• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ATI 5850

fightingfi

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
3,233
Nvidia who ? MUhahahahah :D I understand that whoever usually comes out first with the latest direct x cards usually wins that Battle :D Looks to be AMD\ATI this and Next Year. :D
 
fanboys-20081120-101125.jpg
 
I state again that I am not a fanboy of either. I have a GTX 260 right now. But looking at the specs of the next gen GPU for nVidia. It looks like it'll cost them a bunch to produce because of the 3 billion transistors. Anyone know if it's still 55nm? or did they go to 40nm like ATI/AMD?
 
I state again that I am not a fanboy of either. I have a GTX 260 right now. But looking at the specs of the next gen GPU for nVidia. It looks like it'll cost them a bunch to produce because of the 3 billion transistors. Anyone know if it's still 55nm? or did they go to 40nm like ATI/AMD?

Your initial post made little sense, that is why people thought your were a fanboy. Your explanation now is far clearer.
 
LOL, sorry for the confusion. I posted in the thread on the GPU conference in nVidia flavor.

But yea, can't speak for OP, but I wouldn't count nVidia out of the performance crown when GT300 hits.
 
I dont understand all the rabid fanboyisms.

Competition in the marketplace is GOOD, and in the end we ALL benefit (Lower prices, better parts). All of us enthusiasts are looking toward whoever is going to give us the best band for our buck. But understand that this changes with the market.
 
I dont understand all the rabid fanboyisms.

Competition in the marketplace is GOOD, and in the end we ALL benefit (Lower prices, better parts). All of us enthusiasts are looking toward whoever is going to give us the best band for our buck. But understand that this changes with the market.

No clue either. I've personally used both ATI and Nvidia. Currently I think ATI has the best of this generation.....ordered a 5850 to replace my 8800GT.
 
the fanboys are the vocal minority, and they are very vocal. the rest of us logical posters, the silent majority, just buy from whichever company offers the best performance at the best price. we understand that competition between manufacturers is a good thing.
 
No clue either. I've personally used both ATI and Nvidia. Currently I think ATI has the best of this generation.....ordered a 5850 to replace my 8800GT.

kind of a fan boy comment you just made there. how do you know ati has the best of this generation when nvidia's product isn't out yet. furthermore, there was no best of the last generation either as competing products from both companies ended up costing about the same.
 
kind of a fan boy comment you just made there. how do you know ati has the best of this generation when nvidia's product isn't out yet. furthermore, there was no best of the last generation either as competing products from both companies ended up costing about the same.

Well, I kind of stuck to my 8800GT for two years, because it had enough performance. I cannot predict what NVIDIA's got in Q1 09'. In my opinion, the upgrade to the 5850 is more than enough for me. I should point out that I've had both NVIDIA and ATI cards, depending price and performance.
 
Back
Top