ATI 2900

Omg... It seems 99% of people here fail to grasp the simple concept of "CPU LIMITATION" which 3dmark06 reeks of

Go test some games at high res instead

Dunno, going from dual core to quad core didn't seem to make much of a dif in 3dmark06 for me. Not that 3dmark matters.

Same system except for CPU (1900xtx, 2gb ram, msi 975 mobo)

Core 2 Quad @ 3.0ghz (though 3dmark reports it as 2.67) 6756
Core 2 Duo @ 3.2ghz 6618

Find out how the rig does in games.
3dmark and 2900 CF may be having trouble. Pull (or disable) a card, run in game benchmarks, enable other card and CF, run same thing and see if it improves.

Wow, nice rig. Part of me is jealous of not having a 2900 since I'm more of an ATI fanboy, but whatever.

Ignore those fucking trolls, you can just spend money on whatever you want, whatever your heart tells you. Have you overclocked your CPU at least yet? Do you have CS:S? If so, tell us your FPS results from the stress test.

I'm assuming "CS:S" is Counter Strike: Source. If so I don't have the game and this so called black box only comes with a coupon where you have to download steam, Not a fan of downloading bloated an un needed software options.

I havn't OC one item because I am trying to Water Cooling setup in the rig. I almost ready to get that setup but having a delima on my pump and radiator (more less what way to go).

Started Thread:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1194406

As for stress tests on games, any games out there offer that type of built testing.

Games installed on system:
America's Army
Company oh Hero's
Far Cry (64 bit)
World of Warcraft
Supreme Commander (currently there is no sound nor I can't get any support for this game, especially running Vista 64 Ultimate.)

I'm assuming "CS:S" is Counter Strike: Source. If so I don't have the game and this so called black box only comes with a coupon where you have to download steam, Not a fan of downloading bloated an un needed software options.

I havn't OC one item because I am trying to Water Cooling setup in the rig. I almost ready to get that setup but having a delima on my pump and radiator (more less what way to go).

Started Thread:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1194406

As for stress tests on games, any games out there offer that type of built testing.

Games installed on system:
America's Army
Company oh Hero's
Far Cry (64 bit)
World of Warcraft
Supreme Commander (currently there is no sound nor I can't get any support for this game, especially running Vista 64 Ultimate.)
Steam isnt that bad. Give it a try.

Back