you cannot download file yet. :)

only because the akami server is offline, and you cannot download it without the akami dl manager.

Also....

I could not get it to work with all my 1337 referer changing skills.

Link is up and running, but you cannot download file yet. :)

Good thing I'm still out of town or this would anger me greatly. Something along the lines of *HULK SMASH!!!* :D Stop teasing us ATI and gives us the goodies!

LOL! I am seriously considering "hammer time" with F5
But, since server is down as jeremyshaw said, I don't think it will help much :p

We’ve also made the ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix driver available (a little later) today as well – there were some last minute fixes, plus a few more features we wanted to get out there as soon as we could!!

Since this was posted today (17DEC2009) by the AMD community admins, I hope to get these by tonight.

Back