• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ATI 9.8 Hotfix

for those having slowdowns wiht sf4, i dont know the problem, i just ran the sf4 benchmark, and it gave me an A, with constant 90+ fps.

 
for those having slowdowns wiht sf4, i dont know the problem, i just ran the sf4 benchmark, and it gave me an A, with constant 90+ fps.

Before or after the hotfix? :confused:
 
Why is the hotfix file almost four (4) times larger than the 9.8 driver file? What are they fixing? Seems rather peculiar to me.

CB
 
Sweet!!!

I did a clean install from the 9.8 driver to the 9.8 hotfix driver and my HD4770's SF4 benchmark and furmark performance has been restored!!! :)


This worked well for a single HD4770 with XP 32bit. :cool:

All settings set to highest.

9pt8cccdrivertesthd4770.JPG
 
Is this a fix for only SF4. Haven't seen an issue with 9.8 yet. Played Dirt, Call of Juarez, and cod5, noticing smoother gameplay than 9.7 at least. My machine didn't like 9.7.
 
Fixes edge-detect aa in sf4 for me. Also notice slight improvements in crysis warhead.
 
Sweet!!!

I did a clean install from the 9.8 driver to the 9.8 hotfix driver and my HD4770's SF4 benchmark and furmark performance has been restored!!! :)


This worked well for a single HD4770 with XP 32bit. :cool:

All settings set to highest.


Clean install as in reinstalling windows?

or are you guys using some kind of ccc driver cleaner?
 
Clean install as in reinstalling windows?

or are you guys using some kind of ccc driver cleaner?


Clean install of ATI 9.8 hotfix.

I do this using CCC, driver sweeper, and manually deleting ATI folders and settings along with deleting ATI registry files.
 
Clean install of ATI 9.8 hotfix.

I do this using CCC, driver sweeper, and manually deleting ATI folders and settings along with deleting ATI registry files.

thanks for the info I will give this a try.
 
so those of us who are running older drivers, can we just install the hot fix w/out the original 9.8's or install the 9.8's first and then the hotfix? TIA!
 
so those of us who are running older drivers, can we just install the hot fix w/out the original 9.8's or install the 9.8's first and then the hotfix? TIA!



I installed over the vanilla 9.8s and it lost CCC. So I did a clean install and it's working well with a single HD4770 and XP 32 bit.
 
I thought the hotfix was meant to be installed over the 8.9 driver release, which is what I did. I didn't realize it could be installed independently otherwise I would have.
 
I thought the hotfix was meant to be installed over the 8.9 driver release, which is what I did. I didn't realize it could be installed independently otherwise I would have.

well I was going to install the 9.8's and then the hotfix, but I noticed that the hotfix was literally almost twice as big as the originals, so I just installed the hotfix only....no issues thus far :D
 
well I was going to install the 9.8's and then the hotfix, but I noticed that the hotfix was literally almost twice as big as the originals, so I just installed the hotfix only....no issues thus far :D

Should be fine. It's twice as big because it's not separated into 32 or 64-bit binaries. Both exist within each package.
 
With the 8.9 hotfix my Xfire HD4770 just about doubled performance from a single HD4770!!!! :cool:


HD47708hotfix8pt9Xfire.JPG
 
This works wonders for my framerate in the Resident Evil 5 benchmark demo. I am on a 4870X2
 
Thank god! I'm not the only one who was seeing problems with Sims3 and slowdown in SF4 benchmark. I mentioned the SF4 benchmark thing but absolutely nobody else seemed to report FPS slowdowns. But I lost like 30 FPS under 9.8. 88 fps->52 fps.

Update: Applied the Hotfix! Sims 3 works better, antialiasing is on, no more hard to read fonts, graphics are also slightly snappier. There's still a slight delay on texture fill in when zooming back in from far view, but it seems to be shorter than before. Too bad it doesn't let me OC my card any faster. LOL.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top