Atari VCS Console Finally Set To Release

I'm still calling it an Atari emulator as Atari fans are likely the only customers of this "console". There's no future of this system in the streaming/htpc/tinkerers market.
it is a emu whether they like it or not. its not og hardware and it doesnt use carts...

It plays the PC versions of those Atari games. All the games included with this "console" are available to purchase on Steam, as far as I'm aware.

which are also just emus. just like the sega packs, its an emu in a front end with roms.

I'm still calling it an Atari emulator as Atari fans are likely the only customers of this "console". There's no future of this system in the streaming/htpc/tinkerers market.
Totally agree with you. I've followed this since they were trying to get the crowd-funding started, and it appears the only lure they have is the nostalgic case. Not worth it.

There is a market for expensive clone consoles (Analogue products), but those clones offer bespoke features you can't get in an emulator box. This seems like a weird hybrid of classic aesthetic and premium price that will appeal to nobody. I'm theoretically their market (middle aged, disposable income, into retro games, own a $500 NES clone) and I have no interest in this thing.

Back