Cablespider
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Jan 21, 2006
- Messages
- 148
I just installed on top of 9.2's and so far so good. I was having problems with Grid and the 9.2's. No crashing as of yet with these.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hmmm, a lot of people are saying their games have been smoother with the new drivers.
I guess I'll jump to them as well when I do a clean install of Vista 64. But I've noticed that I crash so much more in Vista than in XP when playing L4D.
I fcking hate the looping-sound-error-crash-thing I have. Can't tell what's causing the problem.
New AMD Display Library (ADL) SDK
􀁺 AMD Display Library (ADL) SDK is designed to access display driver functionality
for all ATI Radeon graphics accelerators and FirePro graphics accelerators
􀁺 The SDK supports Windows XP, Windows Vista and Linux - 32 and 64 bit variants
􀁺 The SDK can be used from both unmanaged (C/C++) and managed (C#) applications
- samples are provided within the SDK
􀁺 The ADL SDK is available to the public via the Developer relations site
For some reason this installed and then didn't make me restart? 9.3 showed up in CCC, etc too lol.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 technically do not require reboots for driver installs. This was changed when the WDDM for Vista/7 was designed.
However, drivers from ATI early on in Vista's life still required the reboot because the drivers didn't have non-reboot ability yet. ATI added the non-reboot abililty in the early 8.x drivers I believe. It was in the release notes when they added it.
I have always been prompted to reboot though, and indeed need to before it would work.
I have always been prompted to reboot though, and indeed need to before it would work.
yeah I'm running vista 64 and I was asked to reboot.
Anyone have any problems with crossfire??? The amd board everyone is complaining about it besides myself.
9.2's were working just fine should have stayed with those.
I had sooo many problems getting the 9.3's to install, the INF problem, the CLI and MOM errors, CCC not installing. spent hours going through my registry cleaning everything ati out then through system32, user data, programs files folder. this is crazy and after all that CROSSFIRE DOESN'T WORK!!!!!!!!!!! Right back to the problems of the 8.12 driver.
all this shit happens because people think they need to run ccleaner and driver cleaner for every driver upgrade. newsflash: no you don't need to do that. i've yet to have a major problem installing drivers, EVER.
Nope no problems here and my board is the model beneath yours. Crossfire working like a champ. 9.3 installed right overtop 8.12. No reboot. No hassle.
So you had all those errors? Different installs or same install of the 9.3?
For those that play Source engine games, have a 4870X2 and like to put thier computer to sleep, but don't like texture flicker.... you're fucked
the bug is still there
What about the ones that play source engine games, have a 4870X2, like to put their computer to sleep, and eat a sandwich? Are they still fucked?
Who the hell puts their computer into sleep mode? Ever?
What's the difference between Sleep and Hibernate?
Is this it?Anybody else have their 4870x2 temp go up with this? Mine went up by about 6-8 C which is a lot more than the jump in temperature here in the last couple of days. But it still could be a coincidence.
It tends to happen after multiple driver overwrites.
Of course people also apparently frequent ATI's website every month in anticipation of a new driver release so they can immediately install it, post anecdotal stories on forums about how it fixed their problems, and then shortly thereafter wonder what happened when the placebo effect wears off, the game in question crashes again and they come to the sinister conclusion that driver updates extremely rarely have any observable effect on anything.