• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ATI Catalyst 9.3 Released .....

I just installed on top of 9.2's and so far so good. I was having problems with Grid and the 9.2's. No crashing as of yet with these.
 
I too just installed over 9.2, on Win 7, and haven't had any major issues. The card seems to be running hotter though. That could be the driver, or it could be that it was near 90 here today. Tomorrow I'll probably try drivercleaner, just to see if it makes a difference.
 
thanks op, makes downloading so much easier w/ individual links (i know it's not hard, but it was definitely a nice thing to do)

will see if I see any differences on my 4850x2

also, I've never tried to install over old drivers...so this will be a first
 
Hmmm, a lot of people are saying their games have been smoother with the new drivers.
I guess I'll jump to them as well when I do a clean install of Vista 64. But I've noticed that I crash so much more in Vista than in XP when playing L4D.

I fcking hate the looping-sound-error-crash-thing I have. Can't tell what's causing the problem.

Due you have a firewall installed? Zonealarm?
 
I can report of way improved WaW frame rate, for me anyway. It now almost plays at the same level as COD4 did. Which is 60fps and no movement at 1920x1200 8AA/16AF (yes I play with vsync cause the tearing drive me mad). Plus the white flicker line around the water is gone. Hurray!
 
-As expected, CCC refuse to start with out sweeping out the old driver first. Thus far zero success with installing over older on Server 2008.

-PowerPlay bug still there, but easily fixable with modded profile.xml

-GPUs scaling well in Crysis, but then again it was already scaling well since 8.12HF.

The real meat of this release however is this:
New AMD Display Library (ADL) SDK
􀁺 AMD Display Library (ADL) SDK is designed to access display driver functionality
for all ATI Radeon graphics accelerators and FirePro graphics accelerators
􀁺 The SDK supports Windows XP, Windows Vista and Linux - 32 and 64 bit variants
􀁺 The SDK can be used from both unmanaged (C/C++) and managed (C#) applications
- samples are provided within the SDK
􀁺 The ADL SDK is available to the public via the Developer relations site

If this is true, not only will it make the life of coders of ati tray tools and such a lot easier we will potentially see some very interesting tweaking programmes in the near future.
 
For some reason this installed and then didn't make me restart? 9.3 showed up in CCC, etc too lol.

Windows Vista and Windows 7 technically do not require reboots for driver installs. This was changed when the WDDM for Vista/7 was designed.

However, drivers from ATI early on in Vista's life still required the reboot because the drivers didn't have non-reboot ability yet. ATI added the non-reboot abililty in the early 8.x drivers I believe. It was in the release notes when they added it.
 
Well my install of the drivers failed when it went to put in CCC, but I have some other issues with my main machine, so I'm gonna wipe it out this weekend....grrr
 
Windows Vista and Windows 7 technically do not require reboots for driver installs. This was changed when the WDDM for Vista/7 was designed.

However, drivers from ATI early on in Vista's life still required the reboot because the drivers didn't have non-reboot ability yet. ATI added the non-reboot abililty in the early 8.x drivers I believe. It was in the release notes when they added it.

I have always been prompted to reboot though, and indeed need to before it would work.
 
DVD play is broken : (


I haven't been able to confirm it is the 9.3s.... But DVD playback just shows a blank or strangely . And since nothing else has changed since the last time I played a DVD then I have a pretty good hunch that it is the 9.3s
 
I have always been prompted to reboot though, and indeed need to before it would work.

yeah I'm running vista 64 and I was asked to reboot.

Interesting. I wonder what determines what causes the reboot and what doesn't.

What did you guys install? Did you uninstall before installing?

I only had it update CCC, the driver, and the AVIVO codec package. I don't use HDMI so I didn't let that new audio driver install.
 
installed on top of 9.2's this morning and no issues what so ever...sure beats, uninstalling, rebooting into safe mode, running driver cleaner, rebooting, installing, then rebooting haha
 
I had the Windows 7 Beta ATI drivers installed, I uninstalled and driver swept these, rebooted, and have had the Vista 64 9.2's running. These didnt help my display issues in EVE.

I figured it best to uninstall/sweep the vista drivers off. Installed the 9.3's and rebooted.

EVE has never looked so good! Still cant use the "Bloom" option, as it turns the asteroids into "flashing clouds", but the HDR option really shows now. Ship explosions are SWEET!

Thank you to ATI for the 9.3's!

OH..and I installed them to my 2600xt in my extra box to try out the Folding@Home improvements :)
 
I tried an upgrade over the 9.2 drivers on Vista 64, but that failed. Ran the uninstall, rebooted and then rebooted into safe mode to run driver cleaner and driver sweeper. Rebooted, installed, rebooted (twice even) and the Catalyst Control Center wouldn't load. Ran the ATI Install Manager, express uninstalled all, rebooted straight into safe mode. Ran driver cleaner and driver sweeper again. Rebooted, installed, rebooted twice (this works best for me because of initial issues when the display comes up). Everything worked that time.

I only tried TF2 so far, but my average frame rates jumped from 30-80+ to 70-200+ in 2560x1600 maxing out using in-game settings. This may just coincide with some recent TF2 patch changes though, but I suspect otherwise.
 
Vista x64 here...installed over the top of 9.2's...no problems, no reboot needed. All systems go here.
 
Anyone have any problems with crossfire??? The amd board everyone is complaining about it besides myself.
9.2's were working just fine should have stayed with those.

I had sooo many problems getting the 9.3's to install, the INF problem, the CLI and MOM errors, CCC not installing. spent hours going through my registry cleaning everything ati out then through system32, user data, programs files folder. this is crazy and after all that CROSSFIRE DOESN'T WORK!!!!!!!!!!! Right back to the problems of the 8.12 driver.
 
Anyone have any problems with crossfire??? The amd board everyone is complaining about it besides myself.
9.2's were working just fine should have stayed with those.

I had sooo many problems getting the 9.3's to install, the INF problem, the CLI and MOM errors, CCC not installing. spent hours going through my registry cleaning everything ati out then through system32, user data, programs files folder. this is crazy and after all that CROSSFIRE DOESN'T WORK!!!!!!!!!!! Right back to the problems of the 8.12 driver.

Nope no problems here and my board is the model beneath yours. Crossfire working like a champ. 9.3 installed right overtop 8.12. No reboot. No hassle.

So you had all those errors? Different installs or same install of the 9.3?
 
all this shit happens because people think they need to run ccleaner and driver cleaner for every driver upgrade. newsflash: no you don't need to do that. i've yet to have a major problem installing drivers, EVER.
 
all this shit happens because people think they need to run ccleaner and driver cleaner for every driver upgrade. newsflash: no you don't need to do that. i've yet to have a major problem installing drivers, EVER.

It tends to happen after multiple driver overwrites.

Of course people also apparently frequent ATI's website every month in anticipation of a new driver release so they can immediately install it, post anecdotal stories on forums about how it fixed their problems, and then shortly thereafter wonder what happened when the placebo effect wears off, the game in question crashes again and they come to the sinister conclusion that driver updates extremely rarely have any observable effect on anything.
 
Nope no problems here and my board is the model beneath yours. Crossfire working like a champ. 9.3 installed right overtop 8.12. No reboot. No hassle.

So you had all those errors? Different installs or same install of the 9.3?


Different installs. I usually just install and all is fine but this time all kinds of problems.

Wondering how I am going to go back to 9.2 since i have deleted every ati file on the machine to get these to install.
 
For those that play Source engine games, have a 4870X2 and like to put thier computer to sleep, but don't like texture flicker.... you're fucked

the bug is still there

What about the ones that play source engine games, have a 4870X2, like to put their computer to sleep, and eat a sandwich? Are they still fucked?

Who the hell puts their computer into sleep mode? Ever?
 
Seems more like a maintenance release than a performance release. I'm a little bit annoyed they even bothered with official Windows 7 support. Windows 7 may not even be out this year, so talk about preemptive efforts.

Still waiting for GTA4 performance increases.
 
DX9 in vista completetly screwed with crossfire X ( quadfire ) still was borked in 9.2 but could be fixed by using gpu scaling. 9.3 no such luck.
 
Went from 8.12 to 9.3, the shadow flickers in WoW that 8.12 mostly fix came back. had to crank the shadow effect down in crossfire.
 
Ok so I contacted amd/ati and they asked for me to send them my dxdiag file, I will keep you posted for more.
 
What about the ones that play source engine games, have a 4870X2, like to put their computer to sleep, and eat a sandwich? Are they still fucked?

Who the hell puts their computer into sleep mode? Ever?

sammich not included.

plenty of people actually. you should try it some time. boot up is MUCH faster.
 
What's the difference between Sleep and Hibernate?

Hibernate writes everything in RAM to the hard disk and shuts down, allowing you to start the computer up later as if you had never turned it off. Just as in real life, it's a much deeper sleep.
 
Anybody else have their 4870x2 temp go up with this? Mine went up by about 6-8 C which is a lot more than the jump in temperature here in the last couple of days. But it still could be a coincidence.
 
It tends to happen after multiple driver overwrites.

Of course people also apparently frequent ATI's website every month in anticipation of a new driver release so they can immediately install it, post anecdotal stories on forums about how it fixed their problems, and then shortly thereafter wonder what happened when the placebo effect wears off, the game in question crashes again and they come to the sinister conclusion that driver updates extremely rarely have any observable effect on anything.

I like your explanation of things. I have not cleaned out my drivers once and they have always upgraded just fine. I think it was the 8.9 drivers that made a game crash but other then that, never any problems. I remember the first few months, CCC would show some error dialogs but it worked fine regardless of what it said.

And something else is true, there are hundreds of people in this forum who never experience a single problem but it is the few who do who are most likely to post. Reading this forum makes it look like the majority of people have problems. Not so.
 
I installed 9.3 over my 8.12 without any issues. Rebooted, re-OC'ed and am going to try out some games. So far everything seems just fine :D
 
Back
Top