ATI 7.11 Released

SHREK

Weaksauce
Resolved Issues for the Windows Vista Operating System

This section provides information on resolved issues in this release of the ATI Catalyst™ Software Suite for Windows Vista. These include:

Bioshock: Pulling the lever in the chamber no longer results in the game failing. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30493
Bioshock, Lost Planet, and World In Conflict: Connecting certain dual link display devices to certain ATI Radeon™ 2x00 series of cards no longer results in limited display resolutions being available. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30090
Call of Juarez: Enabling CrossFire™ no longer results in flickering being noticed when playing the DX10 version of the game. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29540
Doom 3: Playing the game on a system containing an ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 series of product and running the Windows Vista operating system no longer results in display corruption being noticed when using the console commands. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29978
Fable: A black ring is no longer seen around the player character. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29939
Hellgate, Lord of the Rings, PT Boat, and World in Conflict: Corruption is no longer noticed when AA is enabled. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30487
Rainbow Six Vegas: Setting the display resolution to 1600x1200 and applying the in-game settings to high no longer results in corruption being noticed when using an HDMI display device. Further details can be found in topic number 737-28826
Roxio Creator Premier v9: MyDVD: Attempting to burn a DVD no longer results in the burn process failing at the encoding preview. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29937
Serious Sam: the Second Encounter Demo: Game play is no longer delayed when playing the game on a system running Windows XP and containing an ATI Radeon™ HD 2400 series of product. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29933
A blank screen is no longer displayed after unchecking all the Component Video formats except when the 480i30 custom mode is applied. Further details can be found in topic number 737-27620
Using PowerDVD to playback a Blu-ray title no longer results in the Windows Vista operating system failing with a 0x000000EA error. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29537
A missing Korean character is no longer noticed within the install shield. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29931
Catalyst™ Control Center: An error message is no longer displayed when clicking on Help. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29934
Setting the display device to 1600x1200 75Hz no longer results in the HD DVD playback window appearing blank. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29936
Google Sketchup no longer fails to pan when AA is enabled on systems containing an ATI Radeon™ X1300/1550/1600 series of product. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29941
Setting the display resolution to either 1776x1024 or 1920x1024 30i no longer results in the display devices failing to resume from an S3 state. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29944
Connecting a display device via Component Video as the primary display device and a DFP as a secondary display device no longer results in extended desktop mode failing to be applied. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30494
Cyberlink Press Player 2911: Rotating the display by 90 degrees during playback of a DVD title no longer results in the Windows Vista operating system failing to respond. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30495
Google Sketchup no longer fails to pan when AA is enabled on systems containing an ATI Radeon™ X1300/1550/1600 series of product 737-30496
Playing a 1080i video file using WinDVD no longer results in Overlay Theater Mode failing to work. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30496
GTA San Andreas: Enabling AFR mode and CrossFire™ no longer results in corruption being noticed in the opening cinematic of the game. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30499
A black screen is no longer displayed at the DVD menu when using WinDVD8 to play a DVD title with DXVA enabled. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30488
Hot plugging a D-sub DDC monitor to a notebook no longer results in the display device fails to switch on. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30489
Connecting a TV as the secondary display device no longer results in the default resolution of 800x600 failing to be applied when extended desktop mode is enabled. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30491
Combat Mission: Shock Force Demo v1.02: Setting the ATI left-click compatibility option to off and starting a new battle no longer results in the game failing to respond when clicking the left mouse button on various options within the game. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30492
A no signal error message is no longer displayed when the A/V sync on Component input source is set to 720p or 1080i resolution. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30595

Resolved Issues for the Windows XP Operating System

This section provides information on resolved issues in this release of the ATI Catalyst™ Software Suite for Windows XP. These include:

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars: Corruption is no longer noticed with the use of rectangle textures. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29954
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars: The game no longer fails to respond when triple buffering is enabled. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30544
Unreal Tournament 2004: Enabling CrossFire™ followed by attempting to change the in-game display resolution no longer results in a loss of vsync. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29950
On certain products, dragging player window from the primary to the secondary display no longer results in hardware acceleration being disabled which resulted in the CPU usage increasing. Further details can be found in topic number 737-28516
With some h.264 titles that have MPEG2 introductions; playback no longer switches from hardware accelerated to software once the introductory content is finished. Further details can be found in topic number 737-28517
With some h.264 titles that have MPEG2 intros, playback no longer switches from hardware accelerated to software once the introductory content is finished. Further details can be found in topic number 737-28517
Enabling extended desktop mode following by launching the Windows Media Player no longer results in the player failing to appear on the secondary display device in full screen mode. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29555
The CrossFire™ option found in the Catalyst™ Control Center is now available on systems containing an ATI Radeon™ X1800 series of product and running the Windows XP operating system. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30010
Users running Windows XP on a system containing an ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 no longer experience a drop in performance from single card mode to CrossFire™ mode when software CrossFire™ is enabled in certain applications. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29980
Pressing the power button to resume from an S3 state no longer results in only the mouse cursor being visible and the screen remaining blank until the mouse is moved. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29948
Dragging the WinDVD player from the primary display to the secondary display no longer results in the player failing to respond. Further, closing the WinDVD player using the Task Manager may result in the operating system failing to respond. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29955
Enabling extended desktop mode and dragging the PowerDVD window to the secondary display device no longer results in the PowerDVD window becoming black with only the audio being heard. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29952
Catalyst™ Control Center: German character are no longer truncated in the Profile Manager Applications tab. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29930
Connecting a Dell 30" LDC display device to an ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 series of product no longer results in flashing or no display image. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30545
Corruption is no longer noticed when enabling Theater mode and enabling clone mode. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30546
The Enable ATI OverDrive™ clocks for 3D applications only checkbox is now checked and grayed out when the OverDrive™ option in the Catalyst™ Control Center is unlocked. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30600
Ending playback of a Blu-ray title followed by toggling the CrossFire™ settings (on or off) no longer results in the Windows XP operating system failing to respond. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30543
Enabling CrossFire™ and setting the display resolution to 2560x1600 no longer results in HD DVD titles playing back as if in fast forward mode when using a Cyberlink player. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30530
Corruption is no longer noticed when dragging a window across the desktop edge in four monitor configuration under Windows XP. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30531
Connecting a single display device to a secondary graphics adapter no longer results in extended desktop mode being applied. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30538
Playing the online game TianLongBaBu for an extended period of time (2 hours or more) on a system containing an ATI Radeon™ HD2400 or HD2600 no longer results in the operating system failing to respond. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30542

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx

Crysis players should continue using the Crysis hotfix driver. http://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&questionID=30533

I just installed 7.10s and seems like my card took a hit anyone try these yet?

I'll try them when I get home. Maybe that stupid 'you don't have permission to change CCC settings' message will go away.

It won't install for me :( i get a pop-up box with the title "Notify" and the only option is "Ok"
after that i get another error, followed by another; then the setup closes.
Gosh darned it...

lol and the new one didnt even talk about any fixes with the 3800 series, damn you ATi damn you!!!! lol, seriously they are gona leave me hagging with the bugs when I just got my 3870, the need to improve alot on the driver issues. Its a sad day for us 3800 series users. I expected the drivers to fix some issues with the 3800 series. :(

Hell, they don't even have the 3800 series listed in the drop down menu of Radeon cards. I'm assuming its all the same 7.11 Radeon Driver, but still. :rolleyes:

7:10 with hotfix are quicker then 7:11 on a single 2900xt.Crossfire 3dmarks have improved for me.

Hell, they don't even have the 3800 series listed in the drop down menu of Radeon cards. I'm assuming its all the same 7.11 Radeon Driver, but still. :rolleyes:

The release notes state that the new 7.11 drivers are for the HD 3800 series too.
However, I think they're probably older than the Crysis "patch" drivers that ATI released last week since the 7.11 release notes don't mention anything about Crysis fixes.

This link should explain why ATi is slower to release drivers than Nvidia. It also sheds alot of light on the differences between ATi and Nvidia resource-wise. Its a good read:

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2219803,00.asp

"ATI has a developer relations program, but it's not on the same scale and not nearly as well funded. As a result, Nvidia has often had months to work on drivers by the time a new game hits the market, and ATI often doesn't have really good drivers until the game is a month or two post-release. It costs mindshare, and it costs sales."

eh?

i always felt ATi drivers have been way better than nvidia until recently in Vista. I have both brands.

Being "better" is all about Nvidia spending millions just to get their The Way It's Meant To Make Non-NvidiaCards Perform Slowly And Incorrectly team of 300 people to work with game developers while ATI doesn't do a thing even near to that.

Hence Crysis not getting Crossfire support until who knows when, but getting SLI support with the next patch, like.

Being "better" is all about Nvidia spending millions just to get their The Way It's Meant To Make Non-NvidiaCards Perform Slowly And Incorrectly team of 300 people to work with game developers while ATI doesn't do a thing even near to that.

Hence Crysis not getting Crossfire support until who knows when, but getting SLI support with the next patch, like.
Is Nvidia somehow like sharks with lazor beams attached? ATi made the investment choice not to work as closely with games devs. To me, that seems to be placing the blame on the wrong shoulders.

Yeah, with all those TWIMTPB marketing people taking lunch to the developers you end up with 2,284,8271 beta drivers. Even better yet each of those millions of beta drivers fix one specific game and possibly break six others. Pure joy and something I don't miss with my 3870's.

I've used both ATi and Nvidia. Guess I've been lucky and not seen or needed the 2,284,8271 beta drivers since using my current cards.

I wonder if this will fix the flashing I get whenever I use a 3D app. My monitor goes blank, then back on, then blank, in the middle of playing a game. No rhyme or reason, just does it whenever it feels like. Hopefully this fixes it!

Over at Rage3D, others have gone back to the 7.10's. I bet within a day or two a "fixed" version will be up for download.

I wonder if this will fix the flashing I get whenever I use a 3D app. My monitor goes blank, then back on, then blank, in the middle of playing a game. No rhyme or reason, just does it whenever it feels like. Hopefully this fixes it!

Yes, I get that too so that wasnt just me. I also get alot of this error message recently:
Display driver has failed and has recovered successfully after my screen goes blank for a second.

yep yep i have that error too its like some MOM error and it says something about the paremeter and all this other nonsense cant open my ati drivers, sometime im going to freshly install the 7.10s though after uninstalling everything but gee my heart sank and i got instantly sad. Id say wait till the bugs and everything is out of the 7.11 ati cats. before installing em. ;)

Yes, I get that too so that wasnt just me. I also get alot of this error message recently:
Display driver has failed and has recovered successfully after my screen goes blank for a second.

do you have VPU recover checked in the CCC? sounds like, if you are overclocked, your overclock isnt stable and the driver is reloading. uncheck vpu recover, and you will probably hard lock the system. if so, back down your clocks and recheck for stability using a benchmark (3dm06 for example) to test for stabilty. dont use overdrive in CCC and expect it to be accurate.

I dont have my card overclocked anymore. This happend right after I installed the offical drivers.

I just went to add or remove programs and clicked the Ati uninstall utility and it rid all the ati things and then i just freshly installed the drivers back and installed 7.10s again since how the 7.11 i dont wanna experience that buggish error a-gain.;)

guys,
I just installed a Diamond MM branded 3850 PCI-E card and the catalyst 7.11 on a brand new winxp-32 install. Everything seems to be running fine but I have a yellow questions mark in the system control panel for HDMI Audio. Where can I get the driver for this?

Thanks

hmm...that says the driver is for the 2900 series...can't seem to find anything for the 3950.

Back